Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Packers-Steelers, Week 15 (potential clinch week)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packers-Steelers, Week 15 (potential clinch week)

According to the NFL, the Green Bay Packers can clinch a playoff berth this week if:

The Packers beat the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday AND

•Either the Dallas Cowboys lose vs. New Orleans (Sat., 7:20 p.m.);

OR

•The New York Giants lose OR tie vs. Washington (Mon., 7:30 p.m.)
    Or if the Packers tie the Steelers, they need the Giants to lose.

So if the Cowboys lose to the undefeated Saints on Saturday night, the Packers will take to Heinz Field on Sunday afternoon knowing a win gets them in.

Steelers have already ruled out:

Troy Polamalu
    Chris Kemoeatu

I don't like this game for Green Bay. I know the Steelers have been struggling, but it's at their place and they're going to be pretty well rested for this game. Although the o-line has been better I think the Steelers will be able to put enough pressure on Rodgers to cause problems. I think the deciding factor in this game will be whether or not the secondary can prevent Mike Wallace from having a big game. If they can contain him, along with Ward and Holmes, then i like the Pack's chances of leaving with a win.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Be prepared to see Drivers, Jennings, Jones, and Nelsonszzzz YAC get a hugemongous jump this game. Really, I hope only Jennings (fantasy).

I think yall win this. Although, the way things have played out, the ones I think we will lose, we win. The ones I think we win, we lose.

I hope Woodley, Harrison, and Timmons can get there all day.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
        I don't like this game for Green Bay. I know the Steelers have been struggling, but it's at their place and they're going to be pretty well rested for this game. Although the o-line has been better I think the Steelers will be able to put enough pressure on Rodgers to cause problems. I think the deciding factor in this game will be whether or not the secondary can prevent Mike Wallace from having a big game. If they can contain him, along with Ward and Holmes, then i like the Pack's chances of leaving with a win.
        Yeah, I'm a little wary about this game. Yes the Packers know its a big game but if they know that if they win, their in, I think they will play well and get a win. Serious playoff teams win these types of game, they need to go into pittsburgh and win because that's what they're gonna have to do in the playoffs because mostly likely they will need to go on the road in some very hostile enviroments (Min, AZ, NO).

MM has really had this team focused since the Tampa game. I say this past week was the most important game of the year. Another reeling team, on the road, missed Red Zone and FG chances and the packers find a way to win.

Tough game but I think the packers find a way to pull out this game with the Steelers mentally reeling.
        Rock Jock

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox

Comment

The Steelers are too good of a team to lose 6 straight. I have a bad feeling too. Tough road game, and they've been walking a dangerous line lately.

My one hope is that if they go up early, THEY F'ING HOLD THE LEAD!

Comment

Steelers are 4-2 at home. We're 4-2 on the road. If you look at the matchups I think this game favor's us but its going to come down to execution. If we can pressure Roethlisberger and get our passing game going I think we should win. The Steelers are tied for 2nd last in INT but 2nd in sacks. Getting anything with our run game will be a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
              The Steelers are too good of a team to lose 6 straight. I have a bad feeling too. Tough road game, and they've been walking a dangerous line lately.
              This is how I feel. Lots of things make me nervous about this game. The Steelers have too much pride to lay down and die for the 6th straight week. They're at home. They might know our defense better than we do. This Packer team has lost some games where you would have expected them to bring their A game.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

I feel somewhat confident in the game, but I hope the Steelers actually have pride and won't go down lightly and try to win this game. I have the Packers winning, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers pulled this out.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                  I feel somewhat confident in the game, but I hope the Steelers actually have pride and won't go down lightly and try to win this game. I have the Packers winning, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers pulled this out.
                  No ambiguity in that post. Haha.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

I don't know, I've been feeling a statement game for the Packers all week. Going up against the Super Bowl champs in their house playing against a very similar defense, coming off a very close, hard fought win over a division rival, I could definately see a Packer blowout here.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I think we win this one. The Steelers have lost their mojo it seems, and we're really hot right now.
                      Rodgers should have a good day against their secondary, and I see our defense pressuring Ben and shutting down the run game.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston View Post
                        I don't know, I've been feeling a statement game for the Packers all week. Going up against the Super Bowl champs in their house playing against a very similar defense, coming off a very close, hard fought win over a division rival, I could definately see a Packer blowout here.
                        Since we basically copied their defense, I'm afraid they will pick it apart after seeing it in practice every day for years. Maybe our 2nd in the league yards allowed per game and high turnover rate was aided by surprise, other teams not having tape on the defense with our players, but Pittsburgh surely knows what to expect better than anyone else.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

If there was any doubt that Bush is terrible, he just erased it.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Defense needs to put pressure on Big Ben!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

OMG Really Crosby ?!?? THE RIGHT FREAKING HASH MARK YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE PRACTICING THIS ALL WEEK

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information