No announcement yet.

Playoffs!?! Packer-Cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been saying it all year(not on this thread) but when the packers get to the QB, they will most likely win the game. The same holds true for this game. We get to Warner we win; we let him sit back and chuck the ball around, it will be very close.

Comment

I'm done being hesitant...The past 8 weeks I've been Mr. Pessimist. Green Bay is the better team this week. They have been playing better for the past several weeks, they are healthier, and they have a better coach. The Pack go to AZ, and take care of the Cardinals by more than a touchdown. ...Dear God.

Comment

I fully expect every single "injured" Cardinal to play this week, and I'm not going to believe their not until the game starts and they're not in it. Ken Whisenhunt is an amateur.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

ZoMGZzzzzzzzz its Saturday! GaMe is only like 37 ishhh hours away!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

As it is playoff time I as a lions fan havn't had a vested interest in watching the games (other than pure love for the game) since the 90's Any Packer fan want to have a sig bet on the game?
            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
            oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston View Post
              I fully expect every single "injured" Cardinal to play this week, and I'm not going to believe their not until the game starts and they're not in it. Ken Whisenhunt is an amateur.
              I just heard an interesting statistic. The Cardinals are 5-1 in the past 2 seasons without Anquan Boldin in the lineup...So yeah if he doesn't play it's a great advantage for the Packers, but they are pretty deep at WR regardless and will come to play.

Comment

The more I think about this matchup the more I like it. I'm sure I'm over-analyzing and biased some but I wouldn't be a Packer fan if that weren't true. I spent a decent amount of time on this and packed in lots of stats so it's worth reading. Here's a breakdown:

Super bowl hangover. This might be more myth than fact, but the trend is impossible to ignore. Reasons unknown or unconfirmed, the teams that play in the super bowl (not named Patriots) seem to miss the playoffs or lose in the first round the next year.

GB passing game vs. ARI pass defense: This matchup just screams points and big plays for us. Their 23rd ranked pass D vs. our 7th ranked pass O. You've got to love our receivers vs. their secondary. We are very healthy in this area while the Cards have injuries to S Rolle and CB Rodgers-Cromartie. They are going to have a hard time finding answers for multiple receiver sets and Finley. Their pass rush is 6th in sacks which could definitely prove a problem for us, but they don't have any stud pass rushers, and starter Cambell (7 sacks) is playing with a club on his arm, so I don't see him being effective at pass rushing.

GB pass def vs. ARI pass game: Their passing game hasn't lived up to its reputation this year with a 12th ranking, while our D was ranked 5th. Without Boldin, we match up very well. We have a top corner in the league to counter a top receiver (Fitz vs. Woodson). Also take away Boldin who was a bigger part of their offense then people think - one of their biggest plays was a screen to Boldin that no one else on the team can run. Then they have some depth but even though our CBs have been bad past Williams we should do fine against their 3 and 4, Urban and Doucet, who have only 17 and 18 catches. Their OL hasn't given up many sacks (T-6th ranked) but they've let their QB get hit plenty (T-24th ranked). Their offensive line isn't going to be able to stonewall CM3 or the blitzes Capers brings. Warner is slow, easily rattled, and old with injury concerns. If Leinart is in the game it's over.

This game is going to be played through the air but I'll mention running matchups.
                Their 28th ranked rush O doesn't stand a chance against our 1st ranked rush D. Expect them to be one dimensional early and often.
                We have the edge on rush O with a 14th ranking vs. their 17th ranking. I'm not expecting us to run it much but we have the ability to keep the defense honest and run some play action.

Special teams coverage has been a huge weakness for us, but we've done well with it recently. I'm happy to say that this is the area of most concern for me against their 9th ranked KR unit.

I think I covered everything I wanted to. Statistically we should crush them. Realistally I'm confident about a win. We've crushed them twice in meaningless games and it would take a pretty drastic turnaround for them to win this one. They are hurting and we are maybe the healthiest we've been all year sans IR guys, not to mention the hot streak we've been on, it's going to be hard for them to fan the flames.
                Last edited by umphrey; 01-09-2010, 06:39 PM.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

With the Cowboys win, the winner of tomorrow's game goes to the Superdome. First things first....
                  Rock Jock

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox

Comment

I'm feeling a big win here. I can't envision them running on us at all and I see our secondary making a big play or two to stop their aerial attack.
                    Plus ARod and company will play lights out as per usual.

GO PACK GO!

Comment

The most (in)valuable player of the game will be Jeremy Bridges. He's going to force the Cards to keep in extra protection and with Boldin out, this should only help the secondary even more.

Predicition :: Packers 31, Cardinals 20

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt has preached to his players all week that he believed the Packers ran up the score on them during last week’s meaningless game to end the season. The Packers won 33-7 and also had a 28-0 halftime lead here during the preseason. Mike McCarthy told Whisenhunt of his intentions prior to the game, explaining that he simply wanted to play to win and play all his regulars while Whiz elected to rest most of his starters, particularly Warner.
                        Bit of a contradiction there, but hey, it's the Cardinals, they'll use this to flip the switch and make the Super Bowl again!

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Who did they rest? Warner after they were down 14 points? Antrel Rolle? Hell Fitzgerald played the entire game along with their offensive line. All that talk of how the Cardinals rested starters and played vanilla is getting pretty old. They took out a few starters and do people really think the Packers showed their gameplan either?

Comment

It has to be a motivational tool Wisenhunt is trying to use to make sure his players get up for today's game. It's a moot point, and I don't think it really matters in the end. Better team will win.

Comment

*Anquan Boldin is officially inactive

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...ldin-wont-play

Comment

Seems like alot of people are picking the Packers. I liked it better when we came in under the radar like 2 years ago.

I'd also rather be facing Boldin over Breaston. At least our backup CBs that were forced into action could keep Boldin in front of them.

If we can get to Warner on a consistant basis and run the ball I think we should pull this one out.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information