Mock Drafts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
    We all know TT's love affair with the Boise State program.

We have the Panthers 7th round pick for when we traded long snapper J.J. Jansen to them before the season.
    Didn't the packers get an extra pick from the Jets from some weird circumstance with the Brent Trade too?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Idk I just don't think it is he likes Boise St. as much as he liked the 2 players from there. Sorry bout that rant on Colledge I thought it would be related because of how against Colledge you been lately. You have made it pretty clear that your not a fan of him. No disrepect meant by it.

J-Mike, That draft up top would be incredible but ha I just don't see most of those guys hanging around that long. It is still too hard to tell but Cox, Kindle, and Spikes have a pretty good shot at making the first round. I could see Cox there at 36, Spikes is a little harder because he is the best ILB and some team might try to snatch him up before 50 and Kindle, I think he is pretty much a lock in the first round even though he is a little over-rated. If he tests out the way he is projected to some team will snatch him.

I really like the Veldheer pick and Roll pick also but I think both will move up more. As for Freddie Barnes..... awesome pick! I think he'd be a great 5 WR. The guy may not be the fastest but is a possession WR you need in the West Coast Offense and he has hands a gold which we always could use. James Sparks is a guy I think is a lot like Ryan Grant. He has the same type of running style from what I've seen and make up. Could be a good back but he doesn't have that homerun or power style to go with Grant.

What do you guys think of Ryan Matthews if he is there in the 2nd? He'd be good in the ZBS and has a pretty good blend of speed and power. I still like McCluster or Blount though. Has anyone noticed that Dwyer kind of runs funny? It seems like he runs really flat footed or something? IDK it catches my eye everytime I see it.
      Last edited by RyanBraun8; 02-18-2010, 02:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
        Didn't the packers get an extra pick from the Jets from some weird circumstance with the Brent Trade too?
        http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/52320032.html

Yeah but he get it back, it was supose to go to the Jets in the trade.

Comment

• From ESPN2 this morning, Kiper thinks, between #22-#24:

#22- New England Patriots: Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan
          If production were all that mattered, Graham would be long gone by now. He led the FBS in tackles for loss and showed why at the Senior Bowl. Always in the backfield, he's an ideal outside linebacker for the Patriots' system, a terror against both the run and the pass.

#23- Green Bay Packers: Bryan Bulaga*, OT, Iowa
          The more you listen to Green Bay's people, the more you get the sense that keeping Aaron Rodgers upright is a major priority, and it should be, because seeing an MVP-level talent knocked out because of a lack of protection is a sad thought. Bulaga can help immediately, and he has room to grow.

#24- Philadelphia Eagles: Taylor Mays, S, USC
          The Eagles are looking for that heir to Brian Dawkins, a physical safety who can scare opposing receivers and contribute to the rush defense. Mays has everything you could ask for as a physical package. He had a bad season, and there are legit concerns, but Mays still reeks of top-level NFL athleticism. He just needs to put it together.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
            From ESPN2 this morning, Kiper thinks, between #22-#24:

#22- New England Patriots: Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan
            If production were all that mattered, Graham would be long gone by now. He led the FBS in tackles for loss and showed why at the Senior Bowl. Always in the backfield, he's an ideal outside linebacker for the Patriots' system, a terror against both the run and the pass.

#23- Green Bay Packers: Bryan Bulaga*, OT, Iowa
            The more you listen to Green Bay's people, the more you get the sense that keeping Aaron Rodgers upright is a major priority, and it should be, because seeing an MVP-level talent knocked out because of a lack of protection is a sad thought. Bulaga can help immediately, and he has room to grow.

#24- Philadelphia Eagles: Taylor Mays, S, USC
            The Eagles are looking for that heir to Brian Dawkins, a physical safety who can scare opposing receivers and contribute to the rush defense. Mays has everything you could ask for as a physical package. He had a bad season, and there are legit concerns, but Mays still reeks of top-level NFL athleticism. He just needs to put it together.
            If those three are around when we pick, I would be so so happy. Honestly, if Bulaga makes it to pick 17 or 18, TT should pull the plug and trade up. Bulaga will start instantly, and I believe, he will end up being the best OT in the draft. If there is not a run on OT's in the top 10, I think this is possible. However, anytime there are good OT's they usually are selected pretty early.

Comment

• Who's in Big Ten country and pays attention to games other than just the Baidgers?

I thought I read that Graham had his way with Bulaga, but A) I could be mistaken and B) someone could have written something bogus. I'd like to see film of their game(s) against each other and see.

Comment

Who's in Big Ten country and pays attention to games other than just the Baidgers?

I thought I read that Graham had his way with Bulaga, but A) I could be mistaken and B) someone could have written something bogus. I'd like to see film of their game(s) against each other and see.
                Born and raised in WI but a huge Hawkeye fan...Dad is from Iowa. I like the badgers though too, but if they were playing each other I would be rooting for the Hawks.

Bulaga got owned by Graham; however, he was just coming off of his thyroid condition (don't know much about it, whether it is still a serious issue) I remember reading somewhere that he lost 20+ pounds.

All i know is, outside of one bull rush, Bulaga owned Derrick Morgan, another legit 1st rounder.
                Last edited by bigboiajhawk; 02-18-2010, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Who's in Big Ten country and pays attention to games other than just the Baidgers?

Graham dominated against Bulaga in that game. I'm not sure where Bulaga's health was at that point though.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• The thyroid problem kind of scares because it doesn't just go away, you can manage it but if you slip up on medication or diet it can cause some problems. But with that said Garrard has played though chrones disease and Cutler with diabities so those things can be managed.

Bulaga wasn't 100% but even healthy I think it would be a pretty hard match up for him.
                    Last edited by RyanBraun8; 02-18-2010, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=RyanBraun8;2021900]The thyroid problem kind of scares because it doesn't just go away, you can manage it but if you slip up on medication or diet it can cause some problems. But with that said Garrard has played though chrones disease and Cutler with diabities so those things can be managed.

Bulaga wasn't 100% but even healthy I think it would be a pretty hard match up for him.[/QUOTE]

Graham presents a pretty dificult match up for almost all OT's. That is why whatever team selects him, including the Packers, will have a stud no matter what position he plays.

Like I said earlier, if the Packers are in a position where Bulaga, Graham, and Mays are all there, I would be loving it, that is if TT selected one of them.

Okay question of the day...If Bulaga, Graham, and Mays are all available at 23, who do you select?

I say Bulaga, because of the immediate need at OT now and in the future. Although this is very difficult because Graham is so dominant.

Comment

• Originally posted by RyanBraun8 View Post
                        The thyroid problem kind of scares because it doesn't just go away, you can manage it but if you slip up on medication or diet it can cause some problems. But with that said Garrard has played though chrones disease and Cutler with diabities so those things can be managed.

Bulaga wasn't 100% but even healthy I think it would be a pretty hard match up for him.
                        I don't know much about the condition but you have to assume an NFL player is going to get top notch medical care. The coaches will have someone call him 4 times a day to remind him to take a pill if that is what it takes to keep him ready for game day.

02/16/2010 - PRO POTENTIAL: LT Bryan Bulaga projects as a first-round pick despite a thyroid condition that forced him in and out of the lineup this season. Scouts love his 6-foot-6 frame and his run-blocking ability, although Bulaga was thoroughly handled by Michigan's speedy DE Brandon Graham during the season. The thyroid condition will certainly be examined by NFL doctors, but Bulaga rates as one of the best tackles available.
                        01/07/2010
                        - Iowa junior offensive lineman Bryan Bulaga says he's foregoing his final season of eligibility to enter the NFL Draft. Bulaga is a 6-foot-5, 315-pound tackle from Crystal Lake, Ill., and is widely viewed as a potential first-round pick. Bulaga was the Big Ten's 2009 offensive lineman of the year despite missing three games with a thyroid condition. Bulaga says in a release sent out by the school Wednesday night that his illness made him realize how important football is to him and how quickly it can be taken away. Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz says he appreciates Bulaga's contributions to the program and wishes him well. The 10th-ranked Hawkeyes finished 11-2 and beat Georgia Tech 24-14 in the Orange Bowl Tuesday night. - AP Sports
                        -Sheds some light on the Brandon Graham comments
                        -Makes it sound like the thyroid condition has some positives (not the disease, but the maturity Bryan shows in living with it)
                        Last edited by umphrey; 02-18-2010, 05:04 PM.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• 02/16/2010 - PRO POTENTIAL: LT Bryan Bulaga projects as a first-round pick despite a thyroid condition that forced him in and out of the lineup this season. Scouts love his 6-foot-6 frame and his run-blocking ability, although Bulaga was thoroughly handled by Michigan's speedy DE Brandon Graham during the season. The thyroid condition will certainly be examined by NFL doctors, but Bulaga rates as one of the best tackles available.
                          01/07/2010 - Iowa junior offensive lineman Bryan Bulaga says he's foregoing his final season of eligibility to enter the NFL Draft. Bulaga is a 6-foot-5, 315-pound tackle from Crystal Lake, Ill., and is widely viewed as a potential first-round pick.
                          Wow, he went from 6-5 to 6-6 in 5 weeks?

I think taking Bulaga over Graham would be a big mistake. Not as bad as taking Mandarich over Derrick Thomas in 1989, but still a mistake that down the road, fans will be asking "how could they take the overrated blocker over the special sack machine".

But, let's be honest here; the chances of both of them being on board at pick #23 is between slim & none.

Comment

Wow, he went from 6-5 to 6-6 in 5 weeks?

I think taking Bulaga over Graham would be a big mistake. Not as bad as taking Mandarich over Derrick Thomas in 1989, but still a mistake that down the road, fans will be asking "how could they take the overrated blocker over the special sack machine".

But, let's be honest here; the chances of both of them being on board at pick #23 is between slim & none.
                            ughh Mandrich.... to think we could of had Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas, or Dion Sanders even though he had it clear we would not play in GB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPwhAMD1He8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0insrWWjvPo

Some nice vids on Tony... if anyone is interested

I'd also go with Graham,I reallythink we need another impact OLB and unless Jones packs on 15 pounds of pure muscal and can be much more aggressive, not sure sure we will be the answer. At least on offense hopefully we will have Clifton back and LT isn't do or die

Comment

• First ever on here I think?
                              Free agency:

Chris Gocong.

Round 1. pick 23. New Orleans sees Sean Weatherspoon and trades up for him. Packers get an extra 3rd rounder in the process. Could probably get more, but I wanted to keep it a simple trade.

Round 1 pick 32( from NO). Kyle Wilson CB Boise state. The secondary needs to be upgraded. We saw this from the Pitt, Minny, and Cardinals games. He also has some return value too. I wouldn't be surprised if TT took him at 23.

Round 2 Ryan Mathews RB Fresno state. Could be BPA at this pick. Grant, Jackson, and Mathews will give MM and co one heck of a backfield to work with.

Round 3a Rodger Saffold LT Indiana
                              Guy to groom behind Cliffy.

Round 3b. Eric Decker, WR Minnesoooooota. Special player, durability causes him to drop a wee bit.

4. Darell Stuckey, SS Kansas. Saftey depth is a must.

Round 5. Tony Moeaki TE Iowa. He Gives Rodgers yet another passing target to work with aside Finley and duct tape.

Round 6 Hall Davis DE Louisiana Lafayette. Small school gem of Ted's( took it from you PF).

round 7. Zoltan Mesko P Michigan. Kapinos is no bueno.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Not bad but Saffold projects to guard, not tackle

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information