Packer Rumors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packer Rumors

I thought it would be appropriate to have a thread just for this so everyone can post up rumors they read.

Ill kick it off with arrigos daily read.

The Packers are working on a deal with FB Justin Griffith and it looks like he will be a Packer by Monday morning. I was told Griffith REALLY liked the facilities and thinks he can help the Packers do some good things.

The Packers would indeed have interest in Ruben Droughns when he gets released by the Browns later in the week.

Look for the Packers to address their running back and tight end issues in the draft. They don't have to much interest in Jeremy Stephens and feel this they can get a solid tight end during the draft. A player that people should keep an eye on is Ben Patrick out of Delaware.

The Packers are trying to get RB Dominic Rhodes in for a visit from what I learned.

I was told by a good source that the Packers front office is indeed looking to trade up for a running back, and feel they have a good shot in doing so, but if not look for a play maker to be taken at the #16 spot that would have an impact right away in some capacity.

Tory James was in Green Bay yesterday and may be the Packers nickle back next season because things went well. He would upgrade a secondary that has two of the best man on man CB's in Al Harris and Charles Woodson.

The Packers have not the Seahawks about Darrell Jackson, and I have been told, don't plan to.

Still no movement on the Randy Moss trade front between the Raiders, Packers and Jags (the ONLY 3 teams that are seriously considering a move.

I was told the Packers may be considering a deal that would land them BOTH the Patriots 1st round picks, by swapping the #16 pick with them.

There are a few Safety's the Packers really like LSU's LaRon Landry, Reggie Nelson, Jason Wendling, Eric Weddle, Sabby Piscitelli and Tanard Jackson (who can also play CB).

Originally posted by CraigNall4MVP
    biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver

I wouldn't be totally opposed to the trade of our 1st rounder for both of NE's 1st rounders. We would get the better value out of that deal, of course it would most likely cost us Lynch or Landry but we could still address safety and TE in the 1st and then maybe get a 2nd round RB (though none really stand out to me). GB would have to give up their 1st & 2nd for NE's two 1st rounders and their 6th rounder to make the trade even. But then again the team moving up generally takes the hit when it comes to value. Honestly I'd rather they stay put and take Lynch or Landry, but if they both are gone then I'd take the trade.
    Originally posted by njx9
    i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Originally posted by cuzifelt1ikeit View Post
      I thought it would be appropriate to have a thread just for this so everyone can post up rumors they read.

Ill kick it off with arrigos daily read.

The Packers are working on a deal with FB Justin Griffith and it looks like he will be a Packer by Monday morning. I was told Griffith REALLY liked the facilities and thinks he can help the Packers do some good things.

The Packers would indeed have interest in Ruben Droughns when he gets released by the Browns later in the week.

Look for the Packers to address their running back and tight end issues in the draft. They don't have to much interest in Jeremy Stephens and feel this they can get a solid tight end during the draft. A player that people should keep an eye on is Ben Patrick out of Delaware.

The Packers are trying to get RB Dominic Rhodes in for a visit from what I learned.

I was told by a good source that the Packers front office is indeed looking to trade up for a running back, and feel they have a good shot in doing so, but if not look for a play maker to be taken at the #16 spot that would have an impact right away in some capacity.

Tory James was in Green Bay yesterday and may be the Packers nickle back next season because things went well. He would upgrade a secondary that has two of the best man on man CB's in Al Harris and Charles Woodson.

The Packers have not the Seahawks about Darrell Jackson, and I have been told, don't plan to.

Still no movement on the Randy Moss trade front between the Raiders, Packers and Jags (the ONLY 3 teams that are seriously considering a move.

I was told the Packers may be considering a deal that would land them BOTH the Patriots 1st round picks, by swapping the #16 pick with them.

There are a few Safety's the Packers really like LSU's LaRon Landry, Reggie Nelson, Jason Wendling, Eric Weddle, Sabby Piscitelli and Tanard Jackson (who can also play CB).
      I would have no problem at all with the Pack trading down for BOTH of New England's 1st rounders...we could potentially pick up 2 immediate starters right off the bat with the depth in this draft.

By the way, where EXACTLY is Arrigo's Daily Read? I've searched and searched but can't seem to find the website

Comment

oh its actually his "From The Sidelines" or something. his website is www.warroomdraftguide.com or something. he mostly posts on packerchatters.com however

griffith is signed by the raiders btw

if we trade down with the pats id like to see griffin and jarret/ginn picked

Originally posted by CraigNall4MVP
        biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver

Comment

Originally posted by PackAttack View Post
          I would have no problem at all with the Pack trading down for BOTH of New England's 1st rounders...we could potentially pick up 2 immediate starters right off the bat with the depth in this draft.

By the way, where EXACTLY is Arrigo's Daily Read? I've searched and searched but can't seem to find the website
          isn't it on packerchatters?

Comment

i'm disappointed in TT. Griffith got a 3 year deal worth 3.8 mil. This would have been a BARGAIN. Not to mention Griffith might have came to GB for less money but TT wasn't active enough. This ticks me off.
            Check out my brand new national sports blog!

http://www.wisconsin-sports.com/

Comment

im never going to read Arrigo "rumors" again. He just full of s**t.

Comment

Rhodes signed with Oak but I haven't seen anything about Griffith signing.

Comment

Its on KFFL.com
                  Check out my brand new national sports blog!

http://www.wisconsin-sports.com/

Comment

Crap. I was really hoping we would sign him. Oh well, I have faith in TT. He hasn't steered us wrong yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravedigger42 View Post
                      Crap. I was really hoping we would sign him. Oh well, I have faith in TT. He hasn't steered us wrong yet.
                      I guess if you don't count going from 10-6 to 4-12.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodgers and Lynch_07 View Post
                        i'm disappointed in TT. Griffith got a 3 year deal worth 3.8 mil. This would have been a BARGAIN. Not to mention Griffith might have came to GB for less money but TT wasn't active enough. This ticks me off.
                        Why would he come to Green Bay for less money? Yes the Raiders aren't a very good team, but the Packers aren't the Superbowl contendors that some of you are making them out to be.

Not to mention that Green Bay has difficulty drawing people to an area where there is little to do. I personally love the Midwest, but I'm not a big baller either.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                          Why would he come to Green Bay for less money? Yes the Raiders aren't a very good team, but the Packers aren't the Superbowl contendors that some of you are making them out to be.

Not to mention that Green Bay has difficulty drawing people to an area where there is little to do. I personally love the Midwest, but I'm not a big baller either.
                          I have no clue as to why he would play here for less, it seems illogical to me. Here's what I wrote in the Griffith thread:

How do you know TT didn't offer him more than Oakland? Maybe he just didn't want to be in GB. I hate that everybody just always assumes that TT low balled them. I'm sorry but GB just isn't that big of a draw, if I could live there or in California I'd def choose Cali if the monies are pretty similar. TT proved last year that he'll pay players by offering Woodson and Arrington both huge contracts. Arrington chose to play for less just so he could be in NY.
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
                            I have no clue as to why he would play here for less, it seems illogical to me. Here's what I wrote in the Griffith thread:

How do you know TT didn't offer him more than Oakland? Maybe he just didn't want to be in GB. I hate that everybody just always assumes that TT low balled them. I'm sorry but GB just isn't that big of a draw, if I could live there or in California I'd def choose Cali if the monies are pretty similar. TT proved last year that he'll pay players by offering Woodson and Arrington both huge contracts. Arrington chose to play for less just so he could be in NY.
                            Speaking of Arrington I wouldnt mind taking him as a situational player.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

In response to the record thing. You can thank Sherman for that with all his overpriced free agent signings and cap space mess that TT had to clean up before he could start building a wnning team again. I know this isn't the thread to get into it but since you brought it up. If Sherman wouldn't have signed guys like Hunt and Johnson and made the worst draft picks in Packer history other than Mandrich, TT might've been able to keep those OL's that everyone gives him so much crap for letting go. Sherman was riding his predecessors team to good records while he was managing the future of the team into a downward spiral. TT has cleaned that up and in a short two years got the Pack back to being competitive.

Sorry about being off-toic so thats all I'll say regarding the issue in this theread.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information