Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Rodgers

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs...703100523/1989

I've got to say I'm really impressed by how well Aaron is handling things (i.e. another year on the bench). He seems to be a good guy and has a real good head on his shoulders. I'm getting really anxious to see how he actually handles himself on the field though. I'm not ready to give up on him and trade him away like alot of people seemingly are. Hopefully these years backing up Brett really help him when he gets his chance.
    Originally posted by njx9
    i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

I can only hope he'll be starting next year. I don't like the fact that our 1st round pick won't have contributed *at all* to the team until his fourth year.

Comment

It is somewhat mystifying to me that for the 2nd year, there have been rumors that the Packers are willing to shop Rodgers. While I was never a big fan of Rodgers, there was, undoubtedly, tools there to develop and work with, and the kid hasn't had a chance to prove anything yet. One possibility that I keep thinking about is that maybe Favre has secretly given an indication to the Packers that he'll play for a couple more years, meaning that the Packers might want to get value for Rodgers and draft another guy to mold (or mold Ingle Martin). I'm probably reaching in that theory, though.

It's a tough situation for Rodgers, as he is probably itching to play, but making any waves will make him seem like a malcontent, which isn't a good thing to do until you've gotten an opportunity. Honestly, if the Packers can get a good return for Rodgers, it might be tempting to pull the trigger on a deal and draft a QB to develop (say, a Kevin Kolb, who they are rumored to like).

Comment

Say Drew Stanton.
        I dont believe that Rodgers wont become a great QB, but I just feel that winning one for Favre is more important and I believe that there will be many good FA's next year and his year is good QB class

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
          Say Drew Stanton.
          I dont believe that Rodgers wont become a great QB, but I just feel that winning one for Favre is more important and I believe that there will be many good FA's next year and his year is good QB class
          Drew Stanton :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Wow don't give up on the guy yet ! Just cause he hasnt produced a single win yet... he also hasnt started a game yet. Being a Baltimore fan I know the trials of going through a 1st round QB that hasnt yet produced... but look at it this way. He is not going to be an overnight sensation like Peyton or Brady, Brett didnt play his first year and he wasnt even picked by Green Bay. He has a lot of things other QB's don't... the chance to sit and learn how to win behind the greatest QB of all time ! Don't go and draft another QB to develop.. draft tools and talent to put around him to make him great once he gets his shot. The NFL is not stupid... yes they make bad choices once in awhile but this guy was a potential 1st pick in the draft !!!!

Comment

He said he wanted to play his whole career in GB. Why not keep him aroud?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by ny10804 View Post
                I can only hope he'll be starting next year. I don't like the fact that our 1st round pick won't have contributed *at all* to the team until his fourth year.
                i dont i hope favre comes back :)

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                  He said he wanted to play his whole career in GB. Why not keep him aroud?
                  He'll be around

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Anyone know where to find some good Aaron Rodgers video?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

Comment

I still have faith that Rodgers will be our franchise QB. I don't see how some people have lost faith after he hasn't gotten much playing time at all.

EDIT: Oh, didn't realize this was really old.
                      Last edited by jackalope; 05-16-2007, 09:44 PM.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Wow where'd this thread come from.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                          Wow where'd this thread come from.
                          ME, I want some video of rodgers and I cannot find it anywhere.

they get smoked.

Comment

Originally posted by jackalope View Post
                            I still have faith that Rodgers will be our franchise QB. I don't see how some people have lost faith after he hasn't gotten much playing time at all.
                            I'm with you

Originally posted by princefielder28
                            Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate

Comment

It should also be noted that Aaron Rodgers is still extremely young. He's only 23 years old. That is younger than some rookie quarterbacks who are entering the league.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information