No announcement yet.

Cast your vote here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went with Bulaga, in the mock draft I have put together Bulaga is the best available OT at that pick, and we can address CB and OLB later in the draft.

Comment

How are our special teams?
      I just read this, and immediately thought of.... us. Sounds like a good fit for us, and we all know with Clay being grabbed last year (and Harrell at 16), TT is not afraid to take his guy whenever he has to.

On DEVIN McCOURTY:
      "He might be the best special-teams value in the draft in addition to being a potential starting corner," NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock said. "He’s a gunner and a jammer, and he’s a return guy.
      I think he could fit in quickly in the nickel package. He’s a very, very physical defensive back. Most people have him going in the second round, but he could be a legitimate late first-round pick."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...rs_html-201041

Comment

McCourty has a tendency to give up the big play and considering he played in the Big East, that does worry me a bit. He has the size and speed and style of paly to be a great player, but I have to admit that the few times I watched Rutgers this year, I wasn't blown away by anything he did to warrant a first round grade. I'd have no problem taking him in round two but I don't like the idea of him at 23.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
          McCourty has a tendency to give up the big play and considering he played in the Big East, that does worry me a bit.
          That's not a good habit to have as a cornerback.
          And we already have 1 corner who has this trait.

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
            Yeah, that's true. Mays' skillset is a lot like Aaron Rouse and Rouse never found a home in our defence. Mays is better but the comparison fits well I think.
            What do you think of Troy Polamalu? He had equivalent stats to Taylor Mays while at USC, and he blew up in the pros in the Steelers' 3-4. I've watched Mays as a four-yer starter, 4-time all American, 3 time 1st team, and this seems to me that due to the length someone stays in school people start to try to focus on perceived faults that a player with less tape and time. Taylor Mays and Aaron Rouse have nothing in common other than height and weight.
            The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

Originally posted by johbur View Post
              What do you think of Troy Polamalu? He had equivalent stats to Taylor Mays while at USC, and he blew up in the pros in the Steelers' 3-4. I've watched Mays as a four-yer starter, 4-time all American, 3 time 1st team, and this seems to me that due to the length someone stays in school people start to try to focus on perceived faults that a player with less tape and time. Taylor Mays and Aaron Rouse have nothing in common other than height and weight.
              We don't use our safties like the Steelers do though. We keep both guys back in coverage and if anybody is allowed to roam its Nick Collins.

Comment

Originally posted by johbur View Post
                Well if we end up with Mays, I will sure hope that.
                But I have been saying for the past few years that Polamalu is the most valuble player on the NFL, on defense. And I think we saw that last year when he was injured. That defense was a shell of its normal self without him.

The guy is all over the field.... covering guys, making big time Ints, somehow in the backfield on 3rd & short run stops, etc.... guy has more quickness, hustle and shows more heart than anyone, although Matthews is right there with him.

Mays doesn't seem quick at all. I don't see the hustle or relentlessness TP43 shows... or is it that long hair flowing all over that makes Polamalu look so quick?????

Comment

I might be alone on this one (actually I am as per the poll results) but im a Kindle guy all the way. There were games last year where the opposition's QB just toyed with our D and it wasnt even funny. Teams would gang up on Matthews and Jenkins and their work was done for the day. The QB had all day to throw and it was often in a clean pocket. I dont care if you have Ed Reed, Revis and Woodson covering back there cause you cant win like that.

From what i saw on tape, Kindle is more on the brute force/physical side than Matthews and hes one heck of an athlete. He can stuff the run and he has a great motor. On passing downs you can shift him inside, bring B. Jones in and have yourself one athletic crazy pass rush while sending Woodson and Collins to another pro bowl with all that pressure. To me, thats what the 3-4 defense is all about.

Dont know if he will be available but if he is its a no brainer to me. Get your Tackle in the 2nd, SS in the 3rd and you have yourself a succesful draft imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Favre4ever View Post
                    I might be alone on this one (actually I am as per the poll results) but im a Kindle guy all the way. There were games last year where the opposition's QB just toyed with our D and it wasnt even funny. Teams would gang up on Matthews and Jenkins and their work was done for the day. The QB had all day to throw and it was often in a clean pocket. I dont care if you have Ed Reed, Revis and Woodson covering back there cause you cant win like that.

From what i saw on tape, Kindle is more on the brute force/physical side than Matthews and hes one heck of an athlete. He can stuff the run and he has a great motor. On passing downs you can shift him inside, bring B. Jones in and have yourself one athletic crazy pass rush while sending Woodson and Collins to another pro bowl with all that pressure. To me, thats what the 3-4 defense is all about.

Dont know if he will be available but if he is its a no brainer to me. Get your Tackle in the 2nd, SS in the 3rd and you have yourself a succesful draft imo.
                    I like Kindle as well. I think he's built for the 3-4 and the experience he got at OLB and DE is invaluable for a transition to playing in the 3-4. I can't see him falling to #23 though.

Comment

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                      I like Kindle as well. I think he's built for the 3-4 and the experience he got at OLB and DE is invaluable for a transition to playing in the 3-4. I can't see him falling to #23 though.
                      This poll turned out to be very interesting in the end. Bulaga (Bryan with a Y not an I) was the clear winner here way back.

And all these guys except I think Graham, Davis, and Iupati WERE available at our pick, and Kindle was available for a long time due to the knee worries that all of a sudden popped up. I still would have loved Sergio in round 2. He looked just fine the last time he played, in the BCS vs Bama.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information