Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question from a Jets fan...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
    There have been rumors that if one of the Packers targets isn't there at 16 they have a trade worked out with NE to trade #16 for #24 & 28 (with probably a few more picks being exchanged between the two teams to even things out). Of course, this is also contingent on one of NE's targets still being on the board at 16. IDK though, it's pretty much just speculation at this point. GB has also been rumored to be in trade talks with Washington about their #1 pick, but it's not TT's style to trade up.

    Personally, if Lynch and Landry are both off the board I'd be all for trading back.
    I'd be all for trading down, or up if and only if peterson is there

    Originally posted by princefielder28
    Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate

    Comment


    • #17
      If they are off the board though, what do the Packers plan to do with their RB situation? stick with what they got, trade, 2nd round RB perhaps?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by JK17 View Post
        If they are off the board though, what do the Packers plan to do with their RB situation? stick with what they got, trade, 2nd round RB perhaps?
        ^
        ^^
        ^^^
        ^^^^
        ^^^^^


        Comment


        • #19
          The Broncos ave proved over the years you don't need a superstar in the ZBS. Any running back who can make one cut and run down hill well can have a good season. There's no reason to think a second, third, or even a late round running back can't have success.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Empire View Post
            The Broncos ave proved over the years you don't need a superstar in the ZBS. Any running back who can make one cut and run down hill well can have a good season. There's no reason to think a second, third, or even a late round running back can't have success.
            That's definitely true!


            Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

            Comment


            • #21
              why not just grab Chris Henry in the 4th then?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
                why not just grab Chris Henry in the 4th then?
                I would prefer Henry, but the only thing I question with him is his running vision becuase all the other physical skills are there.


                Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
                  why not just grab Chris Henry in the 4th then?
                  Henry's numbers aren't all that great. His 10 and short shuttle were mediocre. Aka big play threat who will get stopped behind the line often.

                  If you are going to draft a guy in the mid rounds based on numbers, Antonio Pittman should be your choice for overall numbers.


                  Comment


                  • #24
                    At #16 their are plenty of good players available that would fill needs for the packers. S is an option depending on how the draft goes. Look what buffalo did last year though, who knew? So inevitably there will be some players falling out of the top ten and some rated in the #20-#30 going way up the board. I think there is a very good chance that Lynch is gone by #16.

                    With that in mind, I see WR as a really good option (w/o moss trade); S could be probable if nelson is available; I don't think the Pack will draft another TE in the first round with Bubba still on the books...that would mean 6-8million cap space for TE's; One of the DT's could fall a couple of spots and really solidify our front four.

                    Of course this all depends on how the GB scouting team assesses the players. We just assume they grade them the same as the media draft boards have them.
                    USS New Hampshire SSN 778

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by NAVY View Post
                      At #16 their are plenty of good players available that would fill needs for the packers. S is an option depending on how the draft goes. Look what buffalo did last year though, who knew? So inevitably there will be some players falling out of the top ten and some rated in the #20-#30 going way up the board. I think there is a very good chance that Lynch is gone by #16.

                      With that in mind, I see WR as a really good option (w/o moss trade); S could be probable if nelson is available; I don't think the Pack will draft another TE in the first round with Bubba still on the books...that would mean 6-8million cap space for TE's; One of the DT's could fall a couple of spots and really solidify our front four.

                      Of course this all depends on how the GB scouting team assesses the players. We just assume they grade them the same as the media draft boards have them.

                      If Olsen and Lynch are gone the Packers should trade down; easy as that


                      Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                        If Olsen and Lynch are gone the Packers should trade down; easy as that
                        I heard a rumor that the Pats and Packers were trying to swap picks. The Pats 2 1st rounders for the 16th pick. I think Joe Arrigo reported that. Did anyone else see that? It was maybe a week ago.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by ds8582 View Post
                          I heard a rumor that the Pats and Packers were trying to swap picks. The Pats 2 1st rounders for the 16th pick. I think Joe Arrigo reported that. Did anyone else see that? It was maybe a week ago.
                          I would welcome that deal 100%! :)


                          Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            If Lynch, Peterson, and Landry are gone then I think the Pack target Olsen, Nelson, Hall in that order. If all these players are gone I think Griffin or Houston. This is all of course not including trades, which is too hard to predict.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by packer_pat_4 View Post
                              If Lynch, Peterson, and Landry are gone then I think the Pack target Olsen, Nelson, Hall in that order. If all these players are gone I think Griffin or Houston. This is all of course not including trades, which is too hard to predict.
                              The 1st 3 in my opinion will be gone by the time the Packers pick and the only player from that 2nd bunch that they take with pick 16 would be Greg Olsen otherwise they trade down for more picks and take someone of more value to them.


                              Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by packer_pat_4 View Post
                                If Lynch, Peterson, and Landry are gone then I think the Pack target Olsen, Nelson, Hall in that order. If all these players are gone I think Griffin or Houston. This is all of course not including trades, which is too hard to predict.
                                I think Nelson is more deserving of the 16th pick than olson is

                                Originally posted by princefielder28
                                Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information