Off Topic Packer Fan Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JF4 View Post
    I have seen that you are a good old Sarnia boy but go to school at that shithole Macmaster. I have a few good buddies who go to Guelph with me from Sarnia and we sometimes chirp them about it. Not exactly sure why cause it seems like a nice place, but its an easy target. As for Macmaster, I just dislike the city of Hamilton and its residents in general. You guys did lay a whooping on our football team at Guelph this year, do you follow Mac football?

My hometown is Ottawa and my first memory of football is watching TO catch that pass against GB in the playoffs back in 97 I think it was. Not sure why this drew me too GB but I guess it was Favre's aura that made me like the Pack.

Interesting connection I have with packers is my good friends uncle is the equipment manager for the Packers and he goes and helps with TC every year and he has brought me back a couple of items, like a signed Favre pic which I used to whack off too, but no longer.

Saw the Packers play once against the Jets in NY but still waiting to cross off Lambeau on my things to do in life list.
    Sarnia is an interesting city. Great location, on the border, lake, bridges, great scenery...but on the other side is chemical valley haha, so you get the good with the bad. There's also not much to do here as far as people our age goes...its a town filled with a lot of older people, so it gets ripped on a lot, but all in all its not that bad.
    I understand your dislike of Hamilton. I went to Mac because my siblings went here as well, and I knew the area. The city is pretty gross for the most part and its filled with a bunch of weirdos. Downtown is awful. Crazies all over the place, the stores are crap, and there's always a nasty smell in the air. Up the mountain is nice though, and the student area around campus is as well. Other than that, its a **** hole.
    I follow Mac football a little. I used to live in residence with a guy named Ryan who won the Ontario Defensive rookie of the year in 07 as our ILB. He's actually really good but I think he's been sidelined by injuries lately. If he kept improving I thought he had a future in football.

Crazy you hang with Sarnians though haha, small world eh?
    My first memory of the Packers is the NFC Championship game before Super Bowl XXXI. I took a liking to the Pack because of the whole Favre aura, they were doing well those years obviously, and my dad as a Lions fan disliking them drew me closer for whatever reason. Im now full on obsessed. I wont let my kids get away though like my dad did haha....my babies will be born with cheeseheads.

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
      Good News, Everyone!

Futurama's coming back! In less than a month!!!!!!
      Hahaha I liked that show back in the day. Then it just disapeared like Family Guy. I wonder if the voices will be the same or not.

Comment

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
        Hahaha I liked that show back in the day. Then it just disapeared like Family Guy. I wonder if the voices will be the same or not.
        They had a big contract dispute about it, almost canceled the comeback, but I'm pretty sure the original actors are all back.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

They had a big contract dispute about it, almost canceled the comeback, but I'm pretty sure the original actors are all back.
          I can't even describe how excited I am for Futurama to return. Not many shows can make me laugh hysterically and just as quickly make me depressed the way this one does. Who knew a cartoon could be so deep? Can't wait!

*Luck of the Fryish and Jurassic Bark are 2 of the best*
          Last edited by Whistler6; 05-06-2010, 10:30 PM.

Comment

I have all 4 seasons on an external HDD. My favorite is the episode where they conquer the spider planet and steal their silk so everyone on earth gets a $300 dollar bonus - Fry decides to buy 100 cups of coffee and the best part is the end when he finally downs the last cup while the building goes down in flames, he hits the zen of caffiene overload and calmly at 500 mph saves everyone.

"What happened?" "I don't know, we were saved by some mysterious orange blur!"

"You look tired Fry, maybe you should get some sleep" "I CAN'T SLEEP. I'M TOO BUSY THINKING ABOUT COFFEE!!!"

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Made another new sig. Too big? I'm thinking about chopping off the bottom 50 pixels or so.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

I have all 4 seasons on an external HDD. My favorite is the episode where they conquer the spider planet and steal their silk so everyone on earth gets a $300 dollar bonus - Fry decides to buy 100 cups of coffee and the best part is the end when he finally downs the last cup while the building goes down in flames, he hits the zen of caffiene overload and calmly at 500 mph saves everyone.

"What happened?" "I don't know, we were saved by some mysterious orange blur!"

"You look tired Fry, maybe you should get some sleep" "I CAN'T SLEEP. I'M TOO BUSY THINKING ABOUT COFFEE!!!"
                Haha, I actually blame Fry for my addiction to coffee. That's a great episode.

I'm digging the sig. It might be a bit on the large side for Vikings fans, but I can't get enough Matthews' highlights. So it fits perfectly!
                Last edited by Whistler6; 05-10-2010, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Small world. So you're familiar where Cherry Hill is? That's awesome.

Me and couple buddies tried to get a shore house for a week in Long Beach Island. We lasted 22 hours before getting the pink slip. We didn't do our research in terms of surrounding atmosphere and jumped on the price. We were too loud for the area. I wish I could contest the complaints but we're lucky we just got evicted and didn't get charged with anything. A bunch of 19-20 year olds with a house full of booze could have fetched us a couple citations each when parlayed with the noise complaints.
                  Yeah I know exactly where Cherry Hill is. When I went out there this past summer, we actually went closer to Atlantic City and the boardwalk there. It was closer to my Ma's family. We actually made our way to Hoboken NJ as well, and got a look at the Cakes Boss's shop. Kinda interesting, but wayyy too expensive. Good times.

22 hours before the eviction notice? Man, not even a couple of warnings...I guess the underage thing could have had something to do with it. Oh well, you live and learn right? I'm going to spend a mont our in Philly and then hopefully on the beach again this summer. Ah, I miss the sun and the ocean.

Comment

A perfect game thrown by A's Dallas Braden on Mother's Day has another awesome substory within it (because it makes Alex Rodriguez look like a doushe).

About 2 weeks ago A-Rod crossed the pitchers mound going out to the field, a huge no-no and unwritten rule in baseball, when Braden was pitching. They got into it big time and A-Rod acted all high and mighty about it being quoted as "I don't want to extend his 15 minutes of fame" and talking about how he doesn't care about a guy who has a few wins in his career. Now A-Rod looks like an idiot with Braden going on a list containing 19 people in the history of baseball.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

I think the better part of the story was the fact that Braden's grandmother was in attendance on Mother's Day. His grandmother ended up being his mother figure in his life after his mother passed away his senior year of high school from cancer.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

That was definitely a good part of the story. Personally I feel good for Dallas and his grandmother, but personally I feel good for myself because I get to laugh at A-Rod.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                          I think the better part of the story was the fact that Braden's grandmother was in attendance on Mother's Day. His grandmother ended up being his mother figure in his life after his mother passed away his senior year of high school from cancer.
                          Obviously a walk-off homerun fails in comparison to a perfect game, but it takes me back to Billy Hall's game winner on Mother's Day a few years ago. Pink bat and all, Hall rocked that pitch. The best part about it was when the camera flashed to Hall's mother going crazy in the stands. Hm Bill Hall, whatever happened to him...He had potential. Jk.

Anytime that bronze-juiced-up-metro-sexual-entitled-waste-of-space Alex Rodriguez is humiliated even in the slightest of ways, it fills me with satisfaction. That's a bit harsh, but I don't like the guy. Good for Braden and definitely a great story.

It gives me faith in humanity and the world of sports to see that there are indeed still a few "good guys" out there.

Comment

The best part of that perfect game was that my brother lives by Tampa and is a Rays fan :D

Comment

Check out this brilliant cokehead owning the cop - LOL

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Hahaha...I don't know if you guys watch The Office, but it reminds me of the episode Dwight takes on the role of volunteer deputy sheriff to find out who left the joint in the parking lot.

He asks Oscar, "Have you ever pooped a balloon?"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information