No announcement yet.

Off Topic Packer Fan Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is pretty random, but I love thinking back to old sports memories I had as a kid. What's everybody's favorite sport's moment/memory/experience? Not necessarily professional sports, but elementary, junior or high school days.

In 6th grade I played TE. First off, I never scored, because all we did was run. But one play, the coach put me under center. I snapped the ball, the QB touched it (rules), then faked an end around. I sat there in my stance with the ball in my gut. 11 players chased down our speedy QB, and 2 seconds later I took off straight down the field for about a 60 yard touchdown. If it wasn't on REALLY old home videos, I wouldn't believe it actuall happened.

The other was in senior Babe Ruth a couple years back, summer baseball. I always played 2nd and was one of those groundball/bunt for a hit type players. My 2nd to last game in organized baseball and the summer after high school graduation, I hit a 3-run homerun to win the game 7-5. It was the one and only over the fence homerun of my life. Good times.

I'd bring up my 3 trips to Lambeau Field, but those are obviously magical experiences. Anyone else?

Comment

My fave sports memory (from playing) was in a baseball tournament. Probably Grade 7 or so.

When I played baseball I usually played 1st/3rd, sometimes left/right field. Anyways for whatever reason, I think we may have used most of our pitchers the past couple of days, and rules stated pitchers could only pitch X innings in a tournament, I was put in to pitch the last inning of the final game of the tournament. I hadn't really been a pitcher since I was much younger, and the game was close so this looked like a death sentence. Don't know how I did it but I mowed them down, 1-2-3. Winning the tournament like that was really memorable.

Comment

Double majoring in Sport Management and Communications.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
          Double majoring in Sport Management and Communications.
          I started as a sport management major but got a real bad impression of it after working with Minnesota's athletic communications so i went back and forth on some majors, decided to return home to Green Bay, and am now going to school for Elementary Education. I get to coach some football this fall at my old high school too so I'm not too upset with how things have played out.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Can you elaborate on this real bad impression? What were your responsibilities etc?

Comment

What do we all think about the Wisconsin gubernatorial race? I'm leaning towards Tom Barrett mostly because of his demonstrable support of law enforcement, veterans of Iraq/Afghanistan, and education (i'm in law enforcement as well as the Army reserve, my dad is also a police officer, and my mom is a 3rd grade teacher). Even though Barrett is a democrat, he seems fairly fiscally conservative which I like...not as much as Walker but certainly more conservative than Doyle. I'm also not a fan of Walker's plan to cut Badger care and impose time limits on it.

What are your thoughts?

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                I'm liking this thread a lot, just as long as we keep politics out of the discussion.
                10 Characters

Comment

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
                  What do we all think about the Wisconsin gubernatorial race? I'm leaning towards Tom Barrett mostly because of his demonstrable support of law enforcement, veterans of Iraq/Afghanistan, and education (i'm in law enforcement as well as the Army reserve, my dad is also a police officer, and my mom is a 3rd grade teacher). Even though Barrett is a democrat, he seems fairly fiscally conservative which I like...not as much as Walker but certainly more conservative than Doyle. I'm also not a fan of Walker's plan to cut Badger care and impose time limits on it.

What are your thoughts?
                  JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information