Off Topic Packer Fan Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Topic Packer Fan Thread

Why not? Talk about anything not Packers, Bucks, Brewers, Badgers football, or draft. Let's see if there's interest enough to keep the thread going.

Feel free to post anything interesting, amusing, news related, personal, whatever. I'll get it started:

I'm a 22 year old college civil engineering student at UW-Platteville but my home is the Waukesha/Milwaukee area.

I hope to get out golfing soon with the great weather, but won't have time until school ends mid May. Love playing Nagawaukee, Dretzka is pretty good too. I also disc golf, and I'm pretty good at it, but lately I've been too busy so I'm only out a couple times a month and usually after a few beers.

I'll be completely absent from pretty much any political or religious discussions (athiest).

Spend a lot of time with the Xbox playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 or Call of Duty online, or Madden or Tiger Woods with friends.

Love trying new beers, some of my favorites:

Canned craft brewed beers are usually amazing

Of course

Thanks to BK for the sig

I'm liking this thread a lot, just as long as we keep politics out of the discussion.

I am 22 as well, but I go to UW-Oshkosh. Not too far from Platteville. Our club rugby teamed played Platteville a couple years back. As far as school goes, I am an English major and Journalism minor.

I'm kind of freaking out about graduation next fall, but first things first...Summer! School here ends a week before my birthday, May 21st, and I hope to spend the majority of my summer playing golf, umping Men's Rec league softball, listening to Ueck, and doing some behind the scenes internship stuff at my local radio station WOGO in Chippewa Falls.

I've been waiting for something interesting to happen in Wisconsin news before I post in this thread, but it's been mainly crime in Milwaukee and road construction. Exciting!

Comment

Pic of my lil buddy Charles the bearded dragon. He was only about 3 inches when I got him almost 1 year ago.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

That's pretty awesome. I have a male Shorkie named Rascal (let my little sis and niece name him), and I can't even imagine not having him around. He's boarderline crazy, but it's getting better as he grows a bit.

Any locals going down to Madison for Mifflin this weekend? I'll be down there bright and early tomorrow. It's a good time, but there are too many stupid people roaming the streets on that day. A couple years ago, I think it was something like 200 people got arrested in a span of 1 day.

Not the greatest pic of him, but it's all I've got.
        Last edited by Whistler6; 05-01-2010, 12:59 AM.

Comment

My roommate is from Madison so 95% chance he'll be there. I heard they are cracking down on security. I'd probably go but this is the toughest semester of my life so I'm pretty much locked in my apartment til finals are over.

Post 2005: The year
          -GW Bush was inaugurated into the white house for the second time
          -Patriots won the superbowl
          -The pope dies
          -Danish newspaper draws Muhammad, controversy ensues
          -First human face transplant
          -This year was made 1 second longer, leap second
          I give this year an F-
          Last edited by umphrey; 05-01-2010, 07:15 PM.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

how do you like being a civil engineer major umphrey? im about to go to FSU to major in civil engineering.

Originally posted by CraigNall4MVP
            biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver

Comment

I switched from software engineering and I like it way better. My brother is a civil engineer and he started out designing water drainage for Madison, then went out to Seattle to work on a monorail or something of that nature, now I just heard he's going to San Francisco to design roads I believe. The best aspects post-graduation are you make a decent salary ($40,000+) is where most people start, you probably work for the government which means awesome benefits and lots of days off (my favorite), and it's a growing industry (sky-rocketing with Obama) with jobs everywhere.

You have to:
              -Be able to finish Calc 3 and understand Calc 1&2 well
              -Be able to work with vectors
              -You have to know trigonometry as well as you do addition and subtraction
              -Work through long problems with lots of numbers (my last HW involved a 4x9 table of numbers some of which 9+ digits long)
              -Be really good at keeping track of positive/negative numbers
              -Have good inherent problem solving skills, like being able to look at a truss with 20 pieces and 10 forces acting on it and know where to start, then work linearly through the problem in the correct order of maybe 5-10 steps

You're going to have to spend a lot of time on it. This semester was/is by far the hardest of my life taking
              Chemistry 1450-5 credit class that everyone learns in a year except engineers who learn it in a semester - the class average for the last test was 49%...what a joke
              Differential Equations-Kind of like Calculus 4
              Statics-Calculate forces, centroid, etc. involves a lot of calculator work and lots of numbers for 1 problem
              History 101-A class I never go to except the discussion where I read a handout 10 minutes before class and raise my hand a couple times then mentally check out
              Last edited by umphrey; 05-02-2010, 07:21 PM.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

I like it.

I'm a 19 year old college student. I say college only because I have yet to decide where I will be going next fall. I attended community college out of high school and hated it, yet excelled tremendously as anyone should. I'm leaning towards majoring in sports management which is almost as cliche as History for any sports fan it seems. I have an interest in criminal justice as well as public relations such as communications, marketing, and mass communications/mass studies. In the event that I don't choose criminal justice, my goal is to work with a sports team in any capacity. Sports have been a great passion of mine since I can remember.

I have been working out seriously since January. Far from my goals but it's become a solid hobby. Others include fantasy baseball, football, and I'm making a conscious effort to read more. Once I decide on a college, I'm pledging a fraternity. I feel it's a vital part of the college experience. Others may disagree.

I am not religious at all and have no interest in politics. I don't vote so I don't complain.

I don't 'enjoy' many beers. I'm a Blue Moon guy. Shock Top I can deal with as well. I don't like drinking Coors light, Miller Lite, or any thing of the sort. I'm out of high school so why drink like you still are?

I'm from Cherry Hill, NJ. Average size place. Five minutes from Philadelphia. Hour from the beach. Hour and a half from New York.

I'm a Phillies, Packers, Devils, and Clippers fan. Ordered by my passion. Sorry. :D

I was born in NJ, lived in Colorado shortly, moved to Cherry Hill and have been here since.

I like to tailgate, party, road trip, be spontaneous, and play sports when I can.

Which one am I?

Comment

24 year old geography and history major at university of Minnesota. Graduate in a few days. I'm going back to school this fall if I can't find a job though to get my geographic information sciences degree.

I had spotted cow a few weeks ago and I though it was overrated I'm afraid to say. Too bland.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

I also plan on going to grad school. To be where I want to be in 20-25 years, I think it's key.

Comment

This is what I've been drinking most because it's $12 a 30 pack and most light beers taste the same except the really expensive or really cheap. This, however, is cheap but better than Miller lite, taste pretty much like Coors lite. It must be extremely local because the liquor store I worked at in Waukesha doesn't carry it and they have over 1000 beers.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

I'm a 19 year old college studentt. I say college only because I have yet to decide where I will be going next fall. I attended community college out of high school and hated it, yet excelled tremendously as anyone should. I'm leaning towards majoring in sports management which is almost as cliche as History for any sports fan it seems. I have an interest in criminal justice as well as public relations such as communications, marketing, and mass communications/mass studies. In the event that I don't choose criminal justice, my goal is to work with a sports team in any capacity. Sports have been a great passion of mine since I can remember.

I have been working out seriously since January. Far from my goals but it's become a solid hobby. Others include fantasy baseball, football, and I'm making a conscious effort to read more. Once I decide on a college, I'm pledging a fraternity. I feel it's a vital part of the college experience. Others may disagree.

I'm from Cherry Hill, NJ. Average size place. Five minutes from Philadelphia. Hour from the beach. Hour and a half from New York.

I'm a Phillies, Packers, Devils, and Clippers fan. Ordered by my passion. Sorry.
                        -Wherever you go and whatever you major in, take your time to decide exactly what it is you want to do. Don't let anyone sway your decision or push you in the direction they think is best.

My mom has been a teacher for 30 years, and so it seemed like that was what I "should" do. It took me a year and a half in the School of Education to realize I love to read and write, and journalism is the direction I really wanted to go. College is so much better when you are laboring endlessly over material and courses you are interested in. I'm going to be licensed as a teacher when I graduate though, so I guess there's a positive to taking a while to make up my mind if I'm struggly to find a job.

-There is a guy on my rugby team who pledged to a fraternity his freshman year. His initiation was to get a tattoo of the fraternity logo along with the exact colors. Long story short...He has a green and purple tattoo on his right peck, it's the ugliest thing I've ever seen, it's forever, AND he's no longer part of the fraternity.

Go for it, just don't be hasty! Haha.

-I was born in Philly before moving to Wisconsin when I was just a youngster. My mom's side of the family still lives in Pennsylvania, and we spent a month in New Jersey on the beach this past summer. Man I love the ocean.

I'm a massive Brewers homer, but when they play the Phillies, I have a hard time deciding who pull for. I guess I would consider the Phillies 1A.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                          24 year old geography and history major at university of Minnesota. Graduate in a few days. I'm going back to school this fall if I can't find a job though to get my geographic information sciences degree.

I had spotted cow a few weeks ago and I though it was overrated I'm afraid to say. Too bland.
                          How are you holding up? I graduate in a year, and I'm already freaking out about it. I can't tell if it's nervous anxiety or excitement.

Comment

Did anyone else get caught in the storm last night? I'm in Oshkosh, and the news reported that a tornado touched down just North in Appleton I think it was. I love thunder storms, but the thought of tornados scare the hell out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                              I switched from software engineering and I like it way better. My brother is a civil engineer and he started out designing water drainage for Madison, then went out to Seattle to work on a monorail or something of that nature, now I just heard he's going to San Francisco to design roads I believe. The best aspects post-graduation are you make a decent salary ($40,000+) is where most people start, you probably work for the government which means awesome benefits and lots of days off (my favorite), and it's a growing industry (sky-rocketing with Obama) with jobs everywhere.

You have to:
                              -Be able to finish Calc 3 and understand Calc 1&2 well
                              -Be able to work with vectors
                              -You have to know trigonometry as well as you do addition and subtraction
                              -Work through long problems with lots of numbers (my last HW involved a 4x9 table of numbers some of which 9+ digits long)
                              -Be really good at keeping track of positive/negative numbers
                              -Have good inherent problem solving skills, like being able to look at a truss with 20 pieces and 10 forces acting on it and know where to start, then work linearly through the problem in the correct order of maybe 5-10 steps

You're going to have to spend a lot of time on it. This semester was/is by far the hardest of my life taking
                              Chemistry 1450-5 credit class that everyone learns in a year except engineers who learn it in a semester - the class average for the last test was 49%...what a joke
                              Differential Equations-Kind of like Calculus 4
                              Statics-Calculate forces, centroid, etc. involves a lot of calculator work and lots of numbers for 1 problem
                              History 101-A class I never go to except the discussion where I read a handout 10 minutes before class and raise my hand a couple times then mentally check out
                              how the hell are you taking that so late? Shouldn't that be one of the first classes you take?

Dyanmics and Statics are the first engr classes we have to take and then we we move on from there. Also learning Auto CAD.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information