No announcement yet.

Packers-Eagles, Week 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Kolb, and think he can be good, but I don't think he'll be able to do enough at this point(week 1 of the season) vs the Pack. Pack run D should be able to nullify McCoy and the run game, meaning Kolb will have to try and hang with Rodgers and Co. I don't see it happening. I think the Pack jump on the EAgles early, then the Eagles make a bit of a run to come back, only to fall short

Pack - 28
    Eagles - 17

Comment

If our offense keeps clicking our defense has to make what 1 stop? Im feeling confident we should win but you just really never know.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
        I'm somewhat concerned with this game...we're going up against a young team but they have big play potential and a defense that can get after the QB...I think we'll win but it won't come easy
        I agree with you. I think this is a game that we should win but the starting defense not playing together much at all this preseason is the biggest concern to me.

Comment

Roughly 94 more hours if I did my math correctly... Cant WAIT!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
            Roughly 94 more hours if I did my math correctly... Cant WAIT!
            I can't wait either.
            I also can't wait for the Saints tomorrow night, and I really hope that they don't come out too over-pumped up.

We're huge Saints fans tomorrow night gentlemen!

Comment

Was in the Eagles forum and one of the guys asked a question about why they cut Tracy White (former Packer special teams ace), and why a 3-4 team like New England signed him right away.

I just thought it was interesting since we cut him, and our special teams took a hit afterwards as we have seen. Hopefully the Iggles also takes an immediate hit out there and we take advantage of it.
              Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
              Special teams stud, extremely fluid athlete that excels in coverage, basically a good player that's just undersized. The numbers made him the odd man out because of the addition of Ernie Sims and the depth at WLB.

Comment

Our special teams still sucked with him. Not saying that he wasn't a good special teamer, but I wouldn't really say it took a hit once he was cut. We sucked with him, sucked without him.

Comment

So with the injury report out, the main concern is that Underwood will be out...and Mike Neal is now a game time decision. Other than that everybody else is good to go. I hope Neal can suit up sunday, they need to keep the guys fresh on the Dline. Oh, and Bustin will actually be ACTIVE[/shock and awe]

Comment

I'm extremely bummed out that big Mike Neal is that banged up already. That sucks big time. He was the key improvement to this roster and I like the guy.

Let's hope his faith heels him fast as the reverend Reggie White did back in the day.

Comment

I'm not one bit worried about this game. I'm guessing we go back and forth for a quarter and a half and then Capers brings hell to Kolb. Their defense doesn't concern me because I think we have the best offense in the league. One thing that does worry me is their special teams. Dasean will have to be good to great in the return game if they're going to be in this. Hopefully we found our punter in Masthay.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                        I'm extremely bummed out that big Mike Neal is that banged up already. That sucks big time. He was the key improvement to this roster and I like the guy.

Let's hope his faith heels him fast as the reverend Reggie White did back in the day.
                        Apparently its an ab strain, so nothing too serious. He'll have another few days to rest it up.

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                        Hopefully we found our punter in Masthay.
                        I'm certain that he'll be better than Kapinos. Hell, it was pretty evident in preseason that BOTH punters were an improvement over Kapinos. Now, ST coverage is another story...

Comment

FRIDAY AFTERNOON UPDATE:

* LB Desmond Bishop (hamstring) did not participate and is QUESTIONABLE;
                          * LT Chad Clifton (knee), did not participate (normal Friday rest) and is probable;
                          * DE Cullen Jenkins (calf) went full and is probable;
                          * LB Brad Jones (shoulder) went full and is probable;
                          * S Derrick Martin (ankle) did not participate and is probable
                          * LB Clay Matthews (hamstring) was full and probable;
                          * DE Mike Neal (abdomen) did not participate and is QUESTIONABLE;
                          * LB Brady Poppinga (knee) was limited and is probable;
                          * CB Brandon Underwood (shoulder) did not participate and is OUT.
                          * CB Charles Woodson (toe) was limited and is probable.

Comment

I don't care who's out. Unless Aaron Rodgers isn't playing we should beat the Eagles rather easily.

Comment

The talking heads are predicting us almost unanimously. Some say blowout, some say we take a big lead and the Eagles make it close as Kolb settles in. Like I said before I expect a fairly easy win unless we screw up like 4 special teams plays really badly. Another concern is the team coming in flat after all the preseason hype. I don't think this will happen because it seems they learned their lesson last year and there are numerous quotes from players addressing that very problem.

Too bad about Neal but all it means is he won't play this week (unless we are ravaged by injuries) and he probably wouldn't have gotten more than 10 snaps anyway. He'll be 100% in no time. I also have a lot of confidence in Harrell as the #4 DL until he goes back on the IR.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                                Too bad about Neal but all it means is he won't play this week (unless we are ravaged by injuries) and he probably wouldn't have gotten more than 10 snaps anyway. He'll be 100% in no time. I also have a lot of confidence in Harrell as the #4 DL until he goes back on the IR.
                                I believe Neal and Jenkins and Raji were going to be our primary DL pass rushers, depending on who's tired and what's working.

Neal was brought in to put pass rush on, not stop the run. And this Eagles team is the most one-dimensional passing offense we will see, maybe until December in New England. I'd really like big Mike this game, and let him rest the next week against the Bills, who we can beat with our practice squad guys.

I expect Mike to suit up Sunday and make a couple plays pushing the pocket into Cobb. Kolb.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information