2011 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
    I really like Heyward, if he is there he would be my pick. I personally do not think he will be there, but I am not the other 31 teams drafting so who knows. I would rather have Heyward than Ayers or Reed.

Boling would be a solid 3rd or 4th rounder, not a 2nd in my opinion. If we draft Heyward Round 1, I would really like to see a OLB in Round 2. I am thinking of Moch, Chris Carter, Martez Wilson (according to Scotts mock), and maybe even Acho.

Love the Vereen Pick, I was really thinking about putting him in my mock. Whoever drafts Vereen is getting a player. If he would have run a sub 4.45 like he probably can, he would be getting 2nd best RB consideration.

The only thing I don't like about Salas is his return skills. I suppose though that if your mock went this way, Vereen would be returning kicks. I do really like Salas though, in some ways he reminds me of James Jones just not as physical.

I like the Cortez Allen selection; I had told J-Mike I was going to include him in my mock, but I decided to go with Davon House in the 3rd. I like Allen though; he has all the measurables you look for.

Not a fan of the Willie Smith pick; MM has said he wants his OT's to be athletic, Smith is more of a road grader. I would rather wait till the 7th and add developmental guys like DJ Young out of Michigan State or Johnny Culbreath out of South Carolina State.

I like the pick of Stephen Schilling but I don't think he falls this far. Schilling is a 3rd-5th round kind of guy. He really helped himself out at the combine. I really think Schilling would be a good selection in Round 4.

Really like the Marc Schiechl pick (on a side note, I feel like him and Blaine Sumner have used "roids"). The guy would definitely be worth a look.

Not too big of a fan of the Demarco Sampson pick, but it does remind me of when the pack took Brett Swain. Sampson will be a 25 yr old rookie, I'd rather take someone younger.

Outside of Boling in the 2nd (I am just not sold that he is a 2nd rounder), I would be completely fine with this draft.
    Thanks for the input. I am going to put together one more mock draft before next Thursday and I had already figured I would change picks 1 & 2. I recently read something that the Jets, Pittsburgh and Baltimore are all very interested in Heyward so I also don't think he'll be around anymore.

As far as my last few picks go, I kind of just threw Sampson in there because of his pro day numbers. They were pretty impressive, but I can't remember what they were exactly. He also spent some time returning kicks so that factored in also.

Comment

• one week to go, can't wait!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Late round guy to watch for: Keith Darbut, DE/OLB, Baldwin-Wallace

Ohio Athletic Conference DL of the Year

6'4" 230 pounds
        4.40 forty
        1.42 ten yard split
        10'6" broad jump
        38 inch vertical
        26 reps @ 225

A physical freak who had the production at a lower level of football, who will certainly get a look towards the end of the draft

Comment

• Who would you guys rather have as a WR in the 2nd round... Randall Cobb somehow dropping to us or taking a flier on Edmond Gates knowing he won't be around at #96????

Comment

• Originally posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
            Who would you guys rather have as a WR in the 2nd round... Randall Cobb somehow dropping to us or taking a flier on Edmond Gates knowing he won't be around at #96????
            I would love either one of these guys at the bottom of round two, but I think they'll both be off the board at that point. Cobb, a more yards after catch type receiver, fits perfectly in that Greg Jennings/Donald Driver type mold for the Packers and he is a realistic option at the bottom of round one given Donald's age and James Jones being a free agent. Gates, more of a vertical threat, would provide the team will a slightly different dynamic and would help add to a very talented set of weapons for Mr. Rodgers.

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
              I would love either one of these guys at the bottom of round two, but I think they'll both be off the board at that point. Cobb, a more yards after catch type receiver, fits perfectly in that Greg Jennings/Donald Driver type mold for the Packers and he is a realistic option at the bottom of round one given Donald's age and James Jones being a free agent. Gates, more of a vertical threat, would provide the team will a slightly different dynamic and would help add to a very talented set of weapons for Mr. Rodgers.

I think if TT trades out of the 1st and gets himself an earlier 2nd rd pick, Cobb will be the pick. The kid is so versatile and returns kicks, plays wildcat (which I don't really care much for) and makes plays, he also was the holder for field goals at Kentucky ahah.

Comment

• To change subject just for a little bit, I just watched a video of Vernon Davis. I wonder how he feels now about Green Bay? I remember how relieved he was that Green Bay didn't take him.

Comment

• Never liked him anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
                    To change subject just for a little bit, I just watched a video of Vernon Davis. I wonder how he feels now about Green Bay? I remember how relieved he was that Green Bay didn't take him.
                    I hated that bast*rd since that draft day, and since he said that sh*t about being relieved.
                    I never root for anyone to get hurt, but when we played them in 2009, we lost both Kampman and Harris forever out there. Why couldn't it have been the loud-mouthed predator Davis instead that day?

And he's scored against us both times we've faced them (or at least two times I can remember). But we're 2-0 vs them (as I can recall).

I'm glad we took Hawk instead of him!

Comment

• I remember that **** on draft day.... eff Vernon. There was no reason he needed to say what he did. It just shows what a sack of **** he is.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                        I remember that **** on draft day.... eff Vernon. There was no reason he needed to say what he did. It just shows what a sack of **** he is.
                        We should all write taunting fan-mail to his dreadlocked ass. He's done nothing but lose since arriving there into the CityByTheGay.

Comment

• Decided to put out my last Packers draft wish list tonight... prepare to be amazed. Joking, but take a look and let me know what you think.

Round 1 Randall Cobb, WR Kentucky
                          Round 2 Clint Boling, OG Georgia
                          Round 3 Shane Vereen, RB California
                          Round 4 a. Cortez Allen, CB The Citadel b. Vincent Brown, WR SDSU
                          Round 5 Willie Smith, OT ECU
                          Round 6 Cedric Thorton, DE/DT Southern Arkansas
                          Round 7 a. Mike Mohamed, ILB California b. Mark Schiechl, OLB Colorado School of Mines

Comment

• Willie Smith is a prospect I'm a big fan as we're only a week away...getting him in the fifth would be great but i'm thinking he's gonna go sooner than that

Comment

• Just finished my final 3 round mock and had us taking:
                              Round 1 - Cameron Heyward DE
                              Round 2 - Rodney Hudson OG
                              Round 3 - Jalil Brown CB

Comment

• Just had a rush of blood and realised that defense wins championships. With this in mind our draft should look like this.

1st Round - Cameron Heyward DE
                                2nd Round - Sam Acho OLB
                                3rd Round - Chimdi Chekwa CB
                                4th Round - Casey Matthews ILB
                                4th Round - Jeremy Kerley WR

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information