Packers-Redskins, Week 5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
    Thats why you don't throw up a Hail Mary like that. For the few times it works the majority of the time it backfires. Trammon gets a big return and the Redskins 4th overall pick tweaks his knee.
    Actually the majority of the time it doesn't have any effect on the game. Also it's usually done when the team is losing, not tied so it doesn't matter if they run it back. And I'd be willing to bet the amount of touchdowns for the offense is at least a 10:1 ratio, and probably a hell of a lot more, than a score for the defense.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
      Actually the majority of the time it doesn't have any effect on the game. Also it's usually done when the team is losing, not tied so it doesn't matter if they run it back. And I'd be willing to bet the amount of touchdowns for the offense is at least a 10:1 ratio, and probably a hell of a lot more, than a score for the defense.
      I'd take that bet in a heartbeat.

Comment

Dude it was a 53 yarder. I'm sure there are idiot fans who will call for him to be cut after missing that, but that's because they're morons.
        2nd miss of the game, and I don't think he has a game winning field goal in his career. Yeah I'll admit I'm overreacting but seriously when the hell is he going to make one of these important kicks. If we lose this game our team morale goes down the toilet and we might point back to this game 6 weeks from now and say "that game started the plunge out of the playoff race".

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

48 and 53 yard field goals and he was close on both. Can't really blame him for that. If it was 38 and 43 then go ahead, but those are very hard kicks to make.

Comment

How about not blitzing for a play and having enough guys to cover the WRs? No Matthews = no pressure

Comment

How about not blitzing for a play and having enough guys to cover the WRs? No Matthews = no pressure
              Aren't you the one who was complaining about how we didn't blitz in the fourth quarter last week?

Comment

And there it pays off

Comment

Aren't you the one who was complaining about how we didn't blitz in the fourth quarter last week?
                  Uhh no. Actually I was saying the same thing because of all the dink and donk passes.

Comment

And there's your ball game. 2 weeks in a row forcing the ball to Jennings.

Comment

Garbage call on Poppinga.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                        2nd miss of the game, and I don't think he has a game winning field goal in his career. Yeah I'll admit I'm overreacting but seriously when the hell is he going to make one of these important kicks. If we lose this game our team morale goes down the toilet and we might point back to this game 6 weeks from now and say "that game started the plunge out of the playoff race".
                        Alright maybe we should put the down syndrome on hold here, you're really going to blame Mason Crosby for missing a 53 yard field goal to win the game? That's what you got out of watching the Packers lose that game? God damn son, you should be a ******* NFL coach some day or something.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by jackalope View Post
                          Garbage call on Poppinga.
                          Garbage execution. We had many chances to put this game out of reach. Drops, 3rd downs, and penalties cost us the game. This game shouldn't even have gone down to the wire as poor execution once again derails the gameplan.

Comment

Im ****ing sick of watching this team. We have what an entire 2nd string defense? Its just ridiculous, I give them credit they played hard but we just have way to many injuries.

The offense can move the ball for awhile but leaves way to many points on the field. We have been up by atleast a TD every game at half im pretty sure but we do jack **** the 2nd half(except Buf). We are lucky were not 1-4 because of it.

We will be lucky to make the playoffs at all. There is just way to many injuries and we have played 5 ****ing games.
                            Last edited by PackerLegend; 10-10-2010, 05:21 PM.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Mike McCarthy either needs to stop calling his own plays or find a game plan that ******* works. I'm tired of seeing the same offense every week with no apparent adjustments made or positives expanded on. Yeah we lost Ryan Grant and Jermichael Finley for that game but that doesn't mean we have to roll over and ******* die every time we get the ball on offense. Find something that works or find somebody that will.

Garbage execution. We had many chances to put this game out of reach. Drops, 3rd downs, and penalties cost us the game. This game shouldn't even have gone down to the wire as poor execution once again derails the gameplan.
                              Regardless of our execution throughout the game it was a garbage call that had a major impact on the game, the call against Woodson should have been a no call as well.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I'm starting to think that McCarthy is not the guy for the job. His playcalling today was awful. Run game was there ALL day and he doesn't even go to it. They had a lead in the 4th quarter and had 1 run the entire quarter...1

didn't help that everybody was dropping passes, but damn man, run the ball a bit, especially when it was WORKING

injuries continue to mount which is quickly derailing this season, but McCarthy sure isn't helping anything. 2 losses now where they outplayed their opponent early on and didnt' capitalize on it at all, only to see them totally blow it late in the game. Seen too many games like this under McCarthy

and now they have their brutal stretch coming up, possibly without Finley. **** this

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information