OL Kevin Barry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
    I think he could be he just hasn't had much of a shot. RT is his best fit, no way he could play the left side. He seems like he could play gaurd, but in 05 he couldn't beat out Will Whitaker or Adrian Klemm so probably not. He was hurt all of last year, but I think he recovered fine. His strength is as a run blocker and we had a special package, U-71, for him when Sherman was there. I haven't seen him pass block much but I don't think it's terrible just not real good.
    He could start at RT as long as he would return to the form that he was developing prior to the injury, but I'm sure once he gets the oppurunity somewhere he will play well b/c he'll put in the time needed to get there. Coaches have always described him as a work horse

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

* note that Barry didn't start at G in '05 because Sherman really liked the U-71 formation and felt Barry was best as that extra TE. Fat lotta good that did.

I remember a lot of people being angry that he didn't get a chance to be a starter.

Comment

Originally posted by ny10804 View Post
        * note that Barry didn't start at G in '05 because Sherman really liked the U-71 formation and felt Barry was best as that extra TE. Fat lotta good that did.

I remember a lot of people being angry that he didn't get a chance to be a starter.
        Yeah I was one of them. I think he could but the reason you said doesn't make much sense. I have heard it before, but why wouldn't they keep him on the feild as much as possible if they liked him there. I don't even think those 2 are still in the league. The U-71 was nice, but if that was the real reason he sacrificed 90% of his possible playing time for one package.

Comment

Yeah I was one of them. I think he could but the reason you said doesn't make much sense. I have heard it before, but why wouldn't they keep him on the feild as much as possible if they liked him there. I don't even think those 2 are still in the league. The U-71 was nice, but if that was the real reason he sacrificed 90% of his possible playing time for one package.
          Sherman was never good at judging players and where they could be utilized to their highest potential.

Comment

Just did some research:

Jul 14, 2005
            Barry hopes to be that guy, too, and to prove it, he dropped 15 pounds this off-season. Barry's weight ballooned as high as 350 last season and he wasn't nearly as effective in Green Bay's U-71 package as he was in 2003. But at 336 pounds, Barry looked good during the Packers' off-season minicamps. Because Barry has worked almost exclusively at right tackle throughout his career, the chance exists that he could start there and Tauscher could be kicked inside to guard.
            http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=340473

Aug 9, 2005
            No move: The Packers are not inclined to move Kevin Barry into the lineup at tackle or guard, according to Beightol. "The reason is what we just did here at the end of practice," Beightol said Monday morning. "If you take Kevin Barry and put him in at tackle, you're not moving it 65 yards downfield in a critical, critical situation."
            Operating against the No. 2 defense, the No. 1 offense killed all 7½ minutes off the clock with a 13-play, 65-yard drive. On the drive, Barry was at tight end in the "U-71" package.
            http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=347011

Oct 9, 2005
            Clifton came out with the other starters for warm-ups and then gutted it out on a sprained left ankle, which he had suffered last Monday in the loss to Carolina. Had Clifton not played, Tauscher would have had to move to left tackle, Kevin Barry would have had to play right tackle and the Packers would have had to go without their favored "U-71" package.
            http://www.jsonline.com/story/index....9&format=print

Comment

Could I ask what the point of that was??? All the articles were a year or two ago and before the injury

Comment

Still though, why not have him at Guard and then move him to TE to run the U-71.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                  Could I ask what the point of that was??? All the articles were a year or two ago and before the injury

Context clues.

Comment

Context clues.
                    hmmmmm??????

Comment

Still though, why not have him at Guard and then move him to TE to run the U-71.
                      Who knows. Apparently Beightol (o-line coach) thought the best production would be with him as exclusively the TE. That and they probably didn't want to move Tauscher to guard, and conversely thought Barry was a much better tackle than guard.

Comment

Who knows. Apparently Beightol (o-line coach) thought the best production would be with him as exclusively the TE. That and they probably didn't want to move Tauscher to guard, and conversely thought Barry was a much better tackle than guard.
                        That entire coaching staff was a bunch of DAs and that's why they're gone; TT is running the show now

Comment

Originally posted by M1Koter View Post
                          week 17....yes, so satifying....week 17...hmmm
                          What does you beating us in a meaningless game have to do with the fact that you think your dogshit players are worth a 4th rounder?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

A 4th was wishful thinking and hey stranger things have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by ds8582 View Post
                              A 4th was wishful thinking and hey stranger things have happened.
                              4th rounder for a starting O-linemen somewhere else isn't asking too much

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                What does you beating us in a meaningless game have to do with the fact that you think your dogshit players are worth a 4th rounder?
                                sounds like we struck a nerve on a still bitter bear fan, hahaha

Originally posted by princefielder28
                                Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information