Rodger's Regression?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
    Not a fan of this thread...Just saying...I could understand this thread if the Pack were 3-5 instead of 5-3, but they are not so lets keep positive.

Also, if we are going to talk about regression: why don't we talk about all the dropped balls from our receivers?

But lets not...enjoy a big win and hopefully a big win next game to have us at 6-3.
    That's a great point there.

One more thing that comes to mind seeing the struggles of the passing game and all the drops: Maybe we're not set at WR with Jones and Jordy afterall?

Many of us thought those guys were as good as many team's starters. Jones is so up & down and drops the ball on key plays way more than we should have to tolerate.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
      That's a great point there.

One more thing that comes to mind seeing the struggles of the passing game and all the drops: Maybe we're not set at WR with Jones and Jordy afterall?

Many of us thought those guys were as good as many team's starters. Jones is so up & down and drops the ball on key plays way more than we should have to tolerate.
      I dunno, drops happen. We've had some really bad games for drops this year, sure, but it doesn't explain Rodgers missing throws.

I really do agree that Jones and Nelson are iffy. Jones reminds me of a mini-Dwayne Bowe, which is not flattering. Nelson is no better than an average #3 who doesn't stretch the field, imo.

And to whoever said we're 5-3, don't complain.. slightly better QB play and we'd be 7-1. We lost two OT games and a game we really should have won (although, in fairness, that Chicago game wasn't Rodgers screwup; the other two he dropped the ball.)
      Last edited by Sportsfan486; 11-02-2010, 03:25 AM.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
        I dunno, drops happen. We've had some really bad games for drops this year, sure, but it doesn't explain Rodgers missing throws.

I really do agree that Jones and Nelson are iffy. Jones reminds me of a mini-Dwayne Bowe, which is not flattering. Nelson is no better than an average #3 who doesn't stretch the field, imo.

And to whoever said we're 5-3, don't complain.. slightly better QB play and we'd be 7-1. We lost two OT games and a game we really should have won (although, in fairness, that Chicago game wasn't Rodgers screwup; the other two he dropped the ball.)
        Sure it does mean something when drops happen. Look at Arod's stats this year; he has completed 165 passes and attempted 269, giving him a completion percentage of 61.3.... Now lets say between Quarless, Driver, Jennings, Jones, and Nelson they all had caught two more passes that had previously been dropped. That would give Arod an extra 10 completions making his completion percentage go up to 65.1 percent (That would be his all-time high)

I know that the receivers have been uncharacteristically bad this year when it comes to drops, but when a receiver drops a ball on third down that was thrown to him and we then have to punt or kick a field goal, that is a big deal...

I will agree with you that A-rod has missed some passes but still you can't just discount the receivers for having too many drops.
        Last edited by bigboiajhawk; 11-03-2010, 01:32 PM.

Comment

As long as the guys drops are a thing of the past, and they put glue on their fingers from here on out, we'll be in good shape.

Stick their hands in a jar of honey or syrup at IHOP before the games.
          Or put gum on their fingertips like David Tyree had on his helmet in that Super Bowl.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information