Packers at Falcons [Week 12]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
    Of course. Just like all the others where he's done his part and then special teams or defense ****** it up.
    Exactly. How many times is the special ed unit going to cost him, us, games?

Rodgers last drive was as clutch as it gets. It was do or die. A long drive, thanks to, what else, POOR field position because of terrible special teams.

If the season ended today, the most important move that needs to be made is a legit special teams coach needs to be here. Slocum came from Stock, who was schit. That was like firing Jim Bates and bringing in his no-name understudy Bob Sanders and making him the man.

Whatever system Coach Stock uses, which Slocum learned under... it sucks ass.

Comment

First of all Bates was good. Second, we wanted Bates back, he turned us down.

But yeah it'd be nice to have a functional special teams unit.

Comment

Originally posted by jackalope View Post
        You'll have to explain that to me. We played far from our best football today and still barely lost. It isn't a match-up we should be rooting for, but there's no doubt we could have beaten Atlanta today.

So, is this game going to be counted as another example of how Rodgers is unclutch?
        Rodgers is money to tie the game.. winning it is a different story.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
          Rodgers is money to tie the game.. winning it is a different story.
          What do expect from him? Was he supposed to throw a TD when we got the ball back with 2 seconds on the clock?

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
            Whatever system Coach Stock uses, which Slocum learned under... it sucks ass.
            I've been saying this for who knows how long. Lets promote the guy who learned under the worst special teams coach ever. BRILLIANT! Makes no ****ing sense at all.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Not to put a damper on yalls venting after a tough loss, but you all are assuming that ATL played a great game and was flawless...

Sure we had no turnovers, but Ryan only threw for 198 yards...Roddy was quiet all day long, and we really didnt have a "big play". Thats the offense, and obviously you all watched the game, we had zero pressure on Rodgers all day, most of the time rushing 3 to 4 guys and just sitting back. We also had alot of early penalties that set us back several times. So by no means did we play a great game, we simply just made fewer mistakes when it counted.

Comment

Originally posted by dunagan15 View Post
                Not to put a damper on yalls venting after a tough loss, but you all are assuming that ATL played a great game and was flawless...

Sure we had no turnovers, but Ryan only threw for 198 yards...Roddy was quiet all day long, and we really didnt have a "big play". Thats the offense, and obviously you all watched the game, we had zero pressure on Rodgers all day, most of the time rushing 3 to 4 guys and just sitting back. We also had alot of early penalties that set us back several times. So by no means did we play a great game, we simply just made fewer mistakes when it counted.
                That's a big thing right there. Both teams are solid fundamentally, and sometimes things just happen.... this game, that one big thing happened perfect for you guys, and terrible for us. A full 7-point swing.

Next time? Who knows. But I do know that despite that and all the other stuff (the non-catch by Gonzalez being another 7-point mistake), this game came down to the final play. In Atlanta.
                There's not much separating these 2 teams. Just a turnover was the difference and a few strange, or bad calls.

Comment

Tough loss, but it was an exciting game. Pack weren't gonna run the table anyway. #1 seed is obviously out of the question, but the Packers still control their destiny for perhaps the #2 seed. They just need to take care of business from here on out. Losing on a last second FG to a team who is damn near unbeatable at home and is currently the best team in the NFC isn't the worst. Still, I'll be doing what I usually do after Packer losses, and thats avoid ESPN/NFL Network for the week. I don't want to hear about the game or see any more highlights of the game

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                    That's a big thing right there. Both teams are solid fundamentally, and sometimes things just happen.... this game, that one big thing happened perfect for you guys, and terrible for us. A full 7-point swing.

Next time? Who knows. But I do know that despite that and all the other stuff (the non-catch by Gonzalez being another 7-point mistake), this game came down to the final play. In Atlanta.
                    There's not much separating these 2 teams. Just a turnover was the difference and a few strange, or bad calls.
                    Yes it is big, but its also our 4th game in a row w/o one...so its not like OMG they didnt turn the ball over...

Comment

Another thing, it f*ckin sucks that you just expect the ST to do something terrible like what they did at the end of the game. They ALWAYS give up a big return immediately after a huge momentum shift/packers scoring drive. Sick of seeing the ineptness from that unit. Slocum should have been fired last year, and he sure as hell better not survive after this season. Making him ST coach made absolutely zero sense, considering he was studying under MIKE STOCK, who was horrid as well

I mean damn, if they didn't tackle him by the facemask, it's most likely a freakin TD. Crosby had a great booming kick, and they returned it from inside their EZ and was basically untouched until he got past the 30. Just atrocious. I hate this ST with a passion

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                        What do expect from him? Was he supposed to throw a TD when we got the ball back with 2 seconds on the clock?
                        No, I'm referring to games he's had this season and in the past where he has had opportunities to make a drive to win the game and failed. As in this year we've gotten to OT twice, he's had chances to win it and not.

I still think that drive was fantastic, don't get me wrong. I've also thought he's really come back into form these last 4 games.

Oh how different this game would have turned out minus a fumble and plus a challenge. But that's how these things go.
                        Last edited by Sportsfan486; 11-29-2010, 03:49 PM.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
                          No, I'm referring to games he's had this season and in the past where he has had opportunities to make a drive to win the game and failed. As in this year we've gotten to OT twice, he's had chances to win it and not.

I still think that drive was fantastic, don't get me wrong. I've also thought he's really come back into form these last 4 games.

Oh how different this game would have turned out minus a fumble and plus a challenge. But that's how these things go.
                          The guy can't do it all. He shouldn't always have to overcome our defensive/special teams collapses.

You point out Rodgers fumble and a failed no-challenge yet where is the blame for the poor tackling? Lack of communication in the secondary? Special teams? With all our early mistakes we were still in the game. Its been no different in every loss that we suffered this season. Ultimately there has to be some urgency by either the offense, defense, and special teams. Its just too bad that only the offense showed that on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information