Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packers at Falcons [Week 12]

Alright, we need a thread up for this.

I don't feel like we'll have four dominating games in a row, especially with this being the best QB we'll have faced for an entire game.

I'm going 31-27 Pack.

A couple more in depth predictions;
    Roddy White has 10+, 140+, 2 TD+
    No turnovers for either team but 4+ sacks for both.
    Rodgers leads his first true game-winning drive with under 3:00 remaining in the game, down 24-27.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
    Rodgers leads his first true game-winning drive with under 3:00 remaining in the game, down 24-27.
    God that would be absolutely perfect!
    That's really all that's missing from him getting to that elite level, at least in the regular season.

I would expect some turnovers though, in this game.

We lose all our games by 3 points, if we lose. Let's win a close one. I'd pay money for your scenario to come true, except I am WAY sick or Rod White putting up big numbers like that. Also, I want some picks on Matty Ice. I want to see us treat him like we did Peyton Manning in 2008: a pair of 99-yard pick-6's. Remember those? Even Aaron Rouse got one.

Comment

The Falcons D isn't really that ball-hawking, imo.

And I just feel like our D is due for a little roadbump, although I agree that Ryan is due for a surge of picks.

We need Rodgers to get that come from behind last minute victory. We're not going to win playoff games until he gets it, imo.

Comment

Wait, did you guys forget opening game of last season vs Chicago? Rodgers connected with Jennings on a game winning TD with 1:11 left in the 4th.

In any case, Atlanta is a smart team who makes little mistakes. Packers need to be on top of their game. Good thing they played in a dome this past week, gives them extra preparation for the atmosphere they will be in. Tramon vs Roddy White should be a good match-up. Best of all, with them changing the starting time of the game, I'll be able to get it here in CA

as for a prediction, I got this being a close game with the Pack wining 24-20

Comment

Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
          Wait, did you guys forget opening game of last season vs Chicago? Rodgers connected with Jennings on a game winning TD with 1:11 left in the 4th.
          I did forget. :(

Still, he needs to improve from 1 out of 12 or however many chances.

Comment

The start time never changed. It's still a noon game which sucks because I might have to miss part or all of it. Mother ******. I was really hoping they'd flex this game to Sunday night.

Comment

yeah woops, it was one of the games FOX decided to protect. In any case, Sunday should be good. I'll get the Packers game early, then the Eagles/Bears game in the afternoon. By 4 PM, I'm hoping for a clean sweep with a Packers win and a Bears loss

Comment

Right but still, I don't get why they didn't at least move it to the late game on Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                  The start time never changed. It's still a noon game which sucks because I might have to miss part or all of it. Mother ******. I was really hoping they'd flex this game to Sunday night.
                  Hmm, Indy vs San Diego is a rivalry sorta game, not surprised we didn't get it.

Look at that juicy Monday Night matchup though, for the second week in a row. *yawn*

Comment

Here's more from the great Bob McGinn:
                    Green Bay Packers @ Atlanta Falcons Breakdown | Packers Insider

Here's some more stuff from this matchup.

We lost to them 2 years ago in Green Bay (Matt Ryan's rookie season). Everyone knows Atlanta is A LOT better home team. Ryan has only lost 1 game as a starter at home in his career. But they beat us in a close game in Green Bay 2 years ago.

Rodgers had a good game, so did Matt Ryan. The difference that day was mostly the running game. They pounded us for 176 yards on the ground.

Also, we missed a field goal, they didn't. And they sacked Rodgers 2 times, we didn't touch Matt Ryan. We didn't have Clay Matthews then.

All that added up to a close game, and for some reason, Matt Ryan has won his close games, while Rodgers has lost most of his close games. As you guys know, all three of our losses this season were by 3 points, and counting the previous loss to that, the OT loss in Arizona, we've lost 4 close games, 3 in overtime, with Rodgers having 5 series to win those games, and he didn't get the job done. Excuses aside, the fact of the matter so far is that Ryan has demonstrated that for some reason, he's had a clutch knack for coming up big late in tight games. Hence "MATTY ICE".

Either the Packers win by 7+ here, or Atlanta will win a close game and give us Packer fans the same sick feeling we had in Washington, in Chicago, and vs Miami.

This is the box score of our game vs Atlanta 2 seasons ago. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/200810...ackers/analyze

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
                      Look at that juicy Monday Night matchup though, for the second week in a row. *yawn*

Good. Screw ESPN

Comment

Randomness.

-This game is too good to be on at Noon.

-The Falcons strike me as a team with no weaknesses...but no glaring strengths. Roddy White is great, but his greatness is leveled off by the mediocre pass catchers he plays with. Matt Ryan will be great. Now, he's good. The o-line is good. The defense is solid, but unspectacular. I see this game going to whoever can make the big plays and/or avoid mistakes.

-Maybe I'm in the minority, but the fact that this game is in Atlanta doesn't bother me at all. Home or Away hasn't dictated how the Packers have played this year.

-We need to enjoy the lead-up to this game. Because, once it's over, we're gonna be faced with overreactions from the media. Win, and people won't be able to mention the Packers without saying the 'SB' word. Lose, and, our 4 game winning streak is ancient history and we go from Superbowl contenders, to just another team fighting for a playoff spot.

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
                          -We need to enjoy the lead-up to this game. Because, once it's over, we're gonna be faced with overreactions from the media. Win, and people won't be able to mention the Packers without saying the 'SB' word. Lose, and, our 4 game winning streak is ancient history and we go from Superbowl contenders, to just another team fighting for a playoff spot.
                          So we want to root for the Packers to lose?

I hate it when people pile on expectations. When was the last time a Wisconsin team did well with huge expectations on them? The 1997 Packers?

Comment

I gotta feeling this game will come down to one play again, or like the Bears loss, the Dolphins loss, and even the Redskins loss, or the Vikings first win, it will be close enough that the losing team will have a valid argument that one or two clearly bad calls were enough to make the difference in who won or lost.

They're not always "excuses". They're often as valid as fumbles or tipped passes that find a defensive guy.

Ask yourself this: if it does come down to the final 2-4 minutes, who would you put your money on to come away with the tight win?

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                              I gotta feeling this game will come down to one play again, or like the Bears loss, the Dolphins loss, and even the Redskins loss, or the Vikings first win, it will be close enough that the losing team will have a valid argument that one or two clearly bad calls were enough to make the difference in who won or lost.

They're not always "excuses". They're often as valid as fumbles or tipped passes that find a defensive guy.

Ask yourself this: if it does come down to the final 2-4 minutes, who would you put your money on to come away with the tight win?
                              Falcons, the offense has guys with more experience than the Packers, even if the Packers' offense is more talented, but it's even at the moment(injuries make it either way)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information