Packers-Patriots, Week 15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
    I'm down on McCarthy because his teams are 2-14 in close games like this. I wasn't expecting a win, and I'm not even that upset over a loss tonight(considerng how well they played) but time and time again they just find ways to NOT seal the deal at the end. I wish that would change

in any case....hoping the Vikes can somehow steal a game tomorrow. Packers control their destiny either way, and thats all that matters. It's on them now. 2 home games to finish it out. They need to treat each as a playoff game
    Ok, so who do you want coaching this team then?
    Rock Jock

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox

Comment

• Originally posted by RockJock07 View Post
      Ok, so who do you want coaching this team then?
      Don't know who is available. I wouldn't want Gruden. Cowher would be nice but that's a pipedream. Give me some time to research a bit more, I'm buzzed and venting. GIve me a break lol

I think McCarthy gets another year(justified) but I just worry that his teams just cant win the big one. They've had 6 close defeats this year....and if you want to go back, their last 8 losses have all been nailbiters, starting with the last second loss to Pitt last year

just hate that at the end of games, I have all this hope, but in the back of my mind I'm expecting them to somehow blow it.

Comment

• I don't want McCarthy to be fired, but if anyone were to replace him I'd want it to be Capers. We'd have to find a real offensive coordinator though. Joe Philbin isn't going to cut it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
          Don't know who is available. I wouldn't want Gruden. Cowher would be nice but that's a pipedream. Give me some time to research a bit more, I'm buzzed and venting. GIve me a break lol

I think McCarthy gets another year(justified) but I just worry that his teams just cant win the big one. They've had 6 close defeats this year....and if you want to go back, their last 8 losses have all been nailbiters, starting with the last second loss to Pitt last year

just hate that at the end of games, I have all this hope, but in the back of my mind I'm expecting them to somehow blow it.
          Fair enough, and i understand because im pissed too. I just don't think firing MM helps the Packers and more importantly, the development of Aaron Rodgers.

I look at the Miami game as a very disappointing loss and even last week because that was det and it was in the NFC but injuries have really just gutted this team and seemingly MM and his entire staff deserve alot of credit for even having this team in contention.

By no means is MM perfect and i question his play calling sometimes but when you look at what Aaron has become under him and the fact that he hired Dom Mike is a very solid football coach.
          Rock Jock

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox

Comment

• Our kick units once again were -7 net for us, just like the Bears game, and the Falcons game.

Against good teams, special teams often makes a difference.

When was the last time that was a + one for us against a good team?
            1997 Super Bowl?

Comment

• Oh, no doubt, McCarthy definitely is great at developing QB's. We saw what he did with Aaron Brooks during his time in New Orleans, and no doubt he's been a huge help to the development of Rodgers and now, obviously Flynn. No question about that

TBH, I think McCarthy would be a better overall coach if he got some help with the playcalling. It seems with him calling th eplays, he can't really focus on the other aspects, like motivating the team from the sideline, clock management, and challenges, etc. I'd like to see what he and this team can do if he had a a O Coordinator calling the plays for him, so he can focus on the other aspects

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                Our kick units once again were -7 . . .
                When was the last time that was a + one for us against a good team?
                1997 Super Bowl?
                I think you are being sarcastic but iirc it was last year against detroit tramon returned a punt.

On Andrew Luck
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.

Comment

• Only The Packers

-Last night was THE FIRST time in the NFL season that a team has had less than 20 minutes of time of possession, and still won the game.

-The kick return by Dan Conelly was the longest in NFL HISTORY by any offensive lineman.

-On that play, Diryal Briggs and Quinn Johnson took themselves out of the play early, and Charlie Peprah missed the tackle on the lumbering 315-pounder, and cost the team about 30 more yards.

-Tom Brady has at least one horse shoe up his rectum. He has still not thrown an Int for weeks, even though he hit Woodson right in the hands, had another one go through a linebackers hands, and had one tipped up into the air late in the game, but find some green turf instead of Packer hands.

Comment

• We are 8-6, and 4 of those 6 losses can be attributed to one special teams failure.

#1- The loss to the Bears where they allowed Hester's first PR for a TD in a few years. True, the zebra's did let them get away with one blatant illegal block in the back against Hawk on the play, and another ticky-tacky one against Quarless. True, there were 3 other bad calls by refs, one on a TD to Jermichael they called back and 2 on game-winning Ints by us. But still, the special teams cost us 7 points in that 3 point loss.

#2- Miami, which is a bad team that we should never lose to, at home especially. Again, the refs banged us on this one when they called Francois for being less than a yard away from their long snapper, even though he was the same spot on other punts and even though he didn't immediately bull rush him as the rule states. A bad call, but nonetheless, that call was as big as a turnover, and the Dolphins got their game-winning points after that. Another 3 point, OT loss.

#3- Atlanta... after Rodgers comes up Joe Montana-Super Bowl clutch, the kick return unit allows a huge return to get into FG range almost which costs us the game on another FG loss at the end.

#4- Last night, we allow an NFL ALL TIME record to a slow white offensive lineman, where 2 of our guys take each other out, and then Peprah allows the guy to get an extra 30 yards.

In all of those 4 games, our special teams lost points in a close game.
                    None of those games, or any close wins, did our special teams MAKE A PLAY that provided positive points and helped us win.

Our draft in April and any FA signings, and COACHING moves, 100% of the focus needs to be on injecting value to special teams. Start with a new ST coach.

We lose close games all the time, and that 3rd phase always costs us!

Comment

• i really think dan connoly is faster than roethlisberger. . . big ben looks SO slow, and he runs straight up and down. Maybe if he leaned forward a bit he could pick up some steam

On Andrew Luck
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information