X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 16. NYG at GB.

Win or go home.

Nothing else sums it up better.

Prediction; 42-27. I feel like Rodgers comes out with a fire, we beat them on some deep passes and a surprisingly decent run game to take an early lead. They fight back a bit in the 3rd, then we knife them in the 4th.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

goo i hope you are right. that dline is scary. man i pray st doesnt **** the packers again.

On Andrew Luck
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.

Comment

The Giants are missing Steve Smith, and Mathias Kiwanuka, so they actually have 2 good guys out for the year.
      Not as bad as us, but those hurt.

Ahmad Bradshaw is the #1 worry I have on their offense.

I think we'll do fine stopping Jacobs, although we really really miss Cullen Jenkins. That guy needs a new calf.

I Think we'll do fine with Hakeem Nicks. We contained Roddy White, Miles Austin, and DeSean Jackson this year, probably the best 3 receivers we faced.
      Brandon Marshall did good though, but he's huge.

But Bradshaw, the same little b*st*rd who scored the key TD in the NFCCG against us as a rookie, is a guy who can break our guys arm tackles and then score.

You never root for injuries, or wish them on anyone. But they happen.
      I can tell you that if his ankle is the one that gets a high sprain on early in the game, it won't hurt my feelings.

Still, their DL and that blitzing ****** linebacker Michael Boley,who took out Romo are the ones who worry me. I think he's only 225 pounds, but he's hurt a few QBs.

I want to see Brandon Jackson stick that guy on his first blitz, right in the chin helmet to helmet with a block, and send him to seeing stars.

Justin Tuck and Osi Umenyiora are the big worries. I don't have faith in Bulaga because he seems to have one or two total F-ups every game, and in our games where every loss is a 3-4 point loss, those one or two plays are often enough to help kill us.

Giants 20
      Packers 17

(My attempt at jinxing those **** Giants)

Comment

I'm OK with this match up. I expect a game plan that takes into consideration the Giants blitz and we'll be able to neutralize it well enough. If we spread out their defense like we are capable of doing I like the match ups we will draw against their 3rd/4th/5th cover guys and Rodgers will get the ball out fast enough. Also, Rodgers always does better against a 4-3 because he can buy time a lot easier being chased by a DE than a OLB.

Defensively, we have done a great job against the run except for 2 games. Atlanta we had trouble in the dome and bringing down Turner. Jacobs/Bradshaw will go down a lot faster if we hit him like we did Turner because they aren't as strong lower bodied and they are playing in Lambeau, not a stupid dome. The other game was Miami which was right in the thick of the front 7 injuries and before we adjusted.

In the passing game, Eli will give us chances to get turnovers and when we get turnovers we usually win. If just 1 interception or fumble recovery went our way vs. NE or ATL we probably would have won those games. Woodson and co. are going to be extremely amped up looking for redemption and they will get their chances. I expect them to take advantage and that will be the difference in the game.

This is a bold prediction: we win a close one 24-21

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

I'm definitely getting sick of bringing up injuries, but what # ROLB are we down to at this point?

Brad Jones - out
          Brandon Chillar - out
          Frank Zombo - doubtful
          Eric Walden - quest
          Diyral Briggs - quest
          Robert Fancois - maybe moves
          Curtis Young - might get promoted from PS but probably not since it's Sunday and we haven't heard about it

so we went from last year's 7th round pick to moving an ILB outside to a rookie UDFA to a street FA in the middle of the year to another of the same to probably moving whatever Francois was, probably a UDFA last year who we cut this year out of position or considering promoting another UDFA who didn't make the roster...talk about pitiful

edit: forgot to throw Brady Poppinga in that mix somewhere as well

that puts us at our #7 guy starting, which is like 2 rosters worth of ROLBs have gone down
          Last edited by umphrey; 12-26-2010, 11:38 AM.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

This game is going to hinge on turnovers and big plays. If we can force some turnovers I think we have a chance. This is also a big game to start form tackling in. Jacobs could plow over some people like Michael Turner did to us, Bradshaw has some speed to take it the distance if he breaks one, and Nicks is a tough guy to bring down himself.

IMO its a 50/50 toss up but I don't think we'll win. I could see us beating ourselves yet again for the 7th time this season.

Comment

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
              This game is going to hinge on turnovers and big plays. If we can force some turnovers I think we have a chance. This is also a big game to start form tackling in. Jacobs could plow over some people like Michael Turner did to us, Bradshaw has some speed to take it the distance if he breaks one, and Nicks is a tough guy to bring down himself.

IMO its a 50/50 toss up but I don't think we'll win. I could see us beating ourselves yet again for the 7th time this season.
              Couldn't agree more. Just about every game we've lost this year it's because we didn't force a single turnover. I'm pretty sure against NE and the Bears and definitely against ATL we didn't force a turnover and lost by 1 possession. They also all had 1 or 2 big plays more than we did.

NYG throws interceptions and Bradshaw (Jacobs to a lesser extent) have fumbling problems. If we can take advantage of that we will win. Their weaknesses in ball security are the top reason I like GB to win this game.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                I'm definitely getting sick of bringing up injuries, but what # ROLB are we down to at this point?

Brad Jones - out
                Brandon Chillar - out
                Frank Zombo - doubtful
                Eric Walden - quest
                Diyral Briggs - quest
                Robert Fancois - maybe moves
                Curtis Young - might get promoted from PS but probably not since it's Sunday and we haven't heard about it

so we went from last year's 7th round pick to moving an ILB outside to a rookie UDFA to a street FA in the middle of the year to another of the same to probably moving whatever Francois was, probably a UDFA last year who we cut this year out of position or considering promoting another UDFA who didn't make the roster...talk about pitiful

edit: forgot to throw Brady Poppinga in that mix somewhere as well

that puts us at our #7 guy starting, which is like 2 rosters worth of ROLBs have gone down
                All that above, really I think that's a testament to AJ Hawk & his durability so far as a Packer. A lot of people take that for granted.

McCarthy & Thompson do not. They mention "availability" all the time.

Hawk doesn't light it up with big loud plays and showboating, etc. but he's pretty solid, and he's just been very reliable for us. Wish we could say the same thing for Cullen Jenkins, Nick Barnett, Brad Jones, and Atari Bigby.

Comment

Vegas has us as a 3 point favorite. I expected to be the underdog in this game.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Jordyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zz

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Welcome back Aaron Rodgers is right!

Comment

haha eli sucks...add a touchdown and watch them battle from behind should make for an entertaining evening

Comment

Demetri Nance. 7 yards, 4 yards. Brandon Jackson. -2. Shocking.

Comment

Put this in, baby. I HATE short field goals.

Comment

james jones earned that one, great move!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information