Week 17: Bears @ Packers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 17: Bears @ Packers

This is our 2nd straight playoff game essentially.

JSonline poll today asked if the Vikings beating the Eagles was a favor to us.

It's about 59% yes, and 40% no.

I think it is.

I think Lovie will start his top guys, but sooner or later, he'll pull them. And that will become sooner if they have a guy or two go down.

I am worried about the fact that with Bigby out (Derrick Martin, Anthony Smith, and Morgan Burnett already out at S), Jarrett Bush now becomes a factor back there at safety, and remember Collins barely was able to go last week.

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
    This is our 2nd straight playoff game essentially.

JSonline poll today asked if the Vikings beating the Eagles was a favor to us.

It's about 59% yes, and 40% no.

I think it is.

I think Lovie will start his top guys, but sooner or later, he'll pull them. And that will become sooner if they have a guy or two go down.

I am worried about the fact that with Bigby out (Derrick Martin, Anthony Smith, and Morgan Burnett already out at S), Jarrett Bush now becomes a factor back there at safety, and remember Collins barely was able to go last week.
    Don't worry too much man. All year guys have been stepping up.

Has there been any word from the Bears about if their resting their starters Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by Packersville View Post
      Don't worry too much man. All year guys have been stepping up.

Has there been any word from the Bears about if their resting their starters Sunday?
      No team says they're going to rest their starters. But cmon, they will. Worst case they make it like a preseason game, give them a half and then yank 'em. Either way, expect conservative playcalling to protect them.

Lovie didn't use starters 4 years ago in the exact same situation so don't be surprised if they don't even hit the field. Why risk a chop block tearing up Julius Peppers or Urlachers knee? A raging Clay Matthews tearing Cutler's acl? Etc.

I'd expect to see Cutler, Peppers, Urlacher and maybe a couple other guys out really soon.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

a perfect January day for this game!!!!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Possible for the injury luck turn around now thru the Super Bowl, and everyone else gets tons of injuries while we stay remarkably healthy (like the Bears have for 16 weeks) ?

Comment

can we please quit bringing up injuries with every single post!?!?

injuries have hurt our depth, no doubt, but outside of Grant and Finley we haven't lost that impactful of a player...and i'll make the argument that with Finley out of our offense we have been more effective in passing the football because there's no obligation to try and get him the football and look how Jennings has taken off since then.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Here are the inactives for the Packers:

S Atari Bigby, FB Korey Hall, CB Josh Gordy, LB Frank Zombo, C/G Evan Dietrich-Smith, G Nick McDonald and DE Cullen Jenkins.

For Chicago, they are not resting any starters. Here are the inactives: S Craig Steltz, CB Joshua Moore, RB Kahlil Bell, G Herman Johnson, G/C Edwin Williams, WR Earl Bennett and DT Marcus Harrison.

(PF28, your comment on injuries doesn't take into account the impact it's had on special teams, which most fans forget is a big part of the game, and a part that has helped us to lose 3 or 4 games this season.)

Comment

Well Tampa Bay won, so we can't back into the playoffs from a Giants loss. Good thing I fully expect to handle the Bears. I definitely think we'd win even if they were playing all out, but if we can score first and then build an early lead it should be an easy win.

Comment

DON'T PUNT.

And Jennings, nice dude. wtf ANOTHER drop on an easy catch. The corner didn't have his arms in there, Jennings just dropped it.

I'm also shocked he didn't get a TD on that earlier catch.
                  Last edited by Sportsfan486; 01-02-2011, 03:24 PM.

Comment

DRIVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Cmon dude.

And was that a catch?

Comment

bears specialty. Ugh, love DD, but dude has had trouble holding onto the ball this year. Can't have turnovers in a game like this

Comment

So drops and a fumble to end our first two drives. Did no one except Rodgers and our defense get the memo that we need to win to get into the playoffs? COME ON GUYS, STEP IT UP.

Comment

Damn man, right to Bishops hands. Gotta catch that ****!

Comment

Come On It's ******* Matt Forte

Comment

pack keep moving the ball to about midfield then it's just nothing from there. Wake up, offense

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information