Packers at Eagles *WILDCARD*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
    Who covers DeSean? Chuck (PBHN) Woodson?
    Probably Tramon Williams, guys been nothing but pro bowl material all season long.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I think Shields and a safety will draw him most of the night. He has the best speed to match him and Tramon can shut down Maclin.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Packers at Eagles *WILDCARD*

I feel like playoffs deserve an early thread.

38-27 Packers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post

38-27 Packers.
          It does.
          I hope you're right.
          At least we're not facing Warner right?
          But Vick, DeSean & LeSean, and J-Mac.......

This scares me still though.

This I want to see more of.

Comment

I think Shields and a safety will draw him most of the night. He has the best speed to match him and Tramon can shut down Maclin.
            No, you have to put Woodson on Jackson. Don't try to run with him, beat the hell out of him at the line of scrimmage and get him frustrated.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

It'll be interesting. I think it's been shown that Vick is weak to DB blitzes, so I'm hoping we keep bringing Woodson while dropping Matthews as a spy (which works doubly to keep Vick contained and to guard against McCoy screens and dump offs.)

I think the battle is going to be keeping those big plays under wraps. You know they'll come out firing.

Comment

Depends on where he lines up. If he's in the slot it'll be Woodson, if he's on the outside Williams will probably take him.

Originally posted by jackalope View Post
                From the JS Online blog.
                We had the toughest strength of schedule of any team .500 or better. The crappy teams have inflated strength of schedules because they're the ones giving away the wins.

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
                No, you have to put Woodson on Jackson. Don't try to run with him, beat the hell out of him at the line of scrimmage and get him frustrated.
                No, if we're in a two CB formation I'd put Williams on Jackson and let Woodson shut down Maclin. Williams has more speed and has been the better cover corner this year. If we're in nickel Woodson should take him in the slot and Williams if he's on the outside. I do not want Shields on Jackson ever. He might be as fast or faster than Jackson, but he's going to get beat badly if Jackson can make one cut.

Woodson will be blitzing a lot again this week like he did against the Bears. Corner blitzes work great against Vick, and if he can escape a bit Woodson will be able to chase him down. We'll probably play the whole game in nickel like we did the first week of the season. That gives us the best match ups with Vick in there. It allows us to use Woodson as basically a third safety.

Comment

IIRC, D-Jack was a non-factor in week one.
                  Whatever we did then, worked pretty well.

Shields is a lot better now than he was then, but you have to put Tramon on him, except in the slot. That's when Woodson has him, and will get caught clutching & grabbing a few times, hopefully not though.

Great ESPN article on AROD here> http://packersinsider.com/?p=2884

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                    IIRC, D-Jack was a non-factor in week one.
                    Whatever we did then, worked pretty well.

Comment

38-27 Packers.
                      It's not really early. I used to always have a thread up by Monday, and sometimes even Sunday nights. I've just been lazy and wait for someone else to make the thread this year.

Comment

I expect each & every one of you to be fired up now, and to be here amongst the rest of us Packer brothers. Like real brothers, we often don't all get along.
                        But at the end of the day, we all bleed green. And gold.
                        For Christmas, I think we all would trade whatever we got for 4 playoff wins.

That Road Tour starts in the City of Brotherly Hate. If I remember correctly, we had either never won there, or hadn't since like 1961. How fitting, ironic, perfect would it be to start and end the Eagles season with Packer wins in that stadium! That same stadium that caused some of us our deepest Packer heartbreak scares ever...... only until Benedict froze up vs the Giants.

If both teams play to the best of their abilities and lucky bounces and bad calls are non-factors, I have us winning 27-20, which I think was the same score in week one.

But Rodgers will be facing similar pressure as he did this week against the Bears, both in terms of mental and physical, and Aaron didn't look too good, even at home.

And this game is on the road in a very hostile environment. The Eagles defense may not be the Steelers, but they're surely not the Cardinals from the last Wildcard game.

We will need a heavy dose of James Starks in my opinion. Their defense will focus 100% on clogging the passing lanes and applying heat all over from all angles on Rodgers. They will not concern themselves with our run, just like the Giants didn't, and our OL came out pissed off and opened doors for Kuhn, Jackson, and Nance. I think we can gauge them early & often on the ground, and make them change their whole D-gameplan.

However, Clay is not the same Clay as in week 1, and we still barely won. We also do not have Jermichael, Brad Jones, Barnett, Burnett, and they have Vick the whole game (maybe). But we also did not have Erik Walden then!

I'm excited as hell, but already am nervous. Losing in the playoffs when you know your team is good enough to go all the way is like dying.

Comment

I would say Walden is a lot more hit and miss than Zombo, which might be disastrous if he has to contain Vick.

I know you guys were seeing Walden run Cutler to the sideline on a crucial broken play, but I was also seeing Walden lose his contain and shoot inside allowing Matt Forte to run outside for a big gain on the ground- in the exact sort of rock fight you can't afford that particular play.

Comment

Originally posted by Zycho32 View Post
                            I would say Walden is a lot more hit and miss than Zombo, which might be disastrous if he has to contain Vick.

I know you guys were seeing Walden run Cutler to the sideline on a crucial broken play, but I was also seeing Walden lose his contain and shoot inside allowing Matt Forte to run outside for a big gain on the ground- in the exact sort of rock fight you can't afford that particular play.
                            I saw that too, on the big run. He also had another one that he let the edge go for a decent run. Sometimes that's gonna happen with a block from the WR blocking down, but both these times was him doing it to himself..... he's gotta be more careful with Vick there.

Comment

Sounds like CJ might be back! That's great news.... if he can last.
                              http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/112949949.html

Jan 5, 2011, 12:31 PM

Green Bay - Defensive end Cullen Jenkins made his long-awaited return to the practice field Wednesday.

It was the first time since Dec. 3 that Jenkins had done anything but stand around with his teammates inside the Don Hutson Center. After missing the final four games of the season with a calf injury, it appears Jenkins will be back in the starting lineup against Philadelphia in wild-card game Sunday.

The Packers were not in pads, but Jenkins did everything his defensive linemen did in practice, including hitting the blocking sled, running through agility drills and taking part in team work. Jenkins said after the Packers' victory over Chicago Sunday, that he was likely to practice this week, but that he still needed to make some strides in his rehab.

He might have been pulling our leg because it didn't appear he was being held back in any way. We don't know how many snaps he took in the team drills because the media isn't allowed to watch those.

Jenkins' return could make a world of difference even for a pass rush.... http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/112949949.html

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                                Sounds like CJ might be back! That's great news.... if he can last.
                                http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/112949949.html
                                I just fistpumped. Seriously. We NEED Jenkins against Vick. He's easily our most athletic DLineman and he also is hell for those smaller QBs with his ability to jump and knock down passes (which Vick at 6'0 with a sidearm delivery certainly qualifies as.)

Rodgers, Matthews, Jenkins, Woodson are our 4 most important players for this game, in my opinion. Rodgers is obvious and then those are the three guys on D that will be responsible most for Vick's scrambling.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information