No announcement yet.

Packers at Falcons *Divisional*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Packers need to keep Matthews on Baker. I don't understand why they always place him vs. the other team's better OT.

Comment

-People saying "the falcons don't scare me" are pissing me right the hell off. They may not have anything on paper that jumps out and screams "unbeatable", but that's where they beat ya. nothing to game plan against, so ya just sit back and wait for them to decide how they'll beat teams. This is a solid, complete team. They are well coached, they don't make mistakes and they don't lose at home. Time to wake up. We're going on the road, on a short week to play a 13-3 team.

-And, I'm not saying I don't like our chances. When we're on, we're dominant.

-I hope we coming out throwing on offense. We've done more to establish a running game before this game even started than we have during any game all year. this is one of few games we can go into knowing that the other team needs to respect our running game. It's an advantage we haven't had all year, and I hope we use it.

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
        -People saying "the falcons don't scare me" are pissing me right the hell off. They may not have anything on paper that jumps out and screams "unbeatable", but that's where they beat ya. nothing to game plan against, so ya just sit back and wait for them to decide how they'll beat teams. This is a solid, complete team. They are well coached, they don't make mistakes and they don't lose at home. Time to wake up. We're going on the road, on a short week to play a 13-3 team.

-And, I'm not saying I don't like our chances. When we're on, we're dominant.

-I hope we coming out throwing on offense. We've done more to establish a running game before this game even started than we have during any game all year. this is one of few games we can go into knowing that the other team needs to respect our running game. It's an advantage we haven't had all year, and I hope we use it.
        I agree.... Atlanta has beaten us both times we have played them in the Rodgers vs Ryan era, for whatever reasons. I'd rather get ugly W's than pretty L's.

Good call on the threat of the running back now. Let's open with a pitch to Starks, back to Rodgers, flea-flicker deep to Jordy Nelson. Not Jones because he'll drop it, and not Jennings because they respect his deep speed.

Comment

Not trolling here, but you guys really think James Starks is going to be amazing again?

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
            Not trolling here, but you guys really think James Starks is going to be amazing again?
            -No. He's a capable RB that a defense has to account for. He can find a hole and fall forward. It may not sound like much, but it's more than we've had all year. Our running game has been so bad this year, I honestly don't think defenses even acknowledged that we may move the ball on the ground. And our passing game has suffered for it.

-No worries about trolling. I think it'd be great if we could get some fun dialogue leading up to the game. Stop by anytime!

Comment

Not necessarily just here, but I've seen Packers fans talking about how they now have a new found running game and **** because Starks had a good game against an Eagles D that sucked ass. Now it will probably help open up the PA Pass, but I really think he's barely going to be a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                I'm not worried. I think it will be kind of close, but I fully expect to win. 24-17 Packers. I'm more confident in this one than last week's.
                same here, but this season it seems that these are the games the Pack end up losing, and the ones I don't have as much confidence in, they end up winning

They need to rattle Ryan. He didn't pass for many yards, but he completed 24 of 28 passes. Snelling also killed the Packers. Packers are a good tackling team, but for some reason they were awful vs Atlanta in this regard. Need to wrap up better.

If the Packers don't turn the ball over, I think they win. I'll go with 31-21. Pack get a TD to go up 10 midway through the 4th, and the D holds it from there

Comment

Not necessarily just here, but I've seen Packers fans talking about how they now have a new found running game and **** because Starks had a good game against an Eagles D that sucked ass. Now it will probably help open up the PA Pass, but I really think he's barely going to be a factor.
                  Dominant for a Packers running back is 3 to 4 yards a carry consistently, and if he can do that Aaron Rodgers will have a field day. I'm not saying he will, but the guy runs hard and falls forward so it's definately possible.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Quite the lack of respect for the Falcons here, I gotta say. I am pretty worried about the explosive Packers (the defensive unit scares the **** out of me), but just because the Falcon's didn't blow many teams out, doesn't mean they aren't good; they finished the season 5th in points scored and 5th in points allowed against.

I see all this mentioning of this team bringing their A game and that team bringing there A game...let me tell you something. If the Falcons bring their A game (more likely than the Packers bringing it due to the bye), there is no way the score is going to be up in the 30s. If the Falcons are clicking on all cylinders (which only happened twice during the regular season: vs CIN and @NO), the Falcons will rush for 125+, convert >50% of their 3rd downs, and hold the ball for 35+ minutes; there is no way that the Packers have enough possessions to put up 30 points against a good red zone D.

1 of 2 things is going to happen this weekend; I can almost guarantee it.

1. Packers win comfortably in Atlanta 24-14
                    - This is if the Falcons come out flat and the Packers are rocking. The Packers stupid 3-3-5 stymies Turner and Ryan while Rodgers takes advantage of an occasionally very weak secondary and pass defense of the Falcons.

2. Falcons win a close one 24-21
                    -If the game is going to come down to the wire, I have to go with Matty Ice winning it over Aaron Rodgers. I know it's not all A-Rod's fault that the Packers are 2-13 in games decided by 4 points or less during A-Rod's reign, but the Falcons have too much practice and experience in clutch situations. The Falcons defense comes up big with 2 minutes to go and doesn't allow huge gains or scores while the offense can move methodically down the field. The NO@ATL game was shocking because it was the first time in a very long time that Matty Ice couldn't lead the GW drive, and I don't expect that to happen often.

If the Packers are going to win, I hope they do it with a comfortable margin; I don't think I could take the Falcons losing to the Packers in a close game, especially in the playoffs.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I really dont know what to think but if we lose a heartbreaker again I may have to find a nice bridge to jump off of. :D

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

I think that's more ESPN than Packer fans. Everyone on there is acting like he's Ryan Grant in '08. Grant did that for half a season, Starks did it for two games.

I do think he can contribute and be a factor, but he's not going for 100 again. I could see 15 carries for 50 yards, which frankly should be enough anyway. If we have even the slightest bit of a running game our offense can produce.

Comment

In the first matchup, the Packers' inability to run the ball and convert on 3rd-and-short and 4th-and-1 situations was the difference in the game. Even if Starks doesn't explode for 100+ yards again, any kind of contribution from him will be significant, especially considering the abysmal performance in the running game during the first time the two teams played.

Comment

Keys to the Game

1) Offensive Line play

We saw what a 6th rounder can do with a little bit of room to run. We need to keep ARod upright and keep the offense in rhythm.

2) Front Seven on Defense

Actually make tackles and BJ if you could just annihilate the opposing center that would be great.

3) No Turnovers

We got lucky that we recovered most of our fumbles against the Eagles, we need to hold on to the football.

4) Special teams

Brandon Underwood please remember back from high school what happens when you touch a punt...That was just frustrating...But honestly, the kick coverages have to be there. Jarret Bush has found his niche; it is on special teams.

If we do those things I say we win. If we don't it will be like a lot of the weeks the Packers have played; heart attack city.

Comment

the only factor it will have is in the first quarter where the Falcons' coaches will have some sort of respect for Starks and his play will determine if the coaches keep an eye on him.

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                                I see all this mentioning of this team bringing their A game and that team bringing there A game...let me tell you something. If the Falcons bring their A game (more likely than the Packers bringing it due to the bye), there is no way the score is going to be up in the 30s. If the Falcons are clicking on all cylinders
                                Insert Packers in the place of Falcons.

You can say those things about any team in almost any game.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information