Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
    Insert Packers in the place of Falcons.

You can say those things about any team in almost any game.
    Not necessarily. I'd imagine if the Packers were bringing their A game they'd be putting up high point totals and holding the other team back on O.

He's just saying that if we bring our A game and score over say 21, you'll have no chance. And that's simply because our A game means that our drives take forever and a day and leave very little time for the other team to respond. (This isn't saying that if we score over 21 and we win. We are going to win if we can dominate the TOP like we usually do. The Packers have to stop that to win.)

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
      Not necessarily. I'd imagine if the Packers were bringing their A game they'd be putting up high point totals and holding the other team back on O.

He's just saying that if we bring our A game and score over say 21, you'll have no chance. And that's simply because our A game means that our drives take forever and a day and leave very little time for the other team to respond. (This isn't saying that if we score over 21 and we win. We are going to win if we can dominate the TOP like we usually do. The Packers have to stop that to win.)
      Meh, maybe. We did that to the Patriots and they still beat us. Our offense is explosive enough to score over 21 even in a landslide TOP against us. That is, when our WRs aren't dropping wide open TDs.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
        I really dont know what to think but if we lose a heartbreaker again I may have to find a nice bridge to jump off of. :D
        Well, it will be a crowded *** bridge, and we all know the routine by now.
        Every single loss since the Tampa Bay loss last year has been either by 4 points or less, or the final play of the game (Arizona OT).

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
          Meh, maybe. We did that to the Patriots and they still beat us. Our offense is explosive enough to score over 21 even in a landslide TOP against us. That is, when our WRs aren't dropping wide open TDs.

And there's where our defense comes in. While it's not pretty yardage wise, we don't allow the big play and don't allow much scoring. You've got to beat us at our own game.

Comment

Someone mentioned to me that in our 6 biggest road games this year (Philly, Chicago, NYJ, Atl, NE, Phi), that we have dominated in terms of time of possession and yards.
            The thing that killed us was either turnovers or penalties, or special teams.

We can whip anyone anywhere. Can we get the win though?

Comment

wow, 3 days since any packer fan posted in this official game thread?

nobody here looking forward to this ballgame tonight? what the **ck.

i'm nervous as sch*t!
              not because i don't have confidence, i do.

but because it's totally out of our hands, and i feel like this is a game that the refs and the way the oblong ball bounces will decide who lives and who's season ends. just like the first game in atlanta.

i really want to get up on these guys as we did philly, 14-3, but then i want to step on the pedal, as we did in philly when james butterfinger jones refused to accept the 21-3 lead.

my viking fan buddy predicts packers 35-14. dear God, make him a psychic this one time please thank you.

Comment

I'm excited to see what Capers gameplan is against Matt Ryan and Michael Turner today. With Matthews, Jenkins, Raji, and now Walden not having to worry about a mobile quarterback like Vick they should be able to pin there ears back and get after the QB. Of course this all hinges on stopping Turner, and I'm sure Capers is going to have something for that, because if we can stop him, or at least slow him down, we'll be able to disrupt there entire game and put the pressure on Matt Ryan to beat Aaron Rodgers and the packers offense, and I like our matchup there.

I don't know I'm just rambling, it's going to be a great game either way.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Is it game time yet?

Comment

i have been wondering in the first match up we saw mccarthys offensive gameplan was to come out with a no huddle offense do u think that he will do the same thing again today and try and speed up the game or use a more even slow key pace? and i believe we might see that okie look they use a five front defense to stop turner as we saw in the saints falcons game if u keep turner stopped it stalls the whole offense as ryans a great playaction passer that can keep a drive going in short yardage but when having to go back into shotgun and make plays from 2or3 and long he cant seem to stablize the offense. and i know walden had a great game i think zombo would be a better fit as he is more stable against the run game and doesnt break gap contain to the outside i think hes actually better then mathews in that way or run contain although he does lack effiecent pass rushing skills

Comment

I think we really need to run blitz early on. I have faith in our corners abilities to keep their WRs in check on long plays, but if they get that running game rolling they're going to gobble at the clock. We also need to make sure one of our safeties, and not a backer, is getting the assignment to cover Tony G.

Also, read an interesting article the other day that said the reason we didn't challenge the 4th down (no) catch is because Atlanta slows down the feed of it's internal camera system to by the time our booth guys got footage of the play Matt Ryan was already snapping the ball. To prevent this from disadvantaging their team, they immediately put any questionable plays on the big screen.. where the 4th down catch was notably absent.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

28-20 Packers

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
                          Also, read an interesting article the other day that said the reason we didn't challenge the 4th down (no) catch is because Atlanta slows down the feed of it's internal camera system to by the time our booth guys got footage of the play Matt Ryan was already snapping the ball. To prevent this from disadvantaging their team, they immediately put any questionable plays on the big screen.. where the 4th down catch was notably absent.
                          That's been talked about a lot this week. TT and Russ Ball were already down in Atlanta making sure everything was set up right.

I'm not too confident about this game, but I do think we'll win it. Rodgers put together a very clutch touchdown drive last time in Atlanta. I see him doing the same, but getting the win.

27-26 Packers

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Changing my prediction, I dont' think the Pack will put up 30+ on the Falcons D

I'll go with Pack 28 - Falcons 24. This time, the offense runs the clock out instead of leaving it up to the D to ice it

Comment

ahhhhhhhhhh hour and a half to go

Comment

Here are the Inactives:

Atlanta Falcons:
                                QB John Parker Wilson
                                CB Brian Williams
                                LB Spencer Adkins
                                OT Garrett Reynolds
                                OG Mike Johnson
                                DE Lawrence Sidbury
                                DT Trey Lewis
                                TE Michael Palmer
                                Green Bay Packers:
                                QB Graham Harrell
                                S Atari Bigby
                                RB Dmitri Nance
                                FB Korey Hall
                                CB Josh Gordy
                                LB Frank Zombo
                                OG Evan Dietrich-Smith
                                OG Nick McDonald

Quinn Johnson will start at FB in place of Hall, and Walden will start in place of Zombo
                                all the talk this week made it seem like Bigby and Hall would have been able to go, guess not
                                Last edited by BloodBrother; 01-15-2011, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information