No announcement yet.

Packers @ Bears *NFC Championship*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you bet against Green Bay twice this postseason then you're 0 and 2. Personally, I bet on them both times and I'm thinking about laying my winnings on this game as well.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
      That's too long.

Someone at work forwarded this to me & i thought that you guys would like it.

As a Vikings fan I have to say that I am really divided on this game. I want to root for the Pack because Rodgers & Mathews are two of my favorite players, but to be honest I want to root against the Packers because I don't want to hear all about it from the douche-bag Packer fans.

I am not calling every Packer fan a d-bag & I'm not trolling, I am just saying that your team has some of the worst fans to deal with out there... especially living on the MN/WI border! :)
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

The head ref for the Pack/Bears game on Sunday will be Terry McAulay. Don't know who he is? This was the clown who oversaw the historic flag fest the first time GB/CHI played at Soldier Field

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
          As a Vikings fan I have to say that I am really divided on this game. I want to root for the Pack because Rodgers & Mathews are two of my favorite players, but to be honest I want to root against the Packers because I don't want to hear all about it from the douche-bag Packer fans.

I am not calling every Packer fan a d-bag & I'm not trolling, I am just saying that your team has some of the worst fans to deal with out there... especially living on the MN/WI border! :)
          You offend one of us, you offend us all. I challenge you to a duel, sir!

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
            The head ref for the Pack/Bears game on Sunday will be Terry McAulay. Don't know who he is? This was the clown who oversaw the historic flag fest the first time GB/CHI played at Soldier Field
            This may be the worst news ever.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post

Comment

I don't care who the ref is. The Packers deserved every penalty they got in that game. They played sloppy as hell.

Comment

And the Bears deserved one or two on the Hester PR.

Now, what's the latest weather forecast up there for Sunday?
                    Local forecasts seem to be more accurate than when I have checked the weatherchannel.com site. Who's up there?

How cold, and windy will it be?

The great piece of news that came about this morning is on Mike & Mike, Greeny took the Bears!

Comment

It still looks like it's gonna be about 20 degrees out there with 10 mph winds...it'll feel like a huge warm up compared to what it feels like outside right now...-12 in Green Bay right, -5 in Chicago

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Yeah, I heard it's dangerously cold up there right now..... wicked way below zero.

That's the reason I moved south right there....

I'm so damn nervous for this game.... as I get older, I seem to get more nervous. So much so, I barely can watch it live now.... tempted to puzzy out and just wait til 5:30 and find out if we won, then watch it with pure joy knowing we won.... or never watching it and getting heartbreak if we lost.

I care too much and want too badly for Driver, Rodgers, and Woodson specifically to get a ring!!!!

Comment

Yeah, I heard it's dangerously cold up there right now..... wicked way below zero.

That's the reason I moved south right there....

I'm so damn nervous for this game.... as I get older, I seem to get more nervous. So much so, I barely can watch it live now.... tempted to puzzy out and just wait til 5:30 and find out if we won, then watch it with pure joy knowing we won.... or never watching it and getting heartbreak if we lost.

I care too much and want too badly for Driver, Rodgers, and Woodson specifically to get a ring!!!!
                          As a true fan, i would never NOT watch a game due to nerves. But, I'm with ya. Life would be a lot easier if I could just know the result beforehand. It's going to be an unbelievably nerve-wrenching 3 hours.

And there will be no in between.

I'll either be euphoric and want to eat, live and breathe football for the next 2 weeks knowing my team and my city will be at the center of the sports world.

Or...I'll be depressed and want to avoid anything sports related for 2 weeks because it'll just piss me off knowing it could've been...

about 52 hours...we'll know.

Comment

I just get more nervous than ever.... is it age? Just loving the team too much?
                            Soft?

That's part of the reason why I have taken out "Packer Insurance" so far this playoff season. I put a little money on Philly, and Atlanta. Now I am increasing my stake this week, on the Bears, because our emotional stakes are bigger.

NOW, EVERYONE, CHECK THIS OUT: Does this fire you up?

Comment

I just get more nervous than ever.... is it age? Just loving the team too much?
                              Soft?

That's part of the reason why I have taken out "Packer Insurance" so far this playoff season. I put a little money on Philly, and Atlanta. Now I am increasing my stake this week, on the Bears, because our emotional stakes are bigger.

Combo of a lot of things.

I was monsterously nervous for the NFCCG in 2007, but, I was also very confident.

This time, it's not a team I have no opinion about..it's the Bears.

Otherwise, no game in the past 15 years comes close to the magnitude of this one and the game in 2007

Comment

So many thoughts, so psyched for this game, I'll try not to retread any information you've been hearing the past week:

This game needs a name. I'm calling it game 182, the 182nd time the 2 teams have played. Hopefully it will stick, or earn a new happy nickname after Sunday.

This game is massively relevant when it comes to Packers history. Soak it in. Don't miss a damn play.
                                Here's where I'd rank it all time, being born in 1988:
                                1. Super Bowl I
                                2. Ice Bowl
                                3. Super Bowl XXXI
                                4. Game 182

That makes it very very close to the biggest Packer game I've seen in my life, so far. It is very close to Super Bowl XXXI.

The field conditions are supposed to be crap. I believe this benefits the Bears in most facets of the game. Slippery field should give an advantage to down lineman over linebackers (4-3 vs 3-4) although I believe the #1 and #2 DPOY candidates (CM3 and Peppers) are going to have a hard time getting around the edge. I have also seen our DBs slipping around a lot, and I'm afraid of the big play there. The Bears defense is built where a DB can fall down and there is still help to make a tackle. We need long, mistake free drives and the field conditions work against us there. Special teams, ugh, the chances of Devin Hester returning one are way too high for my liking.

Most important Packer: BJ Raji. Getting to Cutler is key, as is stopping the inside run game. Force them to run outside and make Forte try to cut up field with linebackers going at him on a straight path. Also, he needs to collapse the pocket and command double teams. The edge rushers will struggle so he needs to either get pressure or open up lanes for middle blitzes.

Same ref crew that gave us 18 penalties. Good or bad? It's a known talking point now and a nationally televised game. I am OK with this situation for a few reasons. We deserved probably 15 of those penalties, for one. I think it's most likely that the refs either strive to call a fair game or even let a few calls go our way to prove a point to the nation that they aren't Packer haters.

We are unquestionably the more talented team in this match up. Offensively, what Bear would start for the Packers? Matt Forte and Greg Olsen are the only ones who would get reps. Defensively, the comparison isn't as cut and dry, but we were better statistically, better pass rush, better secondary (by a lot), too hard to compare the front 7.
                                Of course, none of that matters come Sunday. All that matters is who shows up and plays with the most heart, the most efficiency, doesn't screw up, and leaves it all on the field. It's going to be a brawl.

In our cornerback group, what impact are we still seeing from 2006-08 where Woodson and Harris were our starters? During those years, it was clear those two worked on the same level and set and incredibly high standard for themselves and others. I believe that standard, that competitive mindset, the drive to get better and not be the one to give up the big play is a big part of what made Tramon Williams and is now getting passed on to Sam Shields.
                                Two instances come to mind. The Jets game, Woodson had an INT that he just took the ball away from the Jets receiver. Tramon did the same thing maybe 10 minutes football time later. It looked like teacher and student. The other, during the Eagles game Vick threw a good ball on a vert route to Maclin or Jackson (I think DJax) and Shields was all alone on him. During the play, it looked like Jackson went up and had his hands on it and just didn't hold on. Slow motion showed Shields was with him step for step, went up with him and had his arm right between the receivers arms and was in position to rip it out. Shields actually had a better chance at an interception than the receiver catching the ball.

That's all for now. This game could not be of more importance and I can't stop thinking about it, so I'll probably have more later.
                                Last edited by umphrey; 01-21-2011, 03:39 PM.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information