No announcement yet.

Packers @ Bears *NFC Championship*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Key player--Brian Bulaga. He got lined up with Peppers a lot in the last meeting. If he can hold his own, it's a huge win for the Pack as Peppers is the biggest matchup problem we have with the Bears.

And, you're right. This game does need a name. I'm at a loss. guess it'll have to be decided after the game. Hopefully it's not 'flag fest 2'.

Not sure where it ranks as far as monumental games. Since I've been a fan, I've watched the Packers in 4 NFC Championship games (this will be 5) and 2 Superbowls. By the pre-game hype, I honestly think the 2007 CG was bigger. It was at home, possibly Favre's last year, the Packers were awesome that year, and favored considerably. This year, we're a 10-6 team playing on the road. But, if we win, this game jumps up considerably. probably the biggest non superbowl win since the ice bowl....scratch that...DEFINITELY the biggest non superbowl win since the ice bowl.

Comment

I get so nervous during the games especially right away. It was a relief last week after we hit our stride knowing we pretty much had it locked up early.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
        I'm so damn nervous for this game.... as I get older, I seem to get more nervous. So much so, I barely can watch it live now.... tempted to puzzy out and just wait til 5:30 and find out if we won, then watch it with pure joy knowing we won.... or never watching it and getting heartbreak if we lost.

I care too much and want too badly for Driver, Rodgers, and Woodson specifically to get a ring!!!!
        And miss out on the absolute thrill of watching us live if we win? Nah. You need to take the risk. Not like you're going to be less bummed hearing that we lost from the internet.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Why the hell would you want to know the score before watching the game? That takes all the fun out of it.

Comment

Yeah that thrill is pretty much the reason I watch football. On that note, I'm really nervous for this game, I always hate playing the Bears because it never seems to go our way, no matter what happens these games are always close. I would love to go out there and just blow them away, as unlikely as that is, but it would probably be one of the greatest feelings as a Packer fan. Knock the Bears out of the playoffs in the biggest game of the rivalry and advance to the Super Bowl with one win...it would be amazing.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Several things:

The playoffs and the regular season showed that we don't get burn twice

1) Vick ran on us the first game so Capers made sure it wouldnt happen again
              2) Micheal Turner stomped on us in the regular season, they made sure he wouldnt be a factor by taking the lead
              3) Hester hurt us the first game, week 17 we learned from it and he didnt hurt us
              4) I keep reading that the Bears have an advantage because of the field condition and cold. I don't get it...Did we become the Vikings or something? As far as I know we don't play in a Dome and its actually colder in Green Bay. This team is used to these conditions and now we have a running game. I hope they drop in coverage, Starks should have a big game.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                Why the hell would you want to know the score before watching the game? That takes all the fun out of it.
                On the 50% chance that we lost, that's why. Then I wouldn't watch the game and see Driver and Rodger's heart broken out there, which breaks mine.
                I don't want to see us lose. If we lose, I don't want to see it.

.... but on the flip side, watching a win live is the way to go of course....if I had a group of 100 Packer fans down here it would be more fun. More fun in cheers, somewhat therapeutic in bad times.

As bad as I wanted to get to the Super Bowl 3 years ago, this is more because of the extra heartbreak on us and Driver and Woodson, and because I respect Rodgers so much more than Farve.

Comment

no offense man but that's dumb. You watch the game for entertainment. If you get that worked up over a football game, to the point where you can't watch it and enjoy it, you need to reexamine your priorities.

With a win Sunday, Aaron Rodgers can win as many road playofff games as Brett Favre did in his career.
                  Interesting.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
                    I'll either be euphoric and want to eat, live and breathe football for the next 2 weeks knowing my team and my city will be at the center of the sports world.

I'm not so sure that is a good thing- just in the NFC championship coverage I've read/heard some really stupid things said about the Packers, good and bad. I'd probably ignore a lot of the coverage to tell you the truth.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                      no offense man but that's dumb. You watch the game for entertainment. If you get that worked up over a football game, to the point where you can't watch it and enjoy it, you need to reexamine your priorities.

Interesting.
                      Apparently the record for road playoff wins, CAREER, is like 3 or 4. Seriously. They said on ESPN that Sanchez had tied the career road playoff win record.

It seems insane.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                        Well here's how I can explain it.
                        There are some professional athletes who's mom or dad sometimes do not watch their games because they are just too nervous. Most do obviously, but some don't. Some cannot..... I've just had my heart broken by this team too many times, scars.

From Denver in the Super Bowl, San Fran in the playoffs the next year when the refs screwed us on Rice's fumble and then TO somehow scored, to the embarrassment in St Louis, to the home losses to Atlanta, to the terrible Culpepper-led Vikings in Green Bay, to the horrific loss in Philly, the choke job 1 play away from the Super Bowl that I had tickets to against the Giants, to last year in Arizona when we all expected to win.... it builds up a lot of scar tissue. The most painful parts of all of those were watching it unfold live!

Had I waited 3 hours and just heard about the losses, and not watched it, I don't think it would have lasted this long, the heartbreaks!
                        Is that comprehendable for you?

I think it makes perfect sense, but again, on the flip side, if we win, I miss out on the live action, the historical highs!

I'm pretty sure I will watch it live but am probably going to go with my few family members to a local sportsbar in Dallas that supposedly is mostly a Packer bar. Need to be with a huge group of fellow cheeseheads!

Comment

Aaron Rodgers in the red zone during the playoffs: 12-of-12, 102 yards, 6 TD

Comment

tomorrow.

so nervous. might have to try to make this game a social situation to take the edge off.

Comment

Last year's Arizona game was one of the most exciting games I've ever seen. I would have been pissed if I'd missed it live.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
                                tomorrow.

so nervous. might have to try to make this game a social situation to take the edge off.
                                Thats what I'm talking about.
                                I found a sportsbar here in the DWF area that's 100% Packers.... perfect.
                                Except they say to get there by 10 am tomorrow..... and it's smoke-filled.
                                I can put up with the smoke-filled part with fellow Packer fans, but damn, I gotta sit there for over 4 hours before the game starts?

WTH.....

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information