No announcement yet.

Questions about QB Matt Flynn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't see us trading Flynn unless a ridiculous offer comes in. The guy knows the offense, has been in the system and apart from anything else, the style of Rodgers' play does increase his risk of taking hits on the run.

As to Flynn himself - I think part of the reason he showed so well is because there's precious little tape on the guy - if he has to step in more often I suspect teams will find ways to get at the guy's weaknesses.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilMonkey View Post
      he wont be traded. I don't get the "let's get something out of him while we still can" thoughts. Who would our backup be exactly if we trade him?? His best value to the team is being on the team as the backup QB and MM and TT see that.
      Right, this is the bottom line truth, really there's no discussion here other than a few fans ideas. The Packers themselves have no interest, desire, or plans to trade their backup QB at this point in time, especially with Rodgers coming off the concussions.

Plus don't forget this CBA mess.... which I think helps the Packers a lot because it's going to limit off-season movement on teams. We're stable. Most teams aren't. We all get to draft -maybe- but we also get 15 people off IR if we want them.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
        Right, this is the bottom line truth, really there's no discussion here other than a few fans ideas. The Packers themselves have no interest, desire, or plans to trade their backup QB at this point in time, especially with Rodgers coming off the concussions.

Plus don't forget this CBA mess.... which I think helps the Packers a lot because it's going to limit off-season movement on teams. We're stable. Most teams aren't. We all get to draft -maybe- but we also get 15 people off IR if we want them.
        That's the only reason. If the Packers are offered a descent pick for Flynn they'd take it, as they should. Its all a game and until a new CBA is reached we won't know the ending. The longer the wait the greater the odds of Flynn returning.

Plus how many teams can afford to lose their starting QB and still remain a playoff team? Flynn is solid and showed some promise but realistically, if gameplanned for I think we'd be in trouble. He still lacks the experience and there's game tape on him now.

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information