Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Bay Packers to make a trade with the Patriots?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way I would take Ted Ginn. Yea, he's fast BUT he's a track athlete. So was Michael Bennet and he hasn't done much. Bad hands and has been player WR too long. I don't think he'll be a complete bust but I don't see him being much more than a good return man. He's what 5'9" 170lbs too? Yikes. Just no.

Buy yea, I might do that trade with New England. I'd rather move down with SD though. We need a RB bad.

Comment

Originally posted by MrQL View Post
      No way I would take Ted Ginn. Yea, he's fast BUT he's a track athlete. So was Michael Bennet and he hasn't done much. Bad hands and has been player WR too long. I don't think he'll be a complete bust but I don't see him being much more than a good return man. He's what 5'9" 170lbs too? Yikes. Just no.

Buy yea, I might do that trade with New England. I'd rather move down with SD though. We need a RB bad.
      When you're comparing to players with speed it probably best not to compare running backs with wide receivers. RBs have to run through holes and make cuts and their speed isn't always to their advantage but with a WR like Ted Ginn his speed will keep CBs on their heels and they have to respect his ability to stretch the field.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by MrQL View Post
        He's what 5'9" 170lbs too? Yikes. Just no.
        Ginn's about 6'0, 178-180 ish. and he's still learning the wideout position, he played DB in High school and was recruited as such. He's got too much potential to pass on if he falls to us. He will at the very least provide an amazing option on fly routes, and special teams.

My only worry would be his physicality, he'll be jammed off the line a lot more and a lot harder in the NFL, im not sure if he'll be able to beat the jam very well. He's not the prototype Over the middle possession guy, but we have 2 guys who can do that just fine right now. His hands are fine, every Wideout drops some balls, and if a guy like TO can drop 18-19 balls and remain on a team, Ginn wont be anything of a problem. His routes are a lot better than I thought they were, deep patterns are definitely his forte.
        Last edited by FLORIDA PACKER; 03-28-2007, 06:16 PM.

Comment

This draft us stocked with people who ran 4.3
          Josh Wilson
          Yamon Figurs
          Audrae Allison
          One of these guys could be drafted later on(although Alliso might me a 2nd rounder) and play KR/PR

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
            This draft us stocked with people who ran 4.3
            Josh Wilson
            Yamon Figurs
            Audrae Allison
            One of these guys could be drafted later on(although Alliso might me a 2nd rounder) and play KR/PR
            Wilson and Allison are going to be Day 1 picks and I feel that the Packers may be enticed to bring in a guy like Allison in round 2 if they are unable to land Moss. People really don't know much about him b/c he played at a small scholl but in watching tape on him he has all the necessary tools to be a potential Pro-Bowl type player in this league.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information