Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Bay Packers to make a trade with the Patriots?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Bay Packers to make a trade with the Patriots?

It is rumored that the Chargers would part with Michael Turner for a second round pick. Also it is rumored that the Patriots will trade their 24th overall pick and their 28th overall pick for the Packers' 16th overall pick If this is true here is my mock draft.

1st 24th Ted Ginn/WR/ Ohio State
    1st 28th Greg Olson/TE/Miami
    2nd 47th traded for Michael Turner/HB/San Diego Chargers
    3rd 78th David Irons/CB/Auburn
    4th 108th Brandon Jackson/HB/Nebraska
    5th 147th Mike Walker/WR/Central Florida
    6th 178th John Talley/CB/Duke
    7th 209th Justin Hickman/DE/UCLA
    7th 216th Herbert Taylor/OT/TCU
    7th 243rd Mark Zalewski/LB/Wisconsin

Ted Ginn is lightning and Greg Olson has the potential to be as good as any Miami tight end ever (includes Jeremy Schockey and Kellen Winslow). Michael Turner looks like he could be an elite NFL halfback. Just watch him.

Comment

Its unlikly that Ginn and Olsen will fall that far. Im also not in favor of Ginn, should have stayed for a year. Rumors can say what they want, but I also doubt we will trade for Turner, but he could very easily happen. Then why would we draft Jackson if we had Turner. Morency and Herron have prooved to be sufficient backups, Morency could even be a starter considering he had a 100yd game this year. Once again why would we draft two WRs when we have Jennings, Driver and great potential in Martin. Same deal with Talley, we need a S more than WR and CB. Hickman would be a waste of a pick if we dont trade KGB.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

That may be your opinion but you are obviously wrong. Ted Ginn could end up being the best deep threat ever. Also he is a great return man. Also you never have to many good halfbacks so that is why I had them pick Brandon Jackson. I like Morency but I would like to see him used more as a third down back. Also other than Driver and Jennings the Packers do not have anything at WR. Martin and Holliday might be able to make it as #4 or #5 but the Packers need a stud WR like Ginn and could use a young WR to develop to be their #4 and maybe someday their #2 or #3.

Comment

Mike Walker has a lot of potential. He is big and fast. He could be this draft's Marques Colston.

Comment

Also I would consider Robert Meachem instead of Ted Ginn but I took Ginn because of his return abilities and his world class speed and athleticism.

Comment

1. Greg Olsen, TE, Miami
              1. Michael Griffin, SS, Texas
              2. Craig Davis, WR, LSU
              3. Tony Hunt, RB, Penn State
              4. Rory Johnson, OLB, Ole Miss
              5. Keith Jackson, DT, Arkansas
              6. Chase Johnson, OT, Wyoming
              7. Mike Otto, OT, Purdue

Thats more like it.

Comment

I agree that the Packers need a safety but not in the first and I do not think that the Packers will take one since they seem to have confidence in Manuel or Underwood.

Comment

Originally posted by 50 View Post
                  That may be your opinion but you are obviously wrong. Ted Ginn could end up being the best deep threat ever. Also he is a great return man. Also you never have to many good halfbacks so that is why I had them pick Brandon Jackson. I like Morency but I would like to see him used more as a third down back. Also other than Driver and Jennings the Packers do not have anything at WR. Martin and Holliday might be able to make it as #4 or #5 but the Packers need a stud WR like Ginn and could use a young WR to develop to be their #4 and maybe someday their #2 or #3.
                  Driver, Jennings and Ginn are all the same type of WR's so there is no way we take Ginn. Also Martin is capable of being our #3 reciever after what he showed me with his playing time, his performance against Chicago didnt hurt either. To me Ginn is a Troy williamson waiting to happen.

Comment

So why waste a first on a #2 WR when we could get someone like Moss in a trade for a 2nd or 3rd or the 6-6 stud Matt Trannon. If he got speed he'd be a great deep threat. Also best deep threat ever?

Comment

Well, I have to agree that i do have my doubts about Ginn but how is he similar to Driver and Jennings. Ginn is more like Steve Smith but only faster. Also they could take Robert Meachem instead (I think he should be a top 10 pick so I obviously like him a lot).

Comment

There is nothing wrong with have three wr that are all about 6'0".

Comment

I agree that the Packers need a safety but not in the first and I do not think that the Packers will take one since they seem to have confidence in Manuel or Underwood.
                          If I had a dime for everytime a S screwed up coverage and made Harris/Woodson/ other CB's look bad

Comment

Ginn is just so fast. Leon Hall looked like a fool when he tried to cover Ted Ginn.

Comment

source of rumor? wow thats dumb on there part but a steel for us.

1st 24th WR R. Meachem
                              1st 28th SS M . Griffin
                              2nd 47th traded for Michael Turner/HB/San Diego Chargers
                              3rd ( Trade up) TE Ben Patrick
                              4th 108th OLB A. Barnes
                              4th(trade Barry) Trade along with 78
                              5th Keith Jackson jr.
                              6th 178th CB John Tally
                              7th WR M. Trannon
                              7th ?
                              7th ?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information