No announcement yet.

Milwaukee Brewers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Ben is on the mound today as the Brewers go for their fourth straight win.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

The Brewers' offense has been struggling quite a bit on this road trip but hopefully they'll find their bats against the Reds at Great American Ballpark. Capuano faces Milton tomorrow in a battle of southpaws. Go Crew!

Comment

Grand Slam Billy Hall!

Comment

wow, can't believe i haven't posted in this awesome thread yet. i'm probably a bigger brewer fan than a packer fan. i'm so pumped that they're gonna have a winning road trip against the cards, marlins and reds. asking for a win tonight is almost greedy...but we haven't had the brooms out all year.

so, how long before ryan braun ends up in milwaukee? personally, i think they're just looking for a reason now. they say his defense is the problem and he can't hit the broad side of a barn when he's throwing...luckily, our first baseman is roughly the size of the broad side of a barn...so, i don't see what the problem is.

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
            wow, can't believe i haven't posted in this awesome thread yet. i'm probably a bigger brewer fan than a packer fan. i'm so pumped that they're gonna have a winning road trip against the cards, marlins and reds. asking for a win tonight is almost greedy...but we haven't had the brooms out all year.

so, how long before ryan braun ends up in milwaukee? personally, i think they're just looking for a reason now. they say his defense is the problem and he can't hit the broad side of a barn when he's throwing...luckily, our first baseman is roughly the size of the broad side of a barn...so, i don't see what the problem is.
            Theres really no need for Braun to be up right now with Counsell and Graff at 3rd and one more year of development will help him. He'll be up next year with Counsell backing him up.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
              Theres really no need for Braun to be up right now with Counsell and Graff at 3rd and one more year of development will help him. He'll be up next year with Counsell backing him up.
              there is no way in hell Braun stays in Nashville all year. I'd be shocked if he wasn't in Milwaukee by late june. Cousell and Graff are stop gaps. Yost has said that if Braun played average defensively he woulda made the opening day roster. Ryan Braun will be up within 2 months. you can sig quote that if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
                there is no way in hell Braun stays in Nashville all year. I'd be shocked if he wasn't in Milwaukee by late june. Cousell and Graff are stop gaps. Yost has said that if Braun played average defensively he woulda made the opening day roster. Ryan Braun will be up within 2 months. you can sig quote that if you want.
                I would love for Braun to be up in the Majors too but the brewers feel it is better to have a player in the Minors a little too long than too short. I'll be excited when he comes up but I don't know if the brewers will make that move this season. Injuries to either Counsell or Graff would be his ticket up.

Comment

The Brewers trot out Dave Bush against the Reds in the mini two game series finale. The brewers won last night following a strong effort by Chris Capuano and a grand slam by Bill Hall. The Brewers are presently on top of the NL Central.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                    I would love for Braun to be up in the Majors too but the brewers feel it is better to have a player in the Minors a little too long than too short. I'll be excited when he comes up but I don't know if the brewers will make that move this season. Injuries to either Counsell or Graff would be his ticket up.
                    well, time will tell. i wouldn't even be surprised if their next roster move was bringing the kid up.
                    #1-he's not even really being challenged in the minors anymore. he has nothing else to prove or learn offensively.
                    #2-his weekness is defense. get him up, let him work with the Brewer's coaches. Dale Sveum seems to have worked wonders with Rickie Weeks in that department. the difference is night and day from last year.

of course, the issue is, if you bring him up, ya really have send a pitcher down in his place. because i can't see any offensive players going down (Gwynn would be the only option and he's done everything asked of him). so, yeah, it probably will take an injury to get him up. but i think he'll be here sooner than later.

and then 2008 will be the year of Yovanni Gallardo.

Comment

• Braun will be up in the big leagues by the trade deadline. He will probably ride the bench for a bit and get worked in slowly. I don't know if he'll be a full time starter at all though. I would expect him to share time with one of the two. Thing is like you said, clearing up a roster spot for him. Again as you said sending a postion player down is not possible. We haven't been needing a lot of relief pitching, but none of them deserve a demotion.

And it's nice to see you back drowe.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                        And it's nice to see you back drowe.

thanks...i'm gonna try to post as much as i can...this being brewer season, and me being a die hard fan, this will probably be my favorite thread.

Comment

• I hate to say it because I really like him and he's played really well, but this might be the year to trade Jenkins

Comment

I hate to say it because I really like him and he's played really well, but this might be the year to trade Jenkins
                            It is his contract year and we have Hall, Hart, Gwynn, and Gross with Mench maybe heading out the door. If we can get an outfield prospect and other minor leaguers I say go for it.

Comment

I hate to say it because I really like him and he's played really well, but this might be the year to trade Jenkins
                              I'd hate to see Jenkins go. It'd be kind of sad actually. He's been in Milwaukee while we sucked something awful. Now when everything's looking up, he's out the door.

On a different note, anybody got anything on Yovani Gallardo. I know he pitched a gem a few days ago, but when do you see him making it to the bigs.
                              Last edited by Boston; 04-17-2007, 06:30 PM.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
                                I'd hate to see Jenkins go. It'd be kind of sad actually. He's been in Milwaukee while we sucked something awful. Now when everything's looking up, he's out the door.

On a different note, anybody got anything on Yovani Gallardo. I know he pitched a gem a few days ago, but when do you see him making it to the bigs.
                                for Gallardo, i'd say next year. maybe a september call up this year. on ESPN.com's top 100 prospects, he is even listed higher than Braun. can't remember where he was. top 15 for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information