• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
    Great to have him still here

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Ersan Ilyasova has reportedly agreed to a two-year, $5 million deal with Barcelona in Spain. Bucks GM Larry Harris confirmed Ilyasova was leaving the Bucks, but wasn't sure which European team he would join. "Ersan went to Europe,'' Harris said. "I wasn't told the team he was going to.'' The Bucks are still trying to re-sign Charlie Bell and Brian Skinner, have re-signed Mo Williams, are close to signing Desmond Mason and are still trying to get Yi Jianlian to visit Milwaukee. While Ilyasova had some nice potential, the loss shouldn't impact the Bucks too badly.

Comment

• Desmond Mason, who played two-plus seasons in Milwaukee before being traded to New Orleans two years ago, is close to signing a multi-year contract with the Bucks. The amount of the contract is unknown. Bucks general manager Larry Harris acknowledged his talks with Roger Montgomery, Mason's agent, were positive. "It sounds like a broken record, but I'm optimistic,'' Harris said in a telephone interview Sunday night. "We had some great discussions today.'' Mason had his best years in Milwaukee, and it's possible he could see a return to form with the Bucks. However, if Bobby Simmons comes back healthy this season, the two would likely split minutes at small forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by nbarnett56 View Post
          Desmond Mason, who played two-plus seasons in Milwaukee before being traded to New Orleans two years ago, is close to signing a multi-year contract with the Bucks. The amount of the contract is unknown. Bucks general manager Larry Harris acknowledged his talks with Roger Montgomery, Mason's agent, were positive. "It sounds like a broken record, but I'm optimistic,'' Harris said in a telephone interview Sunday night. "We had some great discussions today.'' Mason had his best years in Milwaukee, and it's possible he could see a return to form with the Bucks. However, if Bobby Simmons comes back healthy this season, the two would likely split minutes at small forward.
          Desmond Mason is one of my favorite Bucks ever so it's great to see him coming back. As far as Ersan Ilysova, I would have like to see what type of player he would've developed into.

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
            Desmond Mason is one of my favorite Bucks ever so it's great to see him coming back. As far as Ersan Ilysova, I would have like to see what type of player he would've developed into.
            Ersan showed some potential last year but he wasn't very athletic. Thats what I always liked about Mason. If/when Mason/Yi sign we should be pretty deep everywhere except PG. Everything that I've read didn't point to many teams being interested in Charlie Bell so if he does re-sign I think we can possibly make some noise this year.

Comment

Ersan showed some potential last year but he wasn't very athletic. Thats what I always liked about Mason. If/when Mason/Yi sign we should be pretty deep everywhere except PG. Everything that I've read didn't point to many teams being interested in Charlie Bell so if he does re-sign I think we can possibly make some noise this year.
              Ramon Sessions was drafted and I think he'll probably see some time at PG

Comment

Ramon Sessions was drafted and I think he'll probably see some time at PG
                I don't see him playing that much though. I think he was more of an insurance policy if Mo did sign elsewhere. I'd say look out for David Noel more than anything.

Comment

I don't see him playing that much though. I think he was more of an insurance policy if Mo did sign elsewhere. I'd say look out for David Noel more than anything.
                  Noel won't get too much playing time if Yi, Villanueva, Simmons, and Mason are all on the roster

Comment

Noel won't get too much playing time if Yi, Villanueva, Simmons, and Mason are all on the roster
                    I think he will. His defense is better then those guys plus he really showed some offensive promise last season and in the summer league this year. Yi and Villy play power forward while Mason, Simmons, and Noel are small forwards but Mason also has the ability to pay some guard.

Simmons was most effective off the bench when won the most improved player award. If Bell doesn't re-sign Mason could see some time at guard. We might do like we did last year and have a big/small lineup on the court.

Comment

• http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch.../2007&id=26470 Mason seems pretty close. I'd love for him to come back to Milwaukee. He was decent and fun to watch, plus it helps the pain of the Magloire trade a bit.

I actually signed Desmond in the NBA Forum Mock. I didn't think he would really do it in real life too.

Comment

• YAY. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2939260

Man, wtf? "Oh, no no, it's not about the chinese population.. we just think there are other teams he probably possibly will get more minutes on."

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
                          YAY. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2939260

Man, wtf? "Oh, no no, it's not about the chinese population.. we just think there are other teams he probably possibly will get more minutes on."
                          Yeah I read that on JSonline earlier. It makes no sense! We needed help at PF yet they are affraid he won't get and playing time to develop? Hello, we aren't going to sit the 6th overall pick!

Comment

• You'll be forced to trade him now. Sucks cause at 6, you had to take him. Talk about a trap. As a Magic fan, this makes me laugh. It's a similar situation to Fran Vazquez. LOL! ...at least you guys can trade him since he's worth something.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              You'll be forced to trade him now. Sucks cause at 6, you had to take him. Talk about a trap. As a Magic fan, this makes me laugh. It's a similar situation to Fran Vazquez. LOL! ...at least you guys can trade him since he's worth something.
                              I hope Larry Harris sticks with his decission. Don't let Yi whine and ***** his way out of town, he knew what he was getting into before entering the draft now deal with it. They're just making up reasons now. He'd see plenty of playing time, and Milwaukee should be a good team. Had we not had all the injuries we probably would have made the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                You'll be forced to trade him now. Sucks cause at 6, you had to take him. Talk about a trap. As a Magic fan, this makes me laugh. It's a similar situation to Fran Vazquez. LOL! ...at least you guys can trade him since he's worth something.
                                I highly doubt that we trade him. For one, we don't need anyone in return. Our roster is pretty much set now that Mo Williams re-signed. Larry harris will play hardball and yet again call their bluff. Its alot different that Fran Vazquz because China wants him in the US. They, along with Nike, want to market him in time for the Olympics which are in China. We still hold all the cards so if he goes back to China, oh well, we are out of the #6 pick. We don't have to pay him so I don't view it as a huge loss - just that of a high draft pick - which we didn't neccessarly need.

Yi himself still hasn't said what he wants. Its not him making the decisions.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information