No announcement yet.

Milwaukee Bucks Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope we piss off that "Chinese Club" as much as possible by not trading Yi

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
      I hope we piss off that "Chinese Club" as much as possible by not trading Yi
      Exactally. At this point I could care less about possibly losing the 6th overall pick. Stick to them and force their hand. Either play in Milwaukee or catch the red eye back to China.

Comment

• I think it's stupid. No other player could do this without ridicule so why should he get an exemption because he is from China? When he entered the draft he knew that he could get picked by any team so if he didn't like that concept then he shouldn't have entered.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by umphrey View Post
          I think it's stupid. No other player could do this without ridicule so why should he get an exemption because he is from China? When he entered the draft he knew that he could get picked by any team so if he didn't like that concept then he shouldn't have entered.
          It has nothing to do with him being Chinese, all kinds of players from all kinds of places do this (see Steve Francis) Also saying losing the 6th overall pick is not a big deal is ridiculous, losing a pick anywhere in the lottery is a big deal. The Bucks are not a team thats going to do anything next year with or without Yi, but not having him would highly jeopardize their future and potential as a team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
            It has nothing to do with him being Chinese, all kinds of players from all kinds of places do this (see Steve Francis) Also saying losing the 6th overall pick is not a big deal is ridiculous, losing a pick anywhere in the lottery is a big deal. The Bucks are not a team thats going to do anything next year with or without Yi, but not having him would highly jeopardize their future and potential as a team.
            Actually its not a big deal. How many lottery picks actually live up to their promise? How many 1st round picks live up to their promise?

The Bucks are acutally a pretty good team but we were riddled with injuries last season which is why we were in the lottery. Now we have guys such as Redd, Williams, Villanueva, Simmons, and Bogut healthy again. Its funny because thats our starting lineup.

Comment

• So do we not have Patterson anymore?

Comment

• Chinese media reports quoted a Guangdong Tigers' official refuting Tuesday's story that Yi Jianlian would never play for the Bucks. Guangdong vice chairman Liu Hong Xinjiang said Tuesday night that Yi could eventually wear a Bucks' uniform. Confusion continues to surround Yi and the Bucks are probably wishing they would have just taken another player at this point. Tigers chief Chen Haitao was quoted earlier in Tuesday's Beijing News as saying Yi would "definitely not" play for the Bucks next season, but Xiajiang said that story was untrue.
                Just goes to show you that the media is blowing every little thing out of proportain...

Comment

• Originally posted by jbooshey View Post
                  So do we not have Patterson anymore?
                  He is a free agent. I highlt doubt that we'll re-sign him now that we re-signed Mo Williams and are close to signing Desmond Mason. Patterson and Mason play the same small forward position. I'm sure going to miss him though. Through all these injuries he made it at least feasible to watch the Bucks play. He put up alot of career numbers and his defense will be missed.

Comment

• It's a shame really, the Chinese want nothing more than to develop their players and boost their reputation on the world basketball scene, especially in the US. Unfortunately with the approach they've taken with Yi, they're creating a backlash against China and taking a huge hit. If Yi is the caliber of player people think he is, then it shouldn't matter what market he's in because he'll get the recognition. Look at Lebron who plays in Cleveland and is one of the biggest superstars in the NBA. If the play is there, the marketing opportunities will follow. This whole situation is really starting to piss me off.
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

• Originally posted by nbarnett56 View Post
                      Actually its not a big deal. How many lottery picks actually live up to their promise? How many 1st round picks live up to their promise?

The Bucks are acutally a pretty good team but we were riddled with injuries last season which is why we were in the lottery. Now we have guys such as Redd, Williams, Villanueva, Simmons, and Bogut healthy again. Its funny because thats our starting lineup.
                      Even with that line up, its not like your going to make any noise in the playoffs this year, or even make the playoffs this year for that matter. If most first round picks dont live up to their potential than where do the good NBA players come from? Surely all of them werent undrafted or drafted in the 2nd round. Just face it, if Yi doesnt make it into a bucks uniform your front office failed and your franchise will suffer because of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                        Even with that line up, its not like your going to make any noise in the playoffs this year, or even make the playoffs this year for that matter. If most first round picks dont live up to their potential than where do the good NBA players come from? Surely all of them werent undrafted or drafted in the 2nd round. Just face it, if Yi doesnt make it into a bucks uniform your front office failed and your franchise will suffer because of it.
                        I like how you state your opinion as if it's a fact. The Bucks may not be an elite team, but there's no reason they shouldn't be able to make a push at the playoffs with that roster (if they stay healthy), especially in the weaker Eastern conference.

As for Yi, he doesn't really have a choice in the matter. He either plays for the Bucks next year, doesn't play for anyone next year and then hopes he fairs better in the draft after a year off , or he plays in China for the rest of his life while the Bucks continue to own his rights. If China's main concern is playing time and prepping for the olympics he certainly won't be taking a year off. If he wishes to ever play in the NBA, he goes through the Bucks.
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
                          I like how you state your opinion as if it's a fact. The Bucks may not be an elite team, but there's no reason they shouldn't be able to make a push at the playoffs with that roster (if they stay healthy), especially in the weaker Eastern conference.

As for Yi, he doesn't really have a choice in the matter. He either plays for the Bucks next year, doesn't play for anyone next year and then hopes he fairs better in the draft after a year off , or he plays in China for the rest of his life while the Bucks continue to own his rights. If China's main concern is playing time and prepping for the olympics he certainly won't be taking a year off. If he wishes to ever play in the NBA, he goes through the Bucks.
                          Actually he can't even do that. The Bucks own his rights if he comes to the NBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                            Actually he can't even do that. The Bucks own his rights if he comes to the NBA.
                            I know the NBA can't do it, but they should ban his a$$ if he denies coming to Milwaukee.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post

This is an internet forum, which consists of mostly opinions. So what, I recite my opinion in a different manner than the rest of you, isnt that what seperates us all as posters and makes for a more interesting read. Perhaps if i was in here riding your teams nuts you wouldnt have a problem with what I am saying. Its called constructive criticism brah.

Your teams not an elite team in the eastern conference that is a fact. At best youd be maybe an 8th seed and youd be sent packing in the first round. I really dont see which of last years playoff teams Mil would knock off. A bunch of eastern conference teams upgraded this year ( NY, ORL, CHA, etc) and you guys havent upgraded at all especially if Yi is not playing. Just face it guy. Sure anythings possible, hell the bucks could theoretically win the championship (crazier things have happened) But its HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY unlikely. They choose to take the risk on Yi and so far it seems like its biting them in the ass, IMO they should have went with Brewer who is more a sure thing.
                              Last edited by ccB; 07-18-2007, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Somebody needs to send a kid from Disney Channel to show Yi and his agents what it means to play for fun, or some happy theme like that...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information