X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/46853717.html

Charlie V wants to be a Cavalier.
    V wouldn't win them a championship. They need toughness..He's ugly and "tough looking", but not the inside presence inside they need.

I'm clueless, but just an opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
      V wouldn't win them a championship. They need toughness..He's ugly and "tough looking", but not the inside presence inside they need.

I'm clueless, but just an opinion
      I'd agree with that. CV is a scorer, not a defender, and the last thing the Cavs need is another 1 dimensional player and especially 1 thats just a scorer. I just wonder how the Bucks situation would be if they traded Redd to the Cavs a few years ago.

I guess its really a moot point though because the Bucks don't want to spend over the cap to retain him.

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
        I'd agree with that. CV is a scorer, not a defender, and the last thing the Cavs need is another 1 dimensional player and especially 1 thats just a scorer. I just wonder how the Bucks situation would be if they traded Redd to the Cavs a few years ago.

I guess its really a moot point though because the Bucks don't want to spend over the cap to retain him.
        The Bucks' future looks so bad right now. I don't see Redd staying here after this season; he'll take advantage of an active market in 2010 and try to play for a winner. Richard Jefferson is on the back end of his career and we have bad money tied up in Gadzuric. This year looks like the best year to try and make the playoffs otherwise that time may be some ways down the road. Bogut, Alexander, and assuming we sign him long term, Sessions will be the core of this team moving forward. That's not good. I'm am hopeful that we can draft Tyreke Evans with the 10th pick and give ourselves a future face of the franchise. Although this draft isn't very deep, we need to capitalize on our two picks.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

The Bucks' future looks so bad right now. I don't see Redd staying here after this season; he'll take advantage of an active market in 2010 and try to play for a winner. Richard Jefferson is on the back end of his career and we have bad money tied up in Gadzuric. This year looks like the best year to try and make the playoffs otherwise that time may be some ways down the road. Bogut, Alexander, and assuming we sign him long term, Sessions will be the core of this team moving forward. That's not good. I'm am hopeful that we can draft Tyreke Evans with the 10th pick and give ourselves a future face of the franchise. Although this draft isn't very deep, we need to capitalize on our two picks.
          I wanted Redd gone 2-3 years ago. He's a very good player but his max contract hurt the rebuilding of the Bucks if you ask me. Jefferson is only 28 but he only has 2 years left on his contract. Signing Gadzuric to that big contract was a huge blunder by Larry Harris.

Sessions is nice but he looks like a Mo Williams clone with a better passing skills. Hammond wants guys who can score and defend so if Sessions leaves I wouldn't be too upset.

I like the core that's started but it all hinges on Bogut being able to stay healthy. Luc Richard Mbah a Moute has shown flashes and at the very least is a good 6th man. I'd really like to see Jefferson or Redd traded this offseason so we can free up money to re-sign Sessions and then draft a SG to replace Redd.

If the Bucks can free up money this offseason I don't think their future is that bad. If they can't it will take another year or 2 for them to be able to continue the rebuild - but will that be too late?

Comment

• Chad Ford's latest mock draft has the Bucks taking combo guard Jrue Holiday. I'd love the pick but so much can happen in the top 10 at this point.

Comment

• Richard Jefferson just traded to the Spurs for Bruce Bowen, Kurt Thomas and Fabricio Oberto.

Must be creating some cap space for either CV or Sessions. I'm guessing it will depend on the Bucks draft pick now, either a PG or PF.

Comment

Richard Jefferson just traded to the Spurs for Bruce Bowen, Kurt Thomas and Fabricio Oberto.

Must be creating some cap space for either CV or Sessions. I'm guessing it will depend on the Bucks draft pick now, either a PG or PF.
                Great trade for both teams. The Spurs window is closing with Duncan and Manu getting up in age and Jefferson gives them a big threat at the 3. The Bucks get rid of some big salary, thank god, and open up some money for this offseason.

Comment

• Bucks general manager John Hammond was not done when he made the trade with the San Antonio Spurs earlier today, dealing Richard Jefferson for three players and providing financial relief.

A high-ranking Bucks source has told the Journal Sentinel that Fabricio Oberto, one of the three Spurs players acquired earlier, will be traded to the Detroit Pistons for power forward Amir Johnson.

The 22-year-old Johnson is a 6-foot-9, 210-pound forward who was a second-round pick of the Pistons in the 2005 draft. He averaged 3.5 points and 3.7 rebounds in 62 games with the Pistons last season.

Johnson started 24 games for Detroit last season and averaged 14.7 minutes per game.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/48933597.html

Comment

• nice moves, i would have traded Jefferson for Amir Johnson if the cap rules weren't there. We dump RJ's contract and end up with a raw young player who can compete at our PF spot, which we might need depending on what happens with CV.
                    JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

• Brandon Jennings is the Bucks pick. I'm a little suprised. I like his athleticism but he's real raw and I have to question his maturity.

Comment

Brandon Jennings is the Bucks pick. I'm a little suprised. I like his athleticism but he's real raw and I have to question his maturity.
                        I don't question his maturity. He spent almost an entire year in a foreign country playing basketball with grown men. On JRIB the other day he went in-depth on the difficulties of his experience but it helped him grow up.

Comment

• Bucks have the chance to get a really good player in round 2

Comment

I don't question his maturity. He spent almost an entire year in a foreign country playing basketball with grown men. On JRIB the other day he went in-depth on the difficulties of his experience but it helped him grow up.
                            He barely played over there. Just because he choose to play overseas makes him more mature?
                            Last edited by cvv84; 06-25-2009, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Bucks have the chance to get a really good player in round 2
                              Another guard in Jodie Meeks.

Comment

He barely played over there. Smart thing would have been to go to school instead of bypassing it for quick buck overseas. He also called out Ricky Rubio. You need to hear him or see what he says on Twitter because he acts like a kid.
                                His SAT scores didn't come in quick enough so he needed to make a decision to sit out a year and workout or play overseas and we all know his choice. He did make a comment about Rubio, but he explained that he has respect for Ricky and he views himself as one of the best and no one is going to take that away from him. Overall, he's a good kid who's maturing.

I think your underestimating what living in a foreign country without your usual necessities available and facing all the adversity of being an American "baller" with all this grown European men.
                                Last edited by princefielder28; 06-25-2009, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information