Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Milwaukee Bucks Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
    You clearly know more about the Bucks and basketball than I do, so I've got to give you props on the insight. Still...their future is a lot of "ifs". If this guy pans out, if this guys stays, if if if ya know?

    Maybe it's just some pent up frustration from way back when they traded Ray Allen away for 1 season of Gary Payton...I'll live.
    Its really just a continued circle of problems. Herb Kohl doesn't want to spend the money and the Bucks don't generate enough money to make them really competitive. They have some young pieces in place but since they'll never go out and sign big name free agents they have to take risks in the draft and hope they turn into something. The thing for me though is this, if the NBA leaves Milwaukee its not coming back. That mean no LeBron, no Kobe, nothing.

    Comment


    • David Aldridge on NBA.com wrote that Josh Childress will be meeting with the Bucks on Thursday. The Atlanta Hawks still retain his rights, so they can match any offer, but obviously he doesn't want to go back there.

      I think he could be a good addition.


      Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

      Comment


      • Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
        David Aldridge on NBA.com wrote that Josh Childress will be meeting with the Bucks on Thursday. The Atlanta Hawks still retain his rights, so they can match any offer, but obviously he doesn't want to go back there.

        I think he could be a good addition.
        Wow that would be a nice addition if they could get him. I wonder if he'd play more small foward since the Bucks have Jennings and Sessions, whom should be back.

        Smart move by the Bucks though. The Hawks signed Mike Bibby to a 3 year deal and they'll have to fend off offers for restricted free agent Marvin Williams.

        Comment


        • The Bucks might not have the best all around players, but sporting a team with "fro's" of the likes of Jennings and Childress... Dang could be fun to watch.

          Now we just need Bogut to grow his hair back out and have it cornrowed

          Comment


          • Bucks are 4-0 in Summer League

            Jennings looks good, which is a huge plus, because last year at this time Joe wasn't doing a thing on the court. I believe that this time last year Luc stole the show and he ended up turning out all right, lets just hope the same happens with Jennings and Meeks.

            Maybe it is a little to early to say it but Jodie Meeks might be the next Bucks sharpshooter to come around.

            Here's to being optimistic for this season.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
              Bucks are 4-0 in Summer League

              Jennings looks good, which is a huge plus, because last year at this time Joe wasn't doing a thing on the court. I believe that this time last year Luc stole the show and he ended up turning out all right, lets just hope the same happens with Jennings and Meeks.

              Maybe it is a little to early to say it but Jodie Meeks might be the next Bucks sharpshooter to come around.

              Here's to being optimistic for this season.
              Its only summer league but its nice to see. We really need Alexander to step up this year and if Luc Richard takes another leap we should be in good shape. I'd just like Jennings to split PG duties with Sessions which makes Ridnour a trade canidate. Anything that Meeks gives is just a bonus.

              I think the key to our season will be health and how our fowards play.

              Comment


              • Ersan is back, three year deal.

                http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/50980722.html


                Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                Comment


                • Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                  It should be interesting to see who out of Ilyasova, Johnson, Alexander, or Mbah a Moute will win the 2 foward jobs. They seem to like Mbah a Moute as a 6th man type but I'd like to see what he can do as a starter this year. He's been working hard this offseason and he was playing very well last year until he hit the wall.

                  Amir Johnson is a very intriguing talent and reportedly Ilyasova has improved with his time overseas. I'd really like to see Alexander come around this year because when you look back at the other forward the Bucks were also rumored to be interested in, Anthony Randolph, it looks like the Bucks made the wrong pick.

                  We may not do much this year but its going to be fun to watch and see how the team progresses. We're in much better cap shape now and our only heavy contracts left are Dan Gadzuric and Michael Redd (if he doesn't opt out after this season)

                  Comment


                  • Forward Malik Allen is headed to the Denver Nuggets in a trade for guard/forward Sonny Weems and forward Walter Sharpe, according to The Denver Post.

                    The Post reported the trade is to be announced officially later this week.

                    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/51344777.html
                    I like it. We pick up 2 young guys with potential to add to our bench. Both were 2nd round picks so they're contracts most likely aren't guaranteed either. This could be a move to make some cap space for Sessions when the Knicks offer him their MLE.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                      I like it. We pick up 2 young guys with potential to add to our bench. Both were 2nd round picks so they're contracts most likely aren't guaranteed either. This could be a move to make some cap space for Sessions when the Knicks offer him their MLE.
                      I like the move as well. Another minor financial benefit.


                      Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                      Comment


                      • http://www.nba.com/2009/news/feature...722/index.html

                        Reportedly the Knicks have ended their pursuit of Sessions so they can keep as much money as possible for the 2010 free agency hoopla. That leaves the Clippers and Warriors as the next most interested teams.

                        My preference would be keep Sessions for this season at the very least. If a Jennings/Ridnour duo can handle the point then trade Sessions midway through the season.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                          http://www.nba.com/2009/news/feature...722/index.html

                          Reportedly the Knicks have ended their pursuit of Sessions so they can keep as much money as possible for the 2010 free agency hoopla. That leaves the Clippers and Warriors as the next most interested teams.

                          My preference would be keep Sessions for this season at the very least. If a Jennings/Ridnour duo can handle the point then trade Sessions midway through the season.
                          After acquiring Telfair I don't see the Clips making another move for a PG and the Warriors may not be the best fit either because they drafted Curry and have Ellis locked up. I think he'll have to settle for a one year deal from the Bucks.


                          Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                            After acquiring Telfair I don't see the Clips making another move for a PG and the Warriors may not be the best fit either because they drafted Curry and have Ellis locked up. I think he'll have to settle for a one year deal from the Bucks.
                            I hope he returns but money talks and Sessions can also play SG which makes him an attractive canidate. The Knicks were his best suitors though so I agree with you, he'll likely be back in a Bucks uni for at least 1 more season.

                            Comment


                            • Brandon Jennings has finally signed with the Bucks.
                              Last edited by cvv84; 07-28-2009, 05:41 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Hakim Warrick signed to a 1-year deal
                                http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/52196297.html

                                great move, he should probably start or at least get a lot of time at PF. I'm not completely sold on him as a player, but love the one-year deal. He obviously feels he is undervalued and coming to Milwaukee for playing time and hopefully a bigger FA deal next year. Seems like good motivation for a breakout type year to me.
                                JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information