Milwaukee Bucks Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nbarnett56 View Post
    I'd like that. Sounds like Brandon Wright is slipping a bit. I'd still like to see him as our pick. A youngster with superstar potential that we can afford to bring along slowly for a year or 2.
    The nice thing about drafting Horford would be that we could move Charlie V to the 3 and Simmons could come off the bench following his injury.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Lots of Bucks news to get to:

Al Thornton is working out for Milwaukee Tuesday, hoping that he could go at No. 6. Still, if the Sixers are unable to pull off a trade involving one of their three first-rounders, Thornton could end up in Philly with the No. 12 pick. While it's not too far of a stretch that he could be taken at No. 6, that is higher than most teams have him rated. The Sixers are trying to trade up to have a shot at Georgetown's Jeff Green, who is the player they're rumored to desire the most.

Phoenix has reportedly offered Shawn Marion to the Bucks for the No. 6 pick, among many other Bucks' assets. The Bucks are not said to be interested due to the fact that Marion can opt out after next season. And if they did pull off this deal, it would tie the hands of the club as most of the Bucks' money would be tied up with Marion and Michael Redd, diminishing the Bucks' ability to address other concerns.

to ESPN's Andy Katz, the Sixers offered the Bucks two of their first-round picks (Nos. 12 and 21) for Milwaukee's No. 6 so the Sixers can take Jeff Green. Another offer was with Portland, which wanted No. 6 and Dan Gadzuric for Jarrett Jack and Joel Przybilla. Will the Blazers be happy with Gadzuric at center if Oden goes down with an injury? They would likely use No. 6 to acquire Mike Conley, which would indicate that they're set to take his best friend, Greg Oden, with the first pick.

The Bucks are reportedly upset that Yi Jianlian was not made available to them for a private workout in the last few weeks.

The Bucks are starting to realize there's a very good chance Yi will be there when they pick at No. 6, and might be the best player available at that point. They've already said they'd let Yi compete with Charlie Villanueva for a starting job, but Yi's people say he is only interested in playing in major cities with large Asian populations. We're guessing you can add "great teams" to that list, as he worked out for the Suns on Monday. Joakim Noah also refused to work out for the Bucks, so it should be very interesting to see what they do on Thursday if Mike Conley is no longer available for their pick and Noah and Yi are.

Comment

Originally posted by nbarnett56 View Post
        Joakim Noah also refused to work out for the Bucks, so it should be very interesting to see what they do on Thursday if Mike Conley is no longer available for their pick and Noah and Yi are.
        Yesssss!

Take Jeff Green. Hell even if they are there take Green. I hate the thought of taking Conley, only player I'd take over Green is Horford.

My wish list

1. Al Horford

2. Jeff Green

3. Brandan Wright
        4. Corey Brewer
        5. Yi Jianlian

6.Conley

Comment

The Bucks and Sixers continue to talk about swapping draft picks. The Bucks would send Pick 6 to Philly for Picks 12 and 21.

Comment

PG Earl Boykins opted out of the last year of his contract making him an unrestricted free agent. Boykins was due to make $3,000,000 and will probably see larger figures in free agency.

Comment

I was just looking over the Bucks draft history and recently with 1st round picks we have been awful

2000- Jason Collier
              2001- no 1st rounder
              2002- Marcus Haislip
              2003- TJ Ford (one of the few good ones)
              2004- no 1st rounder
              2005- Andrew Bogut (one of the few good ones)
              2006- no 1st rounder (jamaal Magloire trade: BOOOOOOOOO!)

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                I was just looking over the Bucks draft history and recently with 1st round picks we have been awful

2000- Jason Collier
                2001- no 1st rounder
                2002- Marcus Haislip
                2003- TJ Ford (one of the few good ones)
                2004- no 1st rounder
                2005- Andrew Bogut (one of the few good ones)
                2006- no 1st rounder (jamaal Magloire trade: BOOOOOOOOO!)
                I don't even think that Ford worked out for us that well. His injuries hurt us and him playing much better with Bosh just shows that we needed a big man for him to get the ball too. With that said, really how good is Bogut? To me is a bit inconsistant and isn't a great defender. He can score but he needs to become a 15/10 guy for us. I like that he takes alot of charges but we can't count on him for blocking shots. Trading for Magloire was terrible but I liked that we eased Bogut into the 5 instead of starting him there as a rookie. Hopefully we can add Brandon Wright because I feel like we need another scorer and this guy has a ton of potential.

Comment

If we took Brandon Wright I highly doubt it would be for his scoring ability...the guy has range out to 5ft. right now, but he would be a good addition based on potential...as long as Horford, Brewer, and Green are all off the board as well...I might even rather have the other Wright also.

Comment

Originally posted by jbooshey View Post
                    If we took Brandon Wright I highly doubt it would be for his scoring ability...the guy has range out to 5ft. right now, but he would be a good addition based on potential...as long as Horford, Brewer, and Green are all off the board as well...I might even rather have the other Wright also.
                    I really like Brandon Wright. He is a bit of a project but we wouldn't need him to start. I hope we don't draft Conley but more and more thats looking like what will happen. Larry Harris is drafting for his job so he's going to take the most NBA ready player or a safe pick of a guard.....

Comment

• Originally posted by nbarnett56 View Post
                      I really like Brandon Wright. He is a bit of a project but we wouldn't need him to start. I hope we don't draft Conley but more and more thats looking like what will happen. Larry Harris is drafting for his job so he's going to take the most NBA ready player or a safe pick of a guard.....
                      Yeah, I'm hoping for Memphis to take him so we don't even have the chance. I want Harris fired soon anyway though, he's done nothing to help the team.

Comment

• Yi it is! Although I would have liked Brandon Wright, Yi will give the Bucks some international attention and a player who can come an and play right away.

Comment

• Terrible pick...with this pick we get a guy that doesn't want to be in Milwaukee, a guy that needs to get A LOT stronger before he can play in the post, a guy that can't defend or rebound which is what we need, a guy that will mess with chemistry with the pressures to play him when he won't be ready right away, a guy that averaged 1.3 blocks in a garbage league with no other legit big men, a guy that GM Harris was unable to watch personally, a guy that brings total BAGGAGE with the whole government officials thing, a guy that will likely opt out of a his rookie contract after we develop him into his prime so he can go help some other team...what a stupid stupid pick...the Bucks blow it again and take a step backwards somehow with the 6th overall pick...it really steams me when there were other prospects that would have helped instantly and been glad to do it...we had other BETTER options (Brewer, B. Wright, J. Wright, among others). I HATE this pick with a passion...the Bucks need to either trade Yi within the next couple days or keep him and sign Gerald Wallace to salvage the off season...Yi will be our own little Eli Manning...except worse because we might actually keep him!

Comment

• Following the lottery Yi was the individual that I hoped the Bucks were going to take and they went ahead and did so. This was a terrific pick b/c Yi can step in and play right away. He does bring some baggage but he'll be an instant All-Star due to the 1.3 billion peopel in China and it will help the Bucks business side of basketball. I imagine Charlie V will be moved to the 3, and if we can hold on to Mo, the Bucks should be a playoff team in '07-'08.

Comment

• rumor is that Yi's agent is going to ask for him to be traded today cause they are not happy with him being in milwaukee. so what could we get for Yi if we were to trade for him?? hypothetically

Comment

• Originally posted by roidrunner View Post
                                rumor is that Yi's agent is going to ask for him to be traded today cause they are not happy with him being in milwaukee. so what could we get for Yi if we were to trade for him?? hypothetically
                                Yi Jianlian claims he will not be another Gary Sheffield or Javon Walker.

Though Yi's camp refused to let the Bucks watch Yi workout last week, Yi said in an interview Thursday night that he planned to play for the Bucks this season.

"I'm not really familiar with the city, but I'm happy to play with the team and I'm happy to play in the NBA," Yi said.

"I don't know much about the team...in China we didn't see a lot of games. I've never been therre, it's kind of a new city for me."

What else can Yi say? He has two options. He can play on a front line with Andrew Bogut and Charlie Villanueva next season, or he can go back and play in China.

While I'm sure the Guangdong Tigers would love to have him back, I'm guessing that the Bucks will be able to offer a slightly larger signing bonus.

He'll be a Buck and he'll like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information