Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texans' 2008 Draft

The 2008 Draft is finally here!

It's Draft weekend, and best of luck to the Houston Texans in finding good players to help the team for the future.

Discuss the event here.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Lets Go!, Time for the Draft!! I'm guessing Chris Williams.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

I really thought that we would have taken Rashard Mendenhall at #18. But we get a 3rd and 6th round from trading down now.

Comment

The way it's looking right now, I think that Rashard can still fall to us at #26.

Comment

Oops, nevermind.

Comment

I think that Mike Jenkins can easily be penciled in to be the pick now.

Comment

DAMNIT!!! F**king Dallas!

Comment

Daune Brown, OT, Virgina Tech. The pick is okay, it's a little bit of a reach though.
                Last edited by Yung Flippa; 04-26-2008, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Its more than a little reach, to me it's a big reach. Wish they would have traded the 26th pick and picked up a few more picks. Brown would have been there. So far a very disappointing day, not just in who we got, but mainly on who we passed up. Moving that far back, we should have gotten more. Smith is not the smartest nor very savy when it comes to trades. We paid too much for Schaub and got too little for the 18th pick. Unless we find a few real gems on day 2, it looks like that we really have not helped ourselvs .

Comment

Originally posted by BigChas View Post
                    Its more than a little reach, to me it's a big reach. Wish they would have traded the 26th pick and picked up a few more picks. Brown would have been there. So far a very disappointing day, not just in who we got, but mainly on who we passed up. Moving that far back, we should have gotten more. Smith is not the smartest nor very savy when it comes to trades. We paid too much for Schaub and got too little for the 18th pick. Unless we find a few real gems on day 2, it looks like that we really have not helped ourselvs .
                    It wasnt that much of a reach at all.

Comment

I admitt that at first i was mad at the pick, picking a lineman in the first round is not exciting and you like to get excited about your first pick, but i really believe it was a smart pick. I agree that it wasnt that much of a reach, he was the best OT on the board so you have to take him there, and picking up 2 extra picks is big... Gibbs can make Brown into a very good tackle... Plus we can still get Jamaal Charles or Kevin Smith at RB and get a CB like Tyvon Branch or Justin King in the 3rd.... I dont believe you can start judging the Texans draft untill after the 3rd round...

Besides, every year the Texans get a low draft grade for not taking a OT in round one, so maybe we can finally hear the end of all the OT talk... I know im not the only one who is sick of hearing about it....

Comment

I actually really like Brown and the way he'll fit in the offense. Slight reach, but it's not really a big deal. I just wish they could've squeezed a bit more out of the Ravens.

It's nice seeing players like Jamaal Charles, Kevin Smith, Charles Godfrey, and Justin King still around. I'll be happy if we got just one.

Comment

Originally posted by Yung Flippa View Post
                          DAMNIT!!! F**king Dallas!

I knew you guys had to be pissed about that move, Jenkins would of been a great fit for Houston, I was surprised you guys passed up the chance to take Mendenhell and Jenkins the first time around though.

Brown is a reach, but it won't matter if he pans out, the line needs upgrades and protecting Schaub and keeping him healthy was probably priority, I doubt they saw that many tackles going that early.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Does Slaton fit the ZBS?
                            If he does, I think you guys got a great pick there.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                            who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              I knew you guys had to be pissed about that move, Jenkins would of been a great fit for Houston, I was surprised you guys passed up the chance to take Mendenhell and Jenkins the first time around though.

Brown is a reach, but it won't matter if he pans out, the line needs upgrades and protecting Schaub and keeping him healthy was probably priority, I doubt they saw that many tackles going that early.
                              I am not really surprised they passed on them the first time. We only had 5 picks and all the OT's and the top 2 corners were already off the board right before we were about to select at 18. They lost a 2nd for getting Schaub and a 6th for getting Myers from Denver so they needed extra picks. I didnt think they would use a first on a RB since they just added Chris Brown to go along with Ahman Green. Besides, you almost cant get much more of a perfect fit for our system than Duane Brown. The fastest tackle in the whole draft and Gibbs personally wanted either him or Chris Williams. We didnt have the firepower to trade up so we were able to trade back and get a few more picks while still getting the guy they wanted. Our 2nd day is looking pretty good. I like the Adibi and the Slaton picks.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information