No announcement yet.

2010 Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still think Brandon Graham would be best in a 3-4. Obviously his Senior Bowl performance speaks a lot to his ability to play against top talent, but I don't think the Senior Bowl tackles were really up to par with the best talent in college this year, much less the NFL. He came into college as a big middle linebacker recruit and I think he is best used like Lamarr Woodley in a 34. But still I wouldn't mind if we picked him up, even if it is a reach at our pick. He's just a great football player.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
      Would you guys be interested in Dan Williams, Sean Weatherspoon, or Brandon Graham if the top safeties and corners are off the board?
      I like Weatherspoon and Graham A LOT as prospects, but I think the Texans are already set at those positions.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Homer View Post
        I like Weatherspoon and Graham A LOT as prospects, but I think the Texans are already set at those positions.
        You're really happy with Antonio Smith at the DE spot opposite Mario? He's got the ability to be a solid DE, I just feel like he doesn't care and is horribly inconsistent.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
          You're really happy with Antonio Smith at the DE spot opposite Mario? He's got the ability to be a solid DE, I just feel like he doesn't care and is horribly inconsistent.
          We have Connor Barwin at DE as well to go along with Antonio Smith.

I think Brandon Graham is best suited for a 3-4 defense and the Texans run a 4-3(just my opinion).

Yes, I do think though that the Texans really need to find a way to get more pressure on the QB.
          Last edited by Texas Homer; 02-02-2010, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Scott has us taking Price, the DT in his mock. What do you guys think about Price?

Comment

Originally posted by datchapin View Post
              Scott has us taking Price, the DT in his mock. What do you guys think about Price?
              I don't know much about him or DT Dan Williams or the Penn st. DT for that matter.

I've heard that Price is a 1st round talent, but I'm not going to lie....I'm skeptical of taking another DT in the 1st round(Right or Wrong)....and I know DT is a position of need.

What do y'all think of Price?

Comment

I like price. If there is one thing we need I would say that need is a disruptive DL. Price at number 20 is too high, but that is what we need. Oh...the draft.

It so so hard. I think Price is just what the doctor ordered. But on the other hand, he will be there ten picks later. If not twenty. At this point I am saying trade down a few and take him a few spots later.

It is fun to see my comments during the season. Oh how they have changed. DL is a must, unless unbelievable value falls at another position of need.

Untill the DL is upgraded, nothing else matters IMO.
                I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

All along i have been for taking a DT with the first pick, but im just afraid of failing once again at DT. The more I think about it, i would kinda like to see us take Maurkice Pouncey. I like our OTs, but C and G need help. I really dont like Myers. Then 2nd round look at DT or S, i dont think that RB is that big of a need(we are a passing team). It was so annoying listening to Kubs talk all season long that we need the running game to work, it didnt and we had one of the best offenses in the league. I would hate to see us going away from passing as much as we did last year and Pouncey would help give Schaub a few more seconds to throw.

Comment

fix the DL!!! Please!!!!

Someone else get on here. We need more people. We don't have enough opinions on this team site!!!

Anyway-looking at what is available, I am not against taking a safety. Problem is I hate taking a safety this high. I also hate taking ANOTHER DL this high. I don't like taking a small running back this high. I don't want to take another TE, althought that may be the best value.

Best player available at our pick is probably a TE. But no thanks. According to Wright's draft, give me Thomas. Damn it. I hate taking a safety this high!!! I need more input.

The draft is not far away. I need more opinions!!!! Someone give an opinion already....
                    I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

I have nothing against taking a safety high, they have one of the lower bust frequencies of any position. If we took ET I'd be ecstatic, he is exactly what we need. An Earl Thomas Bernard Pollard duo would be pretty nasty.

Comment

McClain seems to think the Texans will take a RB on the first day of the draft. I just dont see it, maybe cause its never happened.

With Hadens 40 numbers he might fall right into our laps, I would be all for pulling the trigger for him if he falls.

Comment

Originally posted by jjmt2500 View Post
                          McClain seems to think the Texans will take a RB on the first day of the draft. I just dont see it, maybe cause its never happened.

With Hadens 40 numbers he might fall right into our laps, I would be all for pulling the trigger for him if he falls.

Just my opinion, but I don't think the Texans pick a RB in the 1st round either.

Comment

Even if Earl Thomas is off the board and Ryan Mathews is sitting there, I think they try to trade back w/ San Diego. If that happened they would probably grab a corner in the late first round, then snag a RB in the second or third.

Comment

You would think with as well as we did last season that it would be easier to pin point what position we would be looking to take in the 1st round, but thats not the case. Last season I think it was pretty clear that we were going to take a LB, i was thinking it was going to be Matthews, which wouldnt of been bad but not nearly as good as Cush was. Who ever we take is going to have big expectations thanks to Cush.

By the way.... why havent i heard that Kris Brown has been cut??? There is no way we go into training camp with this guy.

Comment

Haden's gonna be long gone by us since he ran well at Florida's pro day. Either take ET, or trade back and take a corner would be my strategy on draft day.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information