No announcement yet.

2010 Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you guys think that ET will be ready to start right away since he is coming out so early or will he have to mature some first?? Also I have been reading that Kyle Wilson is moving up a lot of draft boards and on some boards is rated higher than Haden. If both of these guys are gone by the time we pick, then we should pass on corner till the second round cause there is no one else worth the 20th pick at corner.

Comment

Yeah, I think Earl Thomas can step in and play immediately.

I've heard about Wilson's stock rising too. I've also heard people talking about both CB's Devin McCourty and Kareem Jackson could both go in round 1.

Comment

Here is my mock draft for the Texans.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------
        1st-CB Kareem Jackson-Alabama
        2nd-DT Lamarr Houston-Texas
        3rd-RB Toby Gerhart-Stanford -or- RB Ben Tate Auburn
        4th-OG Mike Johnson-Alabama
        5th-FS Myron Rolle-FSU -or- S Kurt Coleman-tOSU
        6th A.-CB Walter McFadden-Auburn -or- OT Sam Young Notre Dame
        6th B.-WR Jacoby Ford-Clemson
        7th-C Kevin Matthews-Texas ATM -or- QB Jarett Brown WVU
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        I have no idea if some of these guys will be there when the Texans pick. I tried to address all of the Texans needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Homer View Post
          I have no idea if some of these guys will be there when the Texans pick. I tried to address all of the Texans needs.
          Not bad, but I think Kareem Jackson's a bit of a reach where we pick. I think Kyle Wilson would be better value and I expect he will be available. I'm very high on Lamarr Houston, I think he's a good pick. Toby Gerhart will be gone in round 2 I expect. I'm a big fan of Myron Rolle although speed is an issue. With how fast Jacoby Ford ran at the combine I think someone will roll the dice on him earlier.

Overall a pretty decent mock, I just hope we address C sooner than the 7th. Chris Myers is absolutely awful.

Comment

Charlie Tanner from Texas is really strong OG that came on strong at Texas near the end of the season.

I have no idea how hard a potential switch from OG to Center might be, but if could be worth a shot with Tanner with a 6th round pick. I think Tanner would fit in perfectly in a ZBS.

Can Caldwell the OG we drafted last year play Center? I agree Center is a position the Texans need an upgrade at.

Comment

Unless we trade back to the end of the 1st round i dont see Jackson as our first pick. Rick Smith is really big on not reaching for a need and IMO Jackson is a big reach at 20. I like the pick of Houston in the 2nd and I also like the idea of waiting till the 3rd round for a RB.

1st round is today, who is everyones finally pick for tonight?

Mine is Kyle Wilson, hopefully he is still there.

Comment

Earl Thomas if hes there, Kyle Wilson, or Pouncey

Comment

Originally posted by Clayton89 View Post
                  Exactly what I'm thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Clayton89 View Post
                    Pouncey would be cool.

Comment

I think you are the only one that saw Kareem going to us, great call!!!!

I have to say im pretty dissappointed that we passed on Kyle Wilson, also Dan Williams fell to us, that would of been a nice pick to. But I know I shouldnt doubt what the Texans do on draft day, they seem to be right more times than not. I just cant get excited right now.

I really hope that over the night Steve Young loses his voice, i cant stand listening to him.

Comment

Texas homer

great call. no one saw that coming!!!!!

Nice.
                        I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

Yep, I still think Kyle Wilson would have been a better pick, but Kareem Jackson will be a good CB for us. Hopefully we can pick up a good offensive lineman tonight. Vlad Ducasse could be a mauler at guard, I dunno about the center value in the second round though.

Comment

Good day today. I really like the Tate pick. I dont know the DT from Arizona, but we filled a huge need.

I saw a deal on PFT that the Texans were in play for Haynesworth. I guess that didnt work out, but I was shocked to see that we were interested in him.

Comment

As happy as I was yesterday I really dont understand some of todays picks. A LB and a TE in the 4th?????? Why do we need another TE? We are done in the 6th and no safety yet????? Maybe we will get a safety in the 7th that will not make the team.

Comment

I liked our first two days, dunno about today though. I like the Trindon Holliday pick, he will be a damn good return man.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information