No announcement yet.

Schaub to Houston

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't see how this is a horrible move. There is no talent drop off between the 8th and 10th pick. I'm sure LaRon Landry won't be available at 10, but from other boards I've been reading the Vikings are interested in taking him at 7 anyways. We were going to use the 2nd round pick on either Kevin Kolb or Troy Smith. So this way we get a QB with NFL experience vs. a rookie with absolutely NO NFL experience. If you will...look back a couple of years ago when Matt Schaub started against the defending Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots. He threw for 298 yards and 3 touchdowns. That is a very hard thing to do against that defense.

Also remember; there are no garuntees that you're going to get a great player with any pick in the draft. We were very fortunate that Demeco Ryans became the player that he was. But not all second rounders turn out like that. Besides, we have plenty of time to recover next years second round pick and could possibly get this years back.

Comment

The reason Houston had to throw in the future pick, and the swap, Oakland had the 33rd pick on the table. So for the Texans to get 'their guy,' that's what they needed to do. Otherwise, hello Brady Quinn...

Comment

I Just Want To Tell The Die Hard Texans Fans:

I Live In Texas, And I Have Wanted The Texans To Be My Second Favorite Team For A Long Time. I Wasnt Against The Mario Williams Draft Pick, Just Where They Drafted Him At. Surely They Could Have Traded Down A Little And Still Got Him.

Having Said That, This Team Really Irritates Me To The Point That I Cant Like Them The Way I Want To. They Do Some Things That I Like, But The Majority Of The Things They Do Leave Me Kicking My Dog!

Hope Yall Dont Take This The Wrong Way, But I Am Starting To Pull For The Texans The Way I Pull For The Freakin Houston Cougars. I Want Them To Do Something, But I Cant See How They Can.

From Your Northern Neighbor
        I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
          I Just Want To Tell The Die Hard Texans Fans:

I Live In Texas, And I Have Wanted The Texans To Be My Second Favorite Team For A Long Time. I Wasnt Against The Mario Williams Draft Pick, Just Where They Drafted Him At. Surely They Could Have Traded Down A Little And Still Got Him.
          Traded down to where? All indications were that the Saints were going to select Mario with the #2 pick after we selected Reggie. Nobody was going to trade up to #1 for Vince Young, since a good many teams like Leinart better and several others didn't want anything to do with a QB. Heck, even if we had swapped picks with the Saints, we could have lost Mario. My guess is we thought that was a real option considering how high they were on him.

This trade doesn't get me excited but I'm certainly going to give Schuab a chance. Moving from 8 to 10 really isn't that big of an issue. We need help in a number of areas so it's not like we might get in a bad sitaution. And now we have room to use a later pick on another lineman - somthing we desparetly need. David Carr wasn't going anywhere here and Schaub has plenty of talent and should bring a high level of confidence with him.

Comment

I agree, this trade isn't really something that I jumped for joy over when I heard the news. The last backup quarterback that was in the situation that Schaub is in now was AJ Feeley, and god knows he sucked. I am not going to write off Schaub by any means, I just think we gave a little much for a so far career backup with only a handful of starts in his career. I also think that those second round picks were very valuabe. The second round produces many great players perenially and for a team in the situation that the Texans are in the second round can become a gold mine.(Demeco Ryans) Although I guess I still think that we should have given up less to get Schaub, I am excited to see him play next year, he definately has potential. And I don't know if I am the only person with this feeling, but i am also excited to watch David Carr next year where ever he ends up. I still think that he has enough talent to be a solid starter for a team for a couple of years.

Comment

When this trade went down I was really super pissed, I wanted to post, but I though if I have nothing positive to contribute... well you know. Anyways now that I look at it it's not so bad. Alot of people wanted to trade down so I think of it like this we traded down. We didn't get anything, but our staff likely was gonna pick a QB anyways so I guess it's like we only lost next yr.s' second rd. pick. Hopefully we do great this yr. and that pick doesn't sting us as much. I can't say I really like everything that transpired, but we could still trade down a few spots and get another second rd. pick this yr. or next. Ey, I'm trying to be positive so don't get on me for this.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information