Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Let's get this thread heated up.

Here's a topic to discuss:

What is the Texans #1 need going into next offseason?
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Are you guys ready to lose...

Comment

I've officially posted here more than any Texan fan... hooray.

Comment

Texans have so many needs but most pressing has to be Free Safety. I have tried to put them in order as I see it. Texans are quite satisfied with Spencer at LT. It a shame he got injured but Texans are very high on him.

1. Free Safety
          2. CB who can play across DRob
          3. OLB
          4. RB
          5. DT

Comment

Originally posted by Grid
            Texans have so many needs but most pressing has to be Free Safety. I have tried to put them in order as I see it. Texans are quite satisfied with Spencer at LT. It a shame he got injured but Texans are very high on him.

1. Free Safety
            3. OLB
            4. RB
            5. DT
            I'd say that is a pretty accurate assessment. I think any of those positions could be interchangable in terms of value as well.

I think a darkhorse pick that we could make that may shock some people would be Brian Leonard. He he is tailormade for our offense, and judging by what I've seen of his role at Rutgers, his transition to Kubiak's offense would be a seamless one. I don't know where he'll end up being projected, but if we can make a play at him with a decent position (without reaching too far) don't be suprised by the Texans calling his name come next April.

Comment

Originally posted by jagfan33
              Prior to the start of the season I had each of the home teams winning the match-ups in this series. But you just never know which schizo Jacksonville team is going to show up. Mentally frail teams should avoid guaranteeing wins so they don't end up with egg on their face.

5-4 series lead in favor of Houston. Here's to extending that lead come Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by jagfan33
                :shock: Look here Mr. Taylor you shouldn't go around guaranteeing victories on any m..... Say aren't you the guy that was wearing the David Carr is my daddy and you openly admitted the Colts were superior sigs? :P To answer your question... ELL NAH!! We're gonna go in and make Jacksonville our home away from home. Whose house? TEXAN'S HOUSE!!!!!! Prepare for another embarrasing loss.... Muahahahahahahaha!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grid

1. Free Safety
                  3. OLB
                  4. RB
                  5. DT
                  I would say 1 and 2 are interchangeable. This is the way I see it though, get a good ball hawking FS and that makes life easier on the CB's so if you land a Landry or R. Nelson then I think CB drops in necessity. If you get a great CB then it should take some pressure off the FS so we wouldn't have to live with a pressing need there. That's how I think it is.

Moving on totally agree on OLB help. I mean Greenwood is Okay at WLB, but he needs to work alot on shedding his blocks so he can make the play and on the strong side we need a LB that can play both the run and pass well. Orr is bad in coverage as was evidenced by the game winning TD he gave up to Shockey. Even though I think Wong would be an upgrade I believe we would be better off upgrading at either side.

DT.... My god we had all these DT's at the beginning of the season and know we're signing FA DT's to get by. That's just not right. Also I'm really disappointed in TJ (Last yr's pick.) He should be our anchor in the middle yet it feels like everybody that's come in has been able to outproduce him or do better on the field guy needs to step up, but even if he doesn't we need a real tackle in the middle to make life easier for everybody else.

Lastly I think we need OL depth. We can get guards in the later rds. and I like Hodgdon, but we need more depth at Tackle and Guards. McKinney and Weigart are getting real long on the tooth as well as Salaam, hopefully we find the quality guys we need in this yr's draft.

Comment

Man, I just couldn't stand to see a Jag fan as the most frequent poster so I'm just gonna have to keep posting. Lol, J/K. What does everybody think of Lundy. I think he's been sporadic so far some games he shows incredible talent and then he seems to revert back to sucking. Not saying he sucks, but he's had his bad moments where he'll hesitate and get taken down. Ala R. Bush right now I don't think we need a 1st rd. rb, but that greatly depends on Lundy's performance in the second half. Do you guys think he'll step it up? I hope so. (I got faith GS just trying to get some opinions.) Also any thoughts on Gado, I'm still puzzled as to why he doesn't get a bigger role. Dayne sucks and Gado can't.. I repeat, CAN'T be worse than Dayne.

Comment

IT'S GAMEDAY BABY!! TEXANS IS GONNA WRECK THE JAG'S TODAY!!!!! WOHHOOO!!! GO TEXANS!!!

Comment

Wow, it's so empty in here. echo. echo echo.

Comment

Kalif Barnes is inactive for this game. That's one of their starting tackles. I think it stems from a DUI arrest that happened (Don't hold me to this) Last night. This should be a great opportunity for us to exploit his backup. Hopefully this will make the win easier. Mario and our other ends should have a really productive game. Thoughts?

Comment

hell yea we won swept the jags and that fan can shut his mouth gado played good 2 day hope carr is alright and hopefully we can beat the bills next week and FS is a need we should traded up 4 sean taylor like every thought we would

Comment

I don't like Carr being injured. Good win, running game was bad though, too bad. Dre needs the ball more.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information