Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PP is probably a pipe dream. We need a CB bad, but moving to a 3-4 we need several pieces. I would love to trade up for him, but it will cost too much.

I have to admit that I really don't know where to go. We need a NT. But we need a CB. And we need a safety. An OLB would be nice also. Safety should be crossed off at #11 due to value. There is probably not a NT there (I would love Fairley but he is not the perfect NT in a 34.) I am not in love with Prince at #11 because he doesn't make turnovers. And there are lots of choices for OLB, but I don't love any of them.

So what to do? Heck. I don't know for sure.
    I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Hopefully we stick to our board and take BPA since we have so many needs.

Comment

• out of all of our needs i think im least worried about NT cause i am anxious to see what earl mitchell can do.

i think barwin is going to be a beast at the outside in the 34 but we have NO one for the other side and that worries me the most.

if we can get to the QB then we can get by with jackson and a free agent. so IMO a outside LB will help the most. Although if i was making the pick it would be Julio and i would just keep my fingers crossed that we could get defensive pieces in FA.

Comment

• OLB would be awesome. I have been calling for another pass rusher for a long time. But I just have not fallen in love with any that will be available at #11. I really don't know what to do this year.

In that situation, it may be smart to trade down. I have not fallen in love with anyone this year, with the exception being guys that will not be available.

I guess we trade down. That would be better than settling.
          I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
            OLB would be awesome. I have been calling for another pass rusher for a long time. But I just have not fallen in love with any that will be available at #11. I really don't know what to do this year.

In that situation, it may be smart to trade down. I have not fallen in love with anyone this year, with the exception being guys that will not be available.

I guess we trade down. That would be better than settling.
            i agree about not being excited with anyone who will be there at 11. although i think Quinn could be a good risk. the only OLB im really excited about is Miller. if he were to fall a bit i wouldnt mind trading up for him. but i dont remember Smith and Kubs trading up.

Comment

• Do you guys think JJ Watt would be a good fit at #1? I guess Antonio Smith will be taking over the 5 technique though although it's up for grabs how well he would perform. He seems like the perfect character guy that the Texans always go after.
              Last edited by jayceheathman; 04-28-2011, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• I want a PP7 Texans jersey. Hopefully the Texans make it happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                  Do you guys think JJ Watt would be a good fit at #1? I guess Antonio Smith will be taking over the 5 technique though although it's up for grabs how well he would perform. He seems like the perfect character guy that the Texans always go after.
                  I'm not really a fan of taking a 34 end with our first pick. I think we really need to get a pass rusher or a corner back. We badly need players at those positions, but we can get buy with Antonio Smith and Shaun Cody/Jarvis Green at end. I don't know who's going to be playing outside besides Connor Barwin or who could possibly start at corner if Quinn goes to FS.

Comment

• Originally posted by America View Post
                    I'm not really a fan of taking a 34 end with our first pick. I think we really need to get a pass rusher or a corner back. We badly need players at those positions, but we can get buy with Antonio Smith and Shaun Cody/Jarvis Green at end. I don't know who's going to be playing outside besides Connor Barwin or who could possibly start at corner if Quinn goes to FS.
                    Hopefully when the lockout ends Kubs and Rick Smith will hop on a plane to where ever Aso is and offer him what ever he wants, even a ZJ. Then we wont have to worry about corner.

Comment

I think I would prefer Watt over Aldon Smith. I just can't hop onto his bandwagon. We never trade up but for once I hope we make a move for Peterson. It's looking more and more like the Broncos will probably go with Darius so we could probably make a trade with Cincy, Arizona, or even SF if he makes it that far.

I think my list of picks would probably be Peterson, Amukamara, Julio Jones, JJ Watt, Robert Quinn, Aldon Smith, and then Cameron Jordan in that order.

Comment

• I wonder what we'd have to give up to get Peterson. That would make my day.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjmt2500 View Post
                          Hopefully when the lockout ends Kubs and Rick Smith will hop on a plane to where ever Aso is and offer him what ever he wants, even a ZJ. Then we wont have to worry about corner.
                          Not even Aso could be worth a ZJ? Do you realize how much those things cost??

Comment

Not even Aso could be worth a ZJ? Do you realize how much those things cost??
                            If you have to ask you cant afford it. hahah

I just read that the Texans are not planning on resigning Vonte. If this is true its one of the dumbest things i have ever heard. This guy was a beast last season. This makes me soooo angry.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjmt2500 View Post
                              If you have to ask you cant afford it. hahah

I just read that the Texans are not planning on resigning Vonte. If this is true its one of the dumbest things i have ever heard. This guy was a beast last season. This makes me soooo angry.
                              I would give Vonta whatever he wants in a negotiation because I'm scared to death of him. We need that angry man opening up holes.

Comment

I wonder what we'd have to give up to get Peterson. That would make my day.
                                I would love that too. I am still crossing my fingers that I will be owning a PP7 Texans jersey after next weekend.

We better re-sign Vonta. That would be one of the dumbest moves we could do. He helped Arian look amazing quite a few times.

I hope in the later rounds that we draft DeMarcus Van Dyke so we can finally get rid of Jacoby Jones and have a guy that runs a 4.28 returning punts and kickoffs. Maybe with some coaching he can be a good CB as well. He seemed to under-achieve quite a bit at Miami which is probably why he will be a later round pick. Granted, if Trindon Holliday can get back to full form then we dont need him as much.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information