This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    I think they are very significant. Would you prefer your guys went all summer without them? I don't think their intended to replicate training camp, I think the lockout will be lifted to still have TC, besides you can wear pads and hit during that time, these are all short workouts.

What their doing isn't much different from OTA's and mini camps. Guys in shorts, running plays. Mostly for conditioning and skill position players. I looked into alot of these workouts, that veterans bring in a speed, conditioning, or strength coach to come in and run the programs so guys are still getting into good shape.

There usually isn't much physicality going on at this time of year even without the lockout, other then rookies really and that's still in shorts. July is the big month when you want guys to get a full training camp in.
    Obviously I'm glad they're doing something, but most every team is doing a little bit, and they'd be working out on their own anyways. It's useful for a quarterback and receivers to get their timing down. And maybe you could say it helps DB's work on their coverage.

The major issue here is there are no coaches installing the new defense, which is the main area of concern. The front seven won't get any real constructive work done. OTA's are for getting the playbook down and that's hardly happening so I can't see these being too productive other than from a team bonding standpoint.

Comment

• Supposedly everyone on the D has a playbook.

Comment

• How do you guys feel about the fact that Rick Smith isnt going to give Foster a bigger contract before the season starts? I think he is going to make 480,000 this season. Which is a crap load more than I make, but very low for a starting RB.

Comment

• I'm ready for the lockout to be over.

Comment

• I'm also excited to see what the Texans look at with Free Agency.

Still think that CB Jonathan Joseph/Ike Taylor and S Michael Huff would be SWEET additions to the Texans..

Comment

• I like this interview with Shiloh Keo, he seems like a real likeable guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ingitFy5KEs

Comment

• Originally posted by Texas Homer View Post
                I'm also excited to see what the Texans look at with Free Agency.

Still think that CB Jonathan Joseph/Ike Taylor and S Michael Huff would be SWEET additions to the Texans..
                I'm a big Jonathan Joseph fan, I'd love to see us bring him in. I also want to believe Michael Huff can still reach his potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                  I'm a big Jonathan Joseph fan, I'd love to see us bring him in. I also want to believe Michael Huff can still reach his potential.
                  You can believe all you want but he is in the same bust boat as his buddy VY, and they are probably partying on this boat with a group of dudes with no shirts on and no females. Besides Eric Weddle is a FA, that needs to be target number 2 for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjmt2500 View Post
                    You can believe all you want but he is in the same bust boat as his buddy VY, and they are probably partying on this boat with a group of dudes with no shirts on and no females. Besides Eric Weddle is a FA, that needs to be target number 2 for us.
                    I would love for us to get Weddle. I agree he'd be better than Huff, which I hate because Huff is one of my favorite Horns. But Weddle would be a stud for us playing next to Quinn. He doesn't play the run like Bernard Pollard but he'd sure be a heck of a lot better in deep coverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by America View Post
                      I would love for us to get Weddle. I agree he'd be better than Huff, which I hate because Huff is one of my favorite Horns. But Weddle would be a stud for us playing next to Quinn. He doesn't play the run like Bernard Pollard but he'd sure be a heck of a lot better in deep coverage.
                      Its really going to be nice not having to worry if Pollard is in coverage or not anymore. I still cant believe how awful he was this past year. Which is unfortunate b/c i really liked the attitude and anger that he brought to the team.

Comment

• Plaxico supposedly mentioned that he would like to play for the Texans. I would like to see it although I never see it happening because the Texans only choose pretty boys. Had Jackson bet on chicken fights before then we probably wouldnt have picked him.

Comment

• Yeah I would love it if we got Plaxico but I don't see it happening. But I'm still feeling pretty good about landing Nnamdi.

Comment

• Originally posted by America View Post
                            Yeah I would love it if we got Plaxico but I don't see it happening. But I'm still feeling pretty good about landing Nnamdi.
                            I'm kinda torn between signing ASO to a huge contract, or signing Joseph for less and getting a good safety too. I think im leaning towards ASO, he is just to good.

Comment

• I'd be very happy with with either Joseph or ASO.

Comment

• You guys love some Hokies.

In addition to Brown, Adibi, and Carmichael, you signed Steven Friday and John Graves today.

Any idea on what type of talent you have at OLB and DE? I think they should both adapt to their new positions nicely. Graves has a monster work ethic and is a natural leader who is a good athlete inside when healthy. Could profile as a nice guy to have on the team. Friday could make some noise at OLB. He came to VT at like 220 and struggled to put on weight but had a nice senior year for us. Very explosive player, I'll be interested to see how he does.
                                Virginia Tech.
                                ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information