This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
    Well, I was excited. Now I am nervous. Maybe the football gods hate the Texans. We have gone through 3 QB's??? Thats not fair, damn it!

On a side note, I was glad to see Harris get beat for a touchdown instead of Jackson. I am done with Jackson. I would rather see someone making less money go suck it up.

I might get crucified for saying this here, but I don't have a lot of faith that this team can do anything in the playoffs with the QB's we have. It is no one's fault, and I think the season was a successful one. But these QB's don't bring much to the table.
    I wouldn't be too worried based on todays game, we did after all sit several players and put in a lot of backups near the end.

I think we've got a good shot in our first game. We're at home, and the news from the texans camp is saying Yates is likely to start against Cincy. We'll be going up against a rookie in his first playoff game in a tough environment, so anything is possible.

That being said we're gonna have a tough time in the next round. Our luck this year has been horrible, I honestly think we could contend with anyone if we still had Schaub.

Comment

• We almost beat a team playing for a spot in the playoffs with all back ups and our 4th QB of the year. If that game would of gone to OT i think we win that game. I do agree with going for 2 and getting off the field.

As far as the playoffs go.. there is not a team in the AFC that scares me. I think we have a very good chance to go deep and who knows, we have the defense to get us to the superbowl...

Comment

• I wish I had the same confidence. I really do. But I don't.

I do believe that with Schaub we would be a contender. But he is gone.

I think the opposing defenses will stack the line to stop the run. Then we will see a late round rookie quarter back starting in the playoffs. Which is exactly what Yates is.

I hope I am wrong.
        I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Where is Datchapin?

Comment

• Anyone think we should go after Manning since it seems like a sure bet that the Colts are going to let him go.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
              Anyone think we should go after Manning since it seems like a sure bet that the Colts are going to let him go.
              You're relegating Schaub to a backup for the next couple of years if you do. If it translates to a Super Bowl then go for it.

Comment

• I agree with your reasoning on Mario. He is expensive. But at the same time I hate to lose a pass rusher. Seems like the good teams keep them around. So if we can keep him, I think we should.

A second wide out is a must. When AJ is not in there, all Schaub does is throw to the TE. We lose down field ability. I think we have to get a WO. And this is a good year for that.

I agree with the line. They were good.

If Mario will give a home town discount, I think he needs to be signed.

Comment

• Anyone excited about Brady James becoming a Texican?

Comment

• Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
                    Anyone excited about Brady James becoming a Texican?
                    Yes... I know he had a down year, but under Wade he lead the team in tackles for 3 or so years in a row. He is a good character guy who does a lot of charity work.

He could be more productive than Ryans was last year and for a lot less money.

Im excited to see who will win the starting job between him and Sharpton.

Comment

• Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL
                      I think Stephen Hill is an Ok choice. His risk/reward is pretty good. But he does have fairly high bust potential, so we need to keep that in mind. I am just as easily enamored with 40's at the combine. But they really don't tell much by themselves.

For some reason, I would rather not take him in the first. But I understand why he would be taken, and I wouldn't be too upset about it. I just get worried about the lack of stats. It' isn't his fault, I realize that. But all things being equal, I would much rather have a lot more catches.
                      I'm really hoping you guys leave Hill for my niners @ 30. A lot of people have him going to either Cleveland or your Texans though.

Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.

Comment

• I have to agree. He is an idiot and will not fix anything

Comment

• He's not going to be a "locker room nightmare" at this point in his career. He just wants to be on a roster. He will sign a cheap 1 yr deal with anyone. If he acts up then just cut him, big deal. No harm in letting him tryout at least. You should read the article Grantland did on him recently.

The Texans have zero WR's behind Andre. I know it won't happen so its a somewhat pointless debate anyhow.

Comment

• Titans are going down!! Thats all.

Comment

• You said it datchapin. Watt for DPOY.

Comment

• Wow that was pathetic. I think the only people that cared were Andre, Watt, and Braman. That was it. Everyone else thought they would breeze right by the Packers since they lost to the Colts.

Schaub was downright awful and even when he had a chance to throw. The worst was when he just threw it into the ground and walked off the field even with no pressure around him at all. It was like a little baby pouting that he didn't get his way so he was going to quit. Then AJ Hawk puts a pinky on him and he dives to the ground in hope of not having to endure more pain than that poke.

Johnathan Josepth was pathetic. I don't know what happened to him. Granted, there were plays where Rodgers had a lot of time back there.

Now other defenses are going to see what the packers did with double and triple teaming Watt and making Smith and Cody beat us. Our LB's couldn't get much pressure other than Reed. I was disagreeing with people and saying we could make up for Cushing, but dang, this game proved me wrong big time.

Forsett had a couple of nice runs even though it was in garbage time.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information