Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, we have one representative in the pro bowl, Andre Johnson! Al Wilson going again is complete ********, if it were London Fletcher I would understand, but Demeco deserved to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06
      Well, we have one representative in the pro bowl, Andre Johnson! Al Wilson going again is complete ***********, if it were London Fletcher I would understand, but Demeco deserved to go.
      I gotta agree it's disappointing that Demeco didn't get in, but he will. Al Wilson is a bigger name and more people watch him, but Demeco deserves it as much as anybody and should begin his appearances next yr. Hopefully alongside Mario, or should I say hopefully with Mario along side of him? lol. Either way we should have multiple pro-bowlers soon.

Comment

• There's no need to apologize Grid. Though it does show alot of heart, I gotta respect that. Anybody can loose their cool, hell I know I have. Just not sure if there's any evidence online. Lol. Anyways I stick by my team and I try to put myself in their position. It's easier because I used to play myself, but then again it's harder because every person is different and I tend to put my own thoughts into it as well. However with Carr it's hard for everybody to identify with him as a leader because there are so few leaders like him. I've met one guy like him that gives me reason to keep my faith in Carr. Carr is a guy that never sells out, a guy that's humble but has his own fire. He's a guy that can compartemize his life. When he's on the field it's one thing, but once off it it's back to living your other life. I can't fully explain it, don't know if anybody would wanna hear either, but here's the point. Carr is a great leader, but his way is unique and not everybody identifies with it. I know he's a leader because I've come to believe in him, I've come to the point where it hurts that he's not succeeding. I've come to the point that when other player's don't come through for him I wanna cry because if I were in their shoes I would rather die (metaphorically speaking) than fail.

Comment

• Well, we go into this Sunday to face the division leaders. While a victory looks really unlikely I do think we will have a much much better performance than last week. At least I hope so. After last week our team will hopefully want to prove to us as well as themselves that they can be competitive and maybe just maybe pull out a win. I know we've been decimated by injuries, but even our injured team is performing better than last yr's. team. This is still a good thing and we can build on that. I'll probably post more stuff before the game, but for sure a win would be a great Christmas present.

Comment

• Originally posted by datchapin
            Well, we go into this Sunday to face the division leaders. While a victory looks really unlikely I do think we will have a much much better performance than last week. At least I hope so. After last week our team will hopefully want to prove to us as well as themselves that they can be competitive and maybe just maybe pull out a win. I know we've been decimated by injuries, but even our injured team is performing better than last yr's. team. This is still a good thing and we can build on that. I'll probably post more stuff before the game, but for sure a win would be a great Christmas present.
            I'll be at that game!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait because I have never been able to see a Texans game before.

Comment

• What are your guys thoughts on Dunta? Do you think he should be traded while he still has value? He was good his rookie year but has seemed to tail off a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Rhabuf
                What are your guys thoughts on Dunta? Do you think he should be traded while he still has value? He was good his rookie year but has seemed to tail off a bit.
                During rookie season Dunta had Eric Glen to play along side him. With Glen he found a mentor and Glen took under his wing. Now Dunta doesn't have any body good enogh to play along side with him. His play is suffering due this. If the Texans address their secondary needs then his play will pick up. Having a solid front seven to put pressure on QB will also help. The last two season his play has regressed due to lack of support.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Rhabuf
                  What are your guys thoughts on Dunta? Do you think he should be traded while he still has value? He was good his rookie year but has seemed to tail off a bit.
                  I dont think they would ever get fair value for him....considering where they drafted him....It would also not look good on the organization to be giving up on a bunch of first round picks....David Carr, there are rumours about Travis Johnson....plus nobody ever thought Jason Babin was worth his selection....and then with all the negativity surrounding Mario Williams....If im the GM I hang onto my cornerstone players....just look at D.Hall...last year he played really well and this year he hasnt...CB is a tough position

Comment

• What the hell happened to Travis Johnson? He was the #1 recruit out of high school not to long ago.

Also, who are you guys wanting in the draft? Seems like Thomas or Peterson would be good choices to me.

Comment

• If the Texans trade David Carr after the season, they will be in the market for another quarterback. Matt Schaub will be a restricted free agent. If the Falcons tender him a contract offer at a certain level, it will require a first-round pick to sign him. It's doubtful the Texans would surrender a high No. 1 pick for Schaub.
                      -- Houston Chronicle
                      Interesting, I think Schaub would be perfect for Kubiak's offense. The problem is wokring out a deal, but it would really help the Texans next year. The Falcons believe Schaub is worht a first rounder, thus the point system seems to indicate our mid-first pick plus Schaub would be needed to trade up that high.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver
                        If the Texans trade David Carr after the season, they will be in the market for another quarterback. Matt Schaub will be a restricted free agent. If the Falcons tender him a contract offer at a certain level, it will require a first-round pick to sign him. It's doubtful the Texans would surrender a high No. 1 pick for Schaub.
                        -- Houston Chronicle
                        Interesting, I think Schaub would be perfect for Kubiak's offense. The problem is wokring out a deal, but it would really help the Texans next year. The Falcons believe Schaub is worht a first rounder, thus the point system seems to indicate our mid-first pick plus Schaub would be needed to trade up that high.
                        Too expensive for my taste. Texans will have to surrender two first round pick for him. Not worth it.

Comment

• Texans just to give blank check to Nate Clements.

Comment

• Whats with all the hype surrounding Schaub??? Its like he is the next coming of Dan Marino or something...im not saying he isnt or wont be in the future, but what is everyone basing his value on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grid
                              Originally posted by Shiver
                              If the Texans trade David Carr after the season, they will be in the market for another quarterback. Matt Schaub will be a restricted free agent. If the Falcons tender him a contract offer at a certain level, it will require a first-round pick to sign him. It's doubtful the Texans would surrender a high No. 1 pick for Schaub.
                              -- Houston Chronicle
                              Too expensive for my taste. Texans will have to surrender two first round pick for him. Not worth it.
                              I highly doubt that's Rick McKay's price. That's what he is saying publicly, but I doubt that is the true asking price. It's just bargaining.

Comment

• I think Schaub could be had for a first round pick this year and maybe a pick based on how well / often he plays next season. Making it worth up to a first round pick but more likely a 3rd rounder.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information