Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black's a good signing. He's out of position at left tackle but he can play guard well and right tackle in a pinch. Also, half of the sacks he gave up came in the first game, from that point on he was up there with the least amount of sacks given up, he also held Shawne Merriman and Jason Taylor sackless in games this year. He's not as bad as basileus made him out to be.

Comment

• I just wanted to stop in and say hi to Green Bay south.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
        My condolences. Black might be passable at guard, but at tackle he is nothing more than a backup. I don't where anyone would get the impression that Black is any good. He is a reject from a team with a below-average oline and terrible tackles. He led the league in sacks given up for a reason, he is a terrible tackle. David Carr should just retire if Black is starting at tackle, I-65 is going to get him killed.

At least you didn't pay him much. He is good backup and depth who can play most positions on the line, just hope he isn't starting at tackle.
        Reject from a team with a terrible o-line? KC has one bad year(granted...pretty bad) but the years prior they had one of the Best Offensive Lines in the History of the NFL: Willie Roaf, Will Shileds, Casey Weigmann, Brian Waters? I think you got yourself a faulty memory bro. Black isn't that bad and I think he got crapped on alot in KC just because he had to replace THE BEST Left Tackle to ever play the game(Willie Roaf)...It's hard to fill those shoes my friend.
        hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

• Any time you suppose a player a couple days before camp with a position change, it is going to rough.

Black improved significantly as a tackle. It may not be his natural position, but I would take him over a few starters in the league.

Comment

• Hey Texan fans new "fantasy offseason-type" game starting up
            http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=4174

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

• so how is everyone doing?

it's all like dead in here and ish yo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightmares Win 6-0 View Post
                so how is everyone doing?

it's all like dead in here and ish yo...
                We definitely need more activity in here, where did gunn and all those other guys go? At least Datchapins back.

Comment

• helloooo helloooo hellooooo

is there anybody in there?

Comment

• Congrats on signing Andre Davis...he's one hell of a gunner.

Comment

• Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                      Congrats on signing Andre Davis...he's one hell of a gunner.
                      haha there wasn't any point in making this post, noone will read it. i think it is hilarious that the guy that post in this thread after a good amount of time is a bills fan. :)

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• I don't understand how Meriwether wouldn't fit ANY system to be honest. He can play any position in the Defensive backfield, he is a ball hawk, and he plays with that mean streak that a lot of guys don't play with. I think Meriwether could be eventually be a player similair to Troy Polamalu. I am very high on Meriwether, besides Landry he is the top safety in this class. As for his character, he got in a fight...there are whole team fights all the time in the MLB, does that make the whole team bad people? No you get caught up in a moment and thats what happens. As for the gun incident, he did absolutely nothing wrong, he had a permit for the weapon, he shot a guy protecting himself and his roomate. There's nothing wrong with protecting yourself!

Comment

• Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                          i think it is hilarious that the guy that post in this thread after a good amount of time is a bills fan. :)
                          haha there wasn't any point in making this post, noone will read it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                            I just wanted to stop in and say hi to Green Bay south.
                            Hello, Houston north.

Comment

• Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                              haha there wasn't any point in making this post, noone will read it. i think it is hilarious that the guy that post in this thread after a good amount of time is a bills fan. :)
                              Ummm, wrong. The point was to get you to make a post so that I might point out the enigma which is self fulfilling prophesy. So the post did have a point which it fulfilled. Muahhahaha.

Actually it's not a bad signing, I think Davis provides good depth. I can't say he's an automatic second option. However depth is never a bad thing. Hope this guy makes the team.

Comment

• Oh, Jacoby Jones and Joe Staley are both scheduled to meet with the Texans. I could see us taking Jones in the third or fourth if he's still around depending on where we're picking. The guy has the measureables and his only real drawback is that he hasn't played against elite talent, but if we take a flyer on this guy in the later rds. I think he'd be worth it. Staley would also be a good option if we traded down and I'm of the opinion that Staley is right up there with Brown as far as talent goes. Anyways, it's good to see activity from our team even if it's all smokescreens.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information