Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahman is also reunited with Sherman who he likes and is comfortable with. I think he will have a solid season.

Comment

• i'm not sure what constitutes a solid season in your eyes, but i doubt green has over 1000 yards rushing this year...

Comment

• Texans to meet with DT Sam Adams

By MEGAN MANFULL
        Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

In an effort to possibly add another veteran to the defensive line, the Texans will visit with tackle Sam Adams today.

The 6-3, 350-pounder played high school football at Cy-Creek and was a standout at Texas A&M. Adams has played for Seattle, Baltimore, Oakland, Buffalo and Cincinnati.

He was a first-round pick of the Seahawks in 1994. In 13 seasons, Adams has played in 198 games and racked up 389 tackles and 44 sacks. He started all 16 games last season for the Bengals, finishing with 14 tackles and two sacks.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4845844.html

Comment

• That would be awesome to get him, I'm comfortable with Maddox at DT, but having Adams would be great. He's not what he once was, but he's a big body. If we were to bring him in though that would really change things up. Amobi would have to play UT which I'm sure he can but he seems like a NT more naturally. Having a big body next to him would really make things easier on Amobi.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
            That would be awesome to get him, I'm comfortable with Maddox at DT, but having Adams would be great. He's not what he once was, but he's a big body. If we were to bring him in though that would really change things up. Amobi would have to play UT which I'm sure he can but he seems like a NT more naturally. Having a big body next to him would really make things easier on Amobi.
            Yeah, Adams, even though he's kinda a headcase would be great. Really plug up some holes and let Amobi go through his rookie season without seeing too many double teams. But even if we don't get him, I really want to see Weaver moved inside. He can put on a few more pounds and be a UT, which I believe is his natural position. Problem is with our LE spot(I'm pretty sure Mario has been set at RE). So I don't see it happening.

Comment

• I want Sam Adams just because of his name. Remember Miller or Lima time for the Astros anyone?

It's SAM ADAMS TIME!

Comment

• Originally posted by VY10 View Post
                I want Sam Adams just because of his name. Remember Miller or Lima time for the Astros anyone?

It's SAM ADAMS TIME!
                I too, would like a Samuel Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                  I too, would like a Samuel Adams.
                  It'll getcha drunk. *****.

Comment

• Few questions about the Texans.

I read somewhere that 3rd round pick, Jacoby Jones has a good shot at earning a shot at return duties. Do you think he has a chance of starting at the #2 WR spot opposite Andre Johnson?

How do you think TE, Owen Daniels will do this season? What kind of player is he? Do you think Charles Spencer has a shot at returning?

..also will you guys play Amobi Okoye at Nose Tackle, or at the 3-Tech.? Will he be a full time starter right off the bat, or will he be eased in slowly in a rotation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Auron View Post
                      Few questions about the Texans.

I read somewhere that 3rd round pick, Jacoby Jones has a good shot at earning a shot at return duties. Do you think he has a chance of starting at the #2 WR spot opposite Andre Johnson?

How do you think TE, Owen Daniels will do this season? What kind of player is he? Do you think Charles Spencer has a shot at returning?

..also will you guys play Amobi Okoye at Nose Tackle, or at the 3-Tech.? Will he be a full time starter right off the bat, or will he be eased in slowly in a rotation?
                      If Jacoby Jones has a strong TC then he's got a good shot at starting. As of right now though, Kevin Walter is still ahead of him. If Jerome Mathis isn't ready to go this season I'm fine with Jacoby returning kicks. Dexter Wynn is also a return man so those two will compete if Jacoby wants to return punts as well.

I see Daniels doing well this season, based on Schaub's one start he seems to look the TE's way pretty often. I'd expect him to build on what he did last year. He's a really good receiving option, but our blocking TE is Bruener.

Spencer I expect will be ready to go this season.

As for Amobi he will play NT next to either Anthony Maddox or Anthony Weaver depending on which set up we use. Most likely Weaver at this point IMO. Unless we sign Sam Adams. If we get Adams we'll put Amobi at UT and Adams at NT. Amobi is going to start right off the bat I expect. Our d-line needs help and he will start from day one like Mario did.

Comment

• Well we aren't getting Sam Adams :(

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...87844628_x.htm

Comment

• so how bout them texans...

Comment

• I hope our attempt at establishing a legendary D-line works out....

Comment

• Originally posted by VY10 View Post
                              I hope our attempt at establishing a legendary D-line works out....
                              2 have already proven they aren't going to be good starters. Travis Johnson is one of the worst picks I have ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by America View Post
                                2 have already proven they aren't going to be good starters. Travis Johnson is one of the worst picks I have ever seen.
                                No doubt about it. I didn't like him from the second we drafted him. Hopefully Amobi and Mario can get something really good started on that line.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information