This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    According to Pro Football Prospectus: Mario Williams was already a top-10 run defender, and while he didn't get the sacks had plenty of hurries.
    You know, I believe the sacks will come. Hes aready established him self as one of the best run defenders in the league, and thats half of what he needs to be a great DE. The sacks and the pass rushing began to come towards the end of the season last year. And now that he is slimming down he should be quicker and have a better first step. I think this year he may have a good season statistically, and I think the Texans D as a whole will be better.

Comment

• Originally posted by datchapin View Post
      Ey Shiver, what's happening with Jimmy Williams? That's gotta suck, first Vick and now last yrs. rookie. Oh snap and Warrick Dunn getting hurt too. Man that's gotta hurt. Glad you joined us though. So at least there's something positive.
      • What Jimmy Williams was charged with is nothing, even if he is guilty. Here is a summary of the Falcons last twelve months:
      • Team loses both Patrick Kerney and John Abraham, watch the defense implode, miss playoffs.
      • Vick flips off the fans.
      • Jim Mora is fired because he made a boneheaded comment to a Seattle radio.
      • Rod Coleman gets injured for 6-8 months in a freak boating accident.
      • Demorrio Williams, likewise, gets hurt in the off-season.
      • Patrick Kerney leaves in free agency, while he takes a shot at Vick's work ethic on the way out.
      • Michael Vick is in waterbottlegate.
      • Jonathan Babineaux is charged with killing his girlfriends dog.
      • Warrick Dunn gets hurt.
      • The Michael Vick situation.

Basically the only thing that went right was the Schaub trade, the coaching hire and the Falcons '07 draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
        You know, I believe the sacks will come. Hes aready established him self as one of the best run defenders in the league, and thats half of what he needs to be a great DE. The sacks and the pass rushing began to come towards the end of the season last year. And now that he is slimming down he should be quicker and have a better first step. I think this year he may have a good season statistically, and I think the Texans D as a whole will be better.
        Another need stat: after their first three debacles...err games, the Texans had a top-10 defense the rest of the year. They will only be better this year with Ryans and Williams improving, plus the addition of Amobi Okoye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
          Another need stat: after their first three debacles...err games, the Texans had a top-10 defense the rest of the year. They will only be better this year with Ryans and Williams improving, plus the addition of Amobi Okoye.
          I agree 100%. I love the pick of Okoye. We saw how the LB's played last year with weaker DT's in front of them. Now they are imrpoved and I look to see Ryans and the rest of the Lb's to be even better than last year. I also look to see some pressure taken off the DB's because of pressure the DL should be able to apply. I like the way this team looks right now. I think its getting better and I really like what Kubiak is doing.

Comment

• There is a reason I am banking on the Texans as my dark horse team.

Comment

• Ahman is gonna be a big-time factor. I watched training camp and I've never seen a back like him on our team. He's gonna light it up. People need to recognize. Our offense should be making noise this yr. as well.

Comment

Ahman is gonna be a big-time factor. I watched training camp and I've never seen a back like him on our team. He's gonna light it up. People need to recognize. Our offense should be making noise this yr. as well.
                Word, although I don't know if he's gonna be as effective as DD was a couple years ago.

Comment

• Speaking of offenses. I think I finally found the cheap QB of my dreams! Matt Schaub is only like 1.32 in Yahoo Salary Cap. I think that's partially because of the stats, and partially because of your guys' horrible line(no offense). What type of numbers do you see him putting up this year?

Side Note,
                  Although I think that the Texans line is about as porous as my beloved Chiefs, I think they are on the way up, and Kubiak is all about the Bootleg, when he was in Denver that killed us...
                  hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

Ahman is gonna be a big-time factor. I watched training camp and I've never seen a back like him on our team. He's gonna light it up. People need to recognize. Our offense should be making noise this yr. as well.
                    You Texans fans need to wake up and realize your team sucks. Ahman Green isn't the answer and Getting rid of Carr was dumb. Spencer at LT is dumb. He lacks the wingspan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fitzgerald11 View Post
                      You Texans fans need to wake up and realize your team sucks. Ahman Green isn't the answer and Getting rid of Carr was dumb. Spencer at LT is dumb. He lacks the wingspan.
                      Ahman Green is the short term answer to the running back situation. Getting rid of Carr was smart... not drafting Vince Young, IMO, was dumb (but possibly smart because scrambling QB's are usually injured a lot). Spencer at LT is not dumb. He is injured and was one of the best performers at LT we have ever had - as a rookie.

Please don't come back here and remember that the Cardinals are still bottom dwellers and are still worse than the Texans. You did finish 5-11 last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
                        Speaking of offenses. I think I finally found the cheap QB of my dreams! Matt Schaub is only like 1.32 in Yahoo Salary Cap. I think that's partially because of the stats, and partially because of your guys' horrible line(no offense). What type of numbers do you see him putting up this year?

Side Note,
                        Although I think that the Texans line is about as porous as my beloved Chiefs, I think they are on the way up, and Kubiak is all about the Bootleg, when he was in Denver that killed us...

Schaub won't have the greatest numbers. I expect 16-20 TDs, 10-14 picks, and 2800-3100 yards. There's not a whole lot to base his success on. I think what he really brings to the table is leadership and that doesn't matter in fantasy.

Comment

• Originally posted by America View Post
                          Schaub won't have the greatest numbers. I expect 16-20 TDs, 10-14 picks, and 2800-3100 yards. There's not a whole lot to base his success on. I think what he really brings to the table is leadership and that doesn't matter in fantasy.
                          This is Salary Cap football. He is an incredible value considering all starting QB's are at least worth around 7.00. You are given 100pts and have to make your team out of that. Now Fantasy football I have to say he ain't worth much.

Comment

• decent game.
                            really impressed with jacoby.
                            http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                            For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• Why is Wali not the starter he is a future pro bowler, Ahman Green is old, washed up, and crap.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Wali might not even be the #3 back this year. Sucks for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information