Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Houston Texans Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
    decent game.
    really impressed with jacoby.
    Jacoby did well, so did Jerome, both on O and ST. Sucks that Earl broke his foot. C.C. Brown will take over SS and Von Hutchins(had the pick) will go to FS I'm guessin. The paper was ripping on Mario, I didn't think he played that badly.

    Comment


    • I'm starting to love our Special Teams. Jerome Mathis and Jacoby Jones have to be two of the fastest players in the NFL. I think Dunta Robinson is more physical than Mario Williams is right now. That little guy can hit.

      Comment


      • Diles is doing good too. Always great to get a solid backup, especially as a rookie, out of a 7th round pick. That being said he has only played 1 preseason game but he's looking good.

        Jacoby did great. I was at the game for part of the time and he was looking good. He stepped out of bounds on what should have been a TD reception. Rookie mistake, I believe he will learn with time better positioning and how to drag his feet.

        Rosenfels and our offense seemed really lost in the second quarter right after that great return by Mathis. We really need to follow up with 6, not 3 after big special teams plays. Of course that is just the second team.

        That's just my 2 cents for what I saw. Damn traffic outside the stadium was a cluster #*&(). Missed entire first quarter and half the second.

        Comment


        • In other news the paper mentioned how Casserly is now praising VY. He was the reason we re-signed Carr(Doh!) didn't take the offensive rookie of the year ((Doh!) who would have been a nice compliment to the defensive rookie of the year (Doh!)) and now why we had to pay such a high price to get Schuab.....Doh!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by VY10 View Post
            In other news the paper mentioned how Casserly is now praising VY. He was the reason we re-signed Carr(Doh!) didn't take the offensive rookie of the year ((Doh!) who would have been a nice compliment to the defensive rookie of the year (Doh!)) and now why we had to pay such a high price to get Schuab.....Doh!

            Casserly is a damn fool. He screwed us over so badly. I wish I could go back and redo our 1st 5 drafts for us.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by America View Post
              Casserly is a damn fool. He screwed us over so badly. I wish I could go back and redo our 1st 5 drafts for us.
              I know for a fact that we would be a playoff contender if that was the case.

              Comment


              • I still like the Mario Williams pick over VY but obviously it could have been done better by trading down. I believe the Saints were the only team considering Mario as long as we got a pick before the Packers who I think really wanted him. If the Saints do go with Mario even if they have two DE's then you take D'Brickshaw, VY, or Vernon Davis. The only first round picks I havent liked was picking Travis Johnson over Derrick Johnson and then giving up a 2,3, and I think a 4th rounder to trade back up and get Jason Babin. They have said he has had a good camp so hopefully he can prove me wrong this year. David Carr obviously was a bad pick but at the time you have to go with a QB when you are team just starting in the league.

                Comment


                • Here is my outsiders perspective: the Texans should have taken Young and gotten rid of Carr. Once they decided to keep Carr for the time being, Williams was the 'no-brainer' pick for the Texans over Bush in my opinion.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                    Here is my outsiders perspective: the Texans should have taken Young and gotten rid of Carr. Once they decided to keep Carr for the time being, Williams was the 'no-brainer' pick for the Texans over Bush in my opinion.
                    Agreed. Reggie Bush has no place in a zone blocking scheme. We needed to trade down though.

                    Comment


                    • Previous 2 posts, I agree 110%.... Though seeing Reggie Bush in a zone-blocking scheme would be hilarious.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by VY10 View Post
                        Previous 2 posts, I agree 110%.... Though seeing Reggie Bush in a zone-blocking scheme would be hilarious.
                        Would McFadden be a good ZBS runner? I didnt watch too many Arkansas games and I am not sure what kind of blocking they use up there.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                          Would McFadden be a good ZBS runner? I didnt watch too many Arkansas games and I am not sure what kind of blocking they use up there.
                          If he is available when we are drafting, which won't happen unless something goes really wrong this year, we will take him. He is a great 1-cut runner, he hits the hole hard, and his vision and speed are incredible. He doesn't dance around like Bush did and make everyone miss. He hits his hole and runs with it. He is going to be a great NFL runningback.

                          He is also a good receiver, and was 3/3 with 2 TD's when it came to passing also.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by VY10 View Post
                            If he is available when we are drafting, which won't happen unless something goes really wrong this year, we will take him. He is a great 1-cut runner, he hits the hole hard, and his vision and speed are incredible. He doesn't dance around like Bush did and make everyone miss. He hits his hole and runs with it. He is going to be a great NFL runningback.

                            He is also a good receiver, and was 3/3 with 2 TD's when it came to passing also.
                            Yeah, McFadden is a lot like Adrian Peterson except he's used more in the passing game. I guess you could say he's kind of like Clinton Portis. Extremely quick to read the defense, and gets in the hole so fast. He's shifty and has good power as well, he keeps the piles moving a lot. Clinton was ideal for the ZBS, and I believe McFadden is too. I just hope we aren't that bad of a team this year to draft him.

                            Comment


                            • I still like the Mario pick.

                              I'm not convinced Vince Young is going to be a "great" QB. We are just going to have to wait and see. He made some huge plays last year but I want to see him be more consistenct.

                              Reggie Bush would have been a terrible pick.

                              Trading down certainly would have been a good option but I'm not sure anybody was really trying to move up. It was pretty well reported too that the Saints were leaning towards Mario when everybody believed Bush would go #1. Now, if we could have traded down to 8 or 10 and picked up Cutler and a ton of extra picks - That would have been my dream.

                              Mario will be fine. He's still only 22 years and is younger than most of the rookies coming into the league. Also remember, while the Saints are building their scheme around Bush and the Titans are building their scheme around Young, we have been forcing Mario to do everything - play both end positions, some DT.

                              Comment


                              • So where is the idiot Cardinals fan that told us the Texans suck? It is only preseason, but they just got it handed too them.

                                I am more and more impressed with Jacoby. I wouldn't be suprised if Mathis isn't around in the future.

                                Go Texans!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information