Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow I just took a look at the Texans depth chart they have a really good Defense but their offense is average

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
      God Mario was RIDICULOUS. He could be the top defensive end in the NFL in a few years.
      He has been a beast the last 5 games. Just think that we are doing this without Dunta, Schaub, and Ahman Green too. Rosenfells was forcing too many passes but he did a great job considering this is only like his 4th start in his career. The INT in the second half should never have happened. 3 defenders around Andre and he tries to get in there anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
        I remember the 2006 draft, Mario Williams #1 pick people were upset the Texans didn't pick Reggie. Wow times have changed everybody said that he was going to come out on the short end when being compared to Reggie Bush well right now, I would want to be compared to Reggie.
        People around Houston really wanted Vince since the city is filled with Longhorn students and alumni. I hated our 3-4 defense and loved it when we brought in Kubiak, switched to a 4-3 and drafted Mario.

The Texans have spent their 1st rounders on defense which is why you see our depth chart on D being so much better than on offense. Dunta Robinson, Travis Johnson, Amobi Okoye, Mario Williams, and Jason Babin were all first rounders. Babin is obviously no longer on the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
          wow I just took a look at the Texans depth chart they have a really good Defense but their offense is average
          Exactly, that's what us Texans fans are excited about. We have a great front 7, and here's the best part our starting front 7(As of week 15) are all under the age of 30.
          Anthony Weaver- 27
          Amobi Okoye- 20
          Travis Johnson- 25
          Mario Williams- 22
          Charlie Anderson- 25
          Demeco Ryans- 23
          Morlon Greenwood- 29

And as for next year when we get Dunta back
          Dunta Robinson- 26
          Fred Bennett- 24

The only spot we aren't that good at is safety.
          If we could get Kenny Phillips our defense would be unreal.

Comment

• Mario did play beastly tonight, he's freakishly athetic and looks to be getting more dominant the more he plays, if Okoye meets his potential you guys could easily have the best defensive line in football...

Is Travis Johnson playing up to par this year?? Being that he's a 1st rd pick too if he steps up his play he makes that line even better

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Kenny Phillips to the Texans would make the team's D super legit.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

• I agree adding a playmaker to the secondary would make this defence have playmakers at each level on D.

Comment

• 3 and a half sacks, and cued the Super Mario music. Yes, I do believe Mario is fast becoming my hero.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    Mario did play beastly tonight, he's freakishly athetic and looks to be getting more dominant the more he plays, if Okoye meets his potential you guys could easily have the best defensive line in football...

Is Travis Johnson playing up to par this year?? Being that he's a 1st rd pick too if he steps up his play he makes that line even better
                    I think he is. I have been impressed by Travis this year. At times he makes big plays, but he has consistently been clogging the middle this season.

Comment

• he destroyed Trent Green. NEVER cut block Travis Johnson

Comment

• I can't wait till Dunta and Bennett are starting across from eachother. With 7 wins, we could be out of Kenny Phillips range. If only Boulware could play like he did in his 2nd year. I'd love to put our first into Jonathan Stewart of Oregon. Or go for crazy and get a pass rushing DE. Not really though.

Comment

• Originally posted by America View Post
                          I can't wait till Dunta and Bennett are starting across from eachother. With 7 wins, we could be out of Kenny Phillips range. If only Boulware could play like he did in his 2nd year. I'd love to put our first into Jonathan Stewart of Oregon. Or go for crazy and get a pass rushing DE. Not really though.
                          The Michael Boulware scenario is really unlikely from what I've heard. Word on Boulware is that he's soft, doesn't work hard, and just lacks quickness. He would ideally be suited for goal-line since he's got good size, but he got his ankles broken by a Dallas Clark juke when we gave him a shot. I really liked him before this season, but I don't expect much except for special teams.

But who knows we could be ok at safety next year without bringing in anyone new. As much as I dislike Will Demps, he has done pretty well for us and is solid against the run. Plus we will have Glenn Earl back from injury next season, and he was getting a lot of praise for improvement before his injury. If Demps and an improved Earl are the starters we would be pretty solid.

I loved the all red uni's on Thursday, what did you guys think?

Comment

The Michael Boulware scenario is really unlikely from what I've heard. Word on Boulware is that he's soft, doesn't work hard, and just lacks quickness. He would ideally be suited for goal-line since he's got good size, but he got his ankles broken by a Dallas Clark juke when we gave him a shot. I really liked him before this season, but I don't expect much except for special teams.

But who knows we could be ok at safety next year without bringing in anyone new. As much as I dislike Will Demps, he has done pretty well for us and is solid against the run. Plus we will have Glenn Earl back from injury next season, and he was getting a lot of praise for improvement before his injury. If Demps and an improved Earl are the starters we would be pretty solid.

I loved the all red uni's on Thursday, what did you guys think?
                            I loved the red uniforms too. They were pretty cool. It would be cool to see us get Calais Campbell with our first since we are probably out of Kenny Phillips range. :) One of the Jenkins' would be nice too. I think we will go defense first round. They are close to a dominating unit.

Comment

• We've got too pressing of needs and are too close to the playoffs to pick another 1st round d-lineman when anthony weaver is perfectly fine. Spots we need to address are safety, guard, tackle, and another center for depth. Since we are out of Kenny Phillips range most likely I think we should pick up Jeff Otah if he's available, or maybe even Sam Baker. This isn't a very top heavy draft for guards so there may still be some quality options in round 3 for us to take.

Although Josh Barrett would be SWEET. 6'3 231 Damn.
                              Last edited by cunningham06; 12-19-2007, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Although Josh Barrett would be SWEET. 6'3 231 Damn.
                                He's built a lot like Boulware is, maybe even a little closer to Sean Taylor's build. He's lankier than the 231 would indicate. He's been hurt a lot this year, but is still a pretty beastly athlete, and managed a half decent season even though he didn't start much. I only saw him play once this year, and then once the year before, but from what I saw he's really aggressive, really fast, and a pretty solid tackler. He's got some work to do in coverage, but he'd be a good project for a dominant FS in the future, cause he's the kind of player who needs to have some room to roam.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information