Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Clayton is reporting that Houston maybe where Rudi Johnson ends up.... That would be the worst mistake ever. We already have a older injury prone RB. If Rudi was 100% healthy i would be all for bringing him in, but he has been limited by his hamstring. But knowing Rick Smith, we will probably sign him for 20 million for 3 years.

Comment

• Theres no rumors of it other than him saying its possible. Its just him, being the genius that he is, looking at teams who might need a RB, and seeing us put Brown on the IR, and thinking "Hey! Heres something I can throw out there."

Rotoworld;

The Houston Chronicle does not expect the Texans to take a look at free agent Rudi Johnson.

Johnson has never ran behind zone blocks and the Texans probably couldn't take another injury problem at running back. If Rudi does get picked up -- which is certainly no guarantee -- it's unlikely to happen before Week 1.
      In other news;

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5976473.html

In their first round of moves Sunday, the Texans signed defensive end Stanley McClover of Auburn. They were also able to add running back Darius Walker to their practice squad.

McClover, a seventh-round pick in 2006, was released by the Carolina Panthers in the final round of cuts after having an unimpressive preseason. He played in 11 games last season and finished with eight tackles. He appeared in just two games as a rookie.

In the preseason, the 6-foot-2, 263 pound end had five tackles in three appearances. To make room for him on the roster, the Texans released offensive tackle Cliff Washburn.

The Texans fielded their entire practice squad with players they had released Friday. Walker was signed to the practice squad, along with linebacker Kevis Coley, wide receiver Darnell Jenkins, defensive tackle Gabe Long, defensive end Jesse Nading, cornerback Derrick Roberson and wide receiver Mark Simmons.
      And bad news for Chris Brown;

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

The Houston Texans placed running back Chris Brown on injured reserve Saturday, continuing a string of recent disappointments at the position.

Brown has a herniated disc in his back and it is considered to be a career-threatening injury, NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports.
      Last edited by comahan; 09-01-2008, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• I think it will be interesting when Slaton and Taylor get their shot. Most analysts are not buying Slaton as a #1 back. More of a grand 3rd down back. That being said, he could surprise, looking at RBs like Westbrook, etc, that can do it all. Especially in a ZBS, he could work. Toss in Taylor, who is a bit more hard nosed, could compliment him well.

It may turn out to be a successful running duo that at least takes pressure off of the passing game.

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• John Clayton loses. Rudi to Detroit.

Comment

• Chris Taylor doesn't have the vision, I don't think.

But Steve Slaton is going to be a poor man's Clinton Portis in Houston imo. He was a great pick for the Texans in the third round, people were more down on him than they should have been and he landed in a great spot for him.

That said, Slaton suffering frm turf toe opens the door for one more year of Ahman Green. I think Green has a very good chance of bouncing back this season if he can stay healthy. Restructing his contract to pay him a bonus for every game played could be a helpful motivating factor.
            Last edited by Geo; 09-01-2008, 08:11 PM.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
              John Clayton loses. Rudi to Detroit.
              Now that the Lions signed Rudi and cut Bell, i wonder how long untill Bell is in Houston for a visit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
                Chris Taylor doesn't have the vision, I don't think.

But Steve Slaton is going to be a poor man's Clinton Portis in Houston imo. He was a great pick for the Texans in the third round, people were more down on him than they should have been and he landed in a great spot for him.

That said, Slaton suffering frm turf toe opens the door for one more year of Ahman Green. I think Green has a very good chance of bouncing back this season if he can stay healthy. Restructing his contract to pay him a bonus for every game played could be a helpful motivating factor.
                Well, Green is the starter anyway. Nothing Slaton does will change that at this point.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• We signed Eugene Wilson.
                  Texans signed DB Eugene Wilson to a one-year contract, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter.
                  Wilson gives Houston an upgrade over inexperienced Brandon Harrison as a backup at free safety behind Will Demps, but isn't a threat to Demps' job.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

• I have never been so embarrassed to be a Texans fan.... Mario is the only one trying out there. Pathetic!!!!!

Comment

• I want David Carr back!

Comment

• That was awful, we got our ass kicked all over the field. Mario is still amazing, but the defensive effort is not near what it was last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                          That was awful, we got our ass kicked all over the field. Mario is still amazing, but the defensive effort is not near what it was last season.
                          It was horrible. I bet Mario was thinking "what do I have to do for this team to score a TD?" He gets 2 sacks and a forced fumble and still only a FG out of it. I feel bad for Duane Brown. He has an excuse but guys like Schaub and pretty much everyone on offense and defense besides AJ and Mario dont have one. I couldnt help but laugh when Brown dove to the right of the ball and completely missed on that fumble.

Comment

• I think Schaub is fine.

Schaub, our WR's, Mario, and DeMeco are fine.

Everything else.. not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
                              I think Schaub is fine.

Schaub, our WR's, Mario, and DeMeco are fine.

Everything else.. not so much.
                              Schaub is not fine... Untill the line blocks someone he will be in a lot of trouble, no qb in the league could of played well with the way we were blocking. The D looked so bad. Everyone knew that Pitt was going to do nothing but run the ball in the second half and they still could not stop them. This game reminded me of the david carr days.

Comment

• We had like 6 trips to the redzone and only got 12 points? That is pathetic. The only bright spot of the day is that its looking more and more like we found ourself a really good starting RB in Slaton. Its only been two games but we havent even come close to winning either of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information