This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jjmt2500
    I really dont think the Titans will keep this up, to weak at QB and WR. Before long the Colts will take back there spot on top of the South.
    Seasons aren't decided by QB and WR play. If it were, then the Titans wouldn't have gone to the Playoffs last year with VY at QB and Justin Gage and Roydell Williams at WR.

I'm not one to doubt Peyton Manning, and the Texans and Jags still have upside, but there is no reason to think the Titans will start slumping.

They may not have great WRs but they have 2 good TEs to throw the ball to. McNair never had good WRs so he worked the ball to his TEs, and he lead them to a superbowl.
    Frank Wychek, Derrick Mason, Kevin Dyson, Eddie George >>>>>>>>> Bo Scaife, Justin Gage, Roydell Williams, LenDale White.

McNair is better than VY, but it's dead wrong to say that he had just as poor of supporting cast.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• ill admit as dreadful as the titans are to watch they are always going to be competitive which is all that matters. The texans just piss me off now. They have talent, they have enjoyed some success to at least to establish what they need to do to be competitive, and they dont have david carr to be the scapegoat anymore. they seriously need to realize that their fans are gonna lose patience if they dont finally put a good product on the field. Kubiak needs to quit being proud if shaub cant do it at least give sage a chance to show what he can do. oh and with the exception of eddie george mcnair made all those players what they were. without him those guys would have been hard pressed to make it in the nfl

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
        Seasons aren't decided by QB and WR play. If it were, then the Titans wouldn't have gone to the Playoffs last year with VY at QB and Justin Gage and Roydell Williams at WR.

I'm not one to doubt Peyton Manning, and the Texans and Jags still have upside, but there is no reason to think the Titans will start slumping.

Frank Wychek, Derrick Mason, Kevin Dyson, Eddie George >>>>>>>>> Bo Scaife, Justin Gage, Roydell Williams, LenDale White.

McNair is better than VY, but it's dead wrong to say that he had just as poor of supporting cast.
        The only reason the Titans made the playoffs last year is because the Colts didnt play any of there starters in that last game. So i don't want to hear that. Clayton is right Mcnair made everyone around him better b/c he is a strong leader, and probably the toughest qb of all time, if he could move his arm he was going to play. Vince is a cry baby ***** that no one on that team respects.

On your supporting cast you left off Crumpler and chris johnson. Two pretty good weapons.

Comment

• haha that is true i forgot about that freebie the colts gave the titans. i loved vince in college but there is alot of things that he did that just dont translate to the pro game unfortunately. i hope he gets another chance but even hearing things like the stuff that has come out whether they are true or not is kinda pathetic.

Comment

• Good game guys. Matt Schaub is back (or here?).

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Someone needs to smack Kubs in the back of the head. How do you not call a timeout when its 4th down you have your punt return team on the field and they have there offense. I cant believe no one called a time out.

On the other hand, this game does give us some hope. We wanted Sage and Kubs stuck with Schaub and it turned out to be the right decision. Now we just need to get the defense going. We have to be one of the worse teams in the league in tackling. When Jax had that drive were Garrard kept running the ball, why wasnt a line backer assigned to spy the QB.

Comment

• Need. Pass rush. Badly.

uhhhg.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
                  Need. Pass rush. Badly.

uhhhg.
                  Maeio can't handle the task alone? I thought he was Super Mario.
                  my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                  <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• the defense is just terrible. they cant seem to make any big plays and cant tackle worth a damn. glad to see the offense show up and it gives me hope that the season isnt lost, but demeco and mario need to start jumping down people's throats and get their teammates fired up.

Comment

• oh and i was one of the slaton doubters but hes won me over i think we finnally found the impact back weve been looking for.

Comment

• Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                        Maeio can't handle the task alone? I thought he was Super Mario.
                        Maeio??? i dont know a Maeio...

Comment

• Originally posted by jjmt2500
                          The only reason the Titans made the playoffs last year is because the Colts didnt play any of there starters in that last game. So i don't want to hear that. Clayton is right Mcnair made everyone around him better b/c he is a strong leader, and probably the toughest qb of all time, if he could move his arm he was going to play. Vince is a cry baby ***** that no one on that team respects.

On your supporting cast you left off Crumpler and chris johnson. Two pretty good weapons.
                          Actually, we made the playoffs because we played the resting Colts and 'cause the Browns laid an egg against the Bengals, but lets not get into that. ;)

Fact is that the team won 10 games, when most thought 7 wins would be an achievement. The fact that we played a SB contender who wanted to rest it's players should have no bearing when gauging last year's success. Those 10 wins came fair and square.

Vince may have his lapses of maturity, but the media falsely reported nearly everything during the whole controversy earlier this season. He didn't refuse to take the field in the Jags game. He refused to take the field when it was a TV timeout so he could get his thoughts together after struggling the few previous plays. The team and family involved police when Vince left his house without his cell phone, and was found at a friend's house watching MNF. As for the unloaded gun in his car, it was registered and in the glovebox. And as far as his benching, it was needed as VY was never afforded the luxury of sitting on the bench and learning the game due to being on a winless team led by Kerry Collins. Be sure to get your facts straight before you start stating how the Titans think of Vince Young.

On my supporting cast were players from last season who've been able to play significant time with Young. Young has played with Crumpler and Johnson for a whole 3-quarters, and had the Titans with the lead that ended up being the final score. Besides, Scaife has been more successful than Crumpler and Eddie George is better than both Johnson and LenDale combined.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Vince Young is no cry baby and he is respected. His greatest contribution was the swagger and leadership he brought to Texas. Without it, I don't think they could have gone as far as they did. The media has blown that situation out of proportion. Vince will be starting again by the end of the year.

Comment

• And he will still be terrible, and be carried by his team.

Look, Im a Texas fan. I love Vince Young. He was one of the best college players ever. But he sucks in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
                                And he will still be terrible, and be carried by his team.

Look, Im a Texas fan. I love Vince Young. He was one of the best college players ever. But he sucks in the NFL.
                                He still has the IT factor that no Texans QB has ever had. I was there when he had the 39 yard TD run in OT. People always said it would take him 2+ years before he can start. His benching should be good for him. He needs time to watch and develop his game in practice. I still think he can be a starter.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information